PDA

View Full Version : startuptonechanger.nrx

courtjester199
04-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi!

I played around with NokiX a little bit...
With this script you can easily change your startup/shutdown tone.
I know there are progs that can already accomplish this, but this is (hopefully) this first NokiX script :P
...It's nothing big, but I had to start from scratch :wink:

mestrini
04-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Good job m8 :smile: new script writers are always welcome and sometimes i get new ideas from newbies' scripts also :razz:

btw, been looking at your script and i think that u could use a nokix feature to make it easier. Instead of using a description file with just one hex code line you could use the parameters box and have modders paste the code there ;)

The description file is usefull if you want to get different types of values.

If u need help then just shout :grin:

cheers

courtjester199
04-01-2005, 02:02 PM
SHOUT ;-)

I need some help with using the parameters box. No idea how to do that.

mestrini
04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
easy m8 :-D

to start, nokix calls "arguments" to the data typed in the parameters box. So, instead of parsing file you parse arguments ;)

next you can get rid of all the first part of your script because it's there to read the description file. :-P

so instead of line you can call new_code or hex_code to the typed values (ex: new_code=arguments).
Then you must check if the code has only hex values or you'll get wrong patching (ex: if datatype(new_code,"x")~=1 then do.... here goes the error message and the exit 1)

Well, that's pretty much it but if you wanna get more ideas, just look at the script i'll release shortly called XOR_IMEI.nrx

cheers

courtjester199
04-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Thx m8!!!!!!!

first post edited