PDA

View Full Version : UNblocking samsung e600

mjs88
27-12-2004, 08:09 PM
does ANYONE know how to do this i need help pls!!! i got this as a christmas pressent on O2 but i want to keep to my old network. PLS help! :-)

petrosg
28-12-2004, 02:25 AM
My friend, firstly I think you mean Unlocking not Unblocking. You want to make your phone recognise your other sim card (a non o2 sim card) right?
Well, to unlocking samsungs you can sometimes try to input a code which may or may not work. If the code is unsuccesful then the only way to unlock your phone is by visiting someone who has the correct (expensive) unlocking equiptment. I am not sure if there is a code to unlock the E600, so I would recommend that you just take it to someone with the equiptment, it will only cost around £10.

petrosg
28-12-2004, 02:28 AM
By the way, if a phone is "blocked" it means it has been reported lost or stolen and has been blocked by the service provider and will no longer work.

mjs88
28-12-2004, 08:24 PM
i have found out a way of unblocking the Samsungs E300 and E600 but before i do so, has anyone at all recieved any problems on any phone after unblocking, cos my dad and i fear that perhaps if we unblock there maybe a problem. and also i dont know where you would get the phone unblocked and i supposed its worth a try to unblock if i have the method, rather than pay someone else to do so right?

snowballjohnny
20-07-2006, 10:21 AM
I bought a e800 cable in the shop, changed it to a flash cable, thanks to a rumanian tech-freak website and reflashed it using free german software.. the only problem with optiflash software was that I had to use version 3.6 using the D410 platform instead of the e600 platform. I had to use the delete all unused memory function!
After this proicedure the phone is unblocked, unlocked and as new.. with very nice Simpsons theme/mod installed on it!
Snowball