PDA

View Full Version : 8210 problems - HELP

Flava Sava
31-12-2004, 02:08 PM
hi, i have a 8210 which is completly wrecked.

Problem 1 - i can hear person but they cannot hear me - it turned out to be jus the mic but sometimes in the middle of the phone call the other person stops hearing me.

Problem 2 - sometimes the sound switches off and stops wrking

Problem 3 - Battery loses charge very quickly - hav bought a new battery but have not tried it yet.

pjd199
02-01-2005, 02:41 AM
In answer to the battery loosing charge, this is a very common problem with nokia batteries, and othe mobiles alike, whereby the battery has its own memory, and if you do not fully discharge the battery before recharging, ie you charge it when it still has two bars, the battery thinks that two bars is its max capacity, and only charges it to that cap, but will show it as full bars, and so on etc..

Best way i have found, and still to this day works, put the battery inside a zipbag or sandwich bag, and place in a freezer for no more than 4 hours. This will erase the memory on the battery, and hence act like a new one.

Similar to the old floppy disk and speaker trick.

Flava Sava
02-01-2005, 04:20 PM
In answer to the battery loosing charge, this is a very common problem with nokia batteries, and othe mobiles alike, whereby the battery has its own memory, and if you do not fully discharge the battery before recharging, ie you charge it when it still has two bars, the battery thinks that two bars is its max capacity, and only charges it to that cap, but will show it as full bars, and so on etc..

Best way i have found, and still to this day works, put the battery inside a zipbag or sandwich bag, and place in a freezer for no more than 4 hours. This will erase the memory on the battery, and hence act like a new one.

Similar to the old floppy disk and speaker trick.

Thanks man - thts a really good trick - who thought batteries could have memory :lol:

Flava Sava
16-01-2005, 07:18 PM
that trick didnt work...... i bought a new battery still dint work..... sum1 help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chunkhead
22-01-2005, 08:08 AM
The above method is true and does work... if you have a bad battery! Sadly in your case it's much worse! The "Problem 3" issue spells a bad PA, this is not easily fixed as it normally has to be replaced! If you fancy yourseld as a bit of an electronics wiz, do a search on how to repair it! Otherwise forget it, the phone is stuffed, and as the 8210 is now yesterday technology, I'd suggest an upgrade! As for the other two problems, I'd say they are probably related! I might suggest my Water damage method found in the FAQ (Link below), This has been known to cure many a problem! Worth a try!

Flava Sava
23-01-2005, 09:53 AM
i fixed this - turns out it was the mic and screen - they seemed to be using more battery than required for some reason. any way thats done and dusted. but now i have a 8210 which i am going to use on vodafone. i insert the sim and the phone has reception for about a minuite before going to 0 and losing network completely. any suggestion to what this problem might be and how to fix it?