PDA

View Full Version : I've got the tomtom mobile v4.43. How do I install it on my 6630?

stue
14-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Please help me. There are two .app files, one .chk file and one .aif file.

1, How do I install this on my phone.

2, What kind of maps can i download ( tomom pda, tomtom go etc), and where do i install them?

Thanks for helping a dummy!! :)

coolice00
14-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey,

Personally I wouldn't even try yet mate, the 6630 you have either came with a 64mb DV RS MMC (god what a mouthfull!) or a pityful 32mb one.
Both of which will not be big enough to store the nice maps, for instance the UK one is 100mb in size which is no way gonna fit on there!

There is a group of us around the regular forums waiting on the larger DV RS MMC's so we can have out SatNav again, we just gotta wait.

But, in answer to your question these are the instructions I have :

Install info:

1) Transfer all the folder to the root
on your MMC.
2) Restart your phone, and run the APP.
3) This release support all the PPC Maps!
Use "eMule" for download all the
european maps, search for "TomTom Navigator".
Put your map in the root of your MMC and
rename the dir in "xxxxx-map", like
"Italia-map", "Iberia-map"...
4) If you want to save space in your MMC
just delete the unneeded language (speek) in
the "TomTom" directory (see .VIF file for this)

And this is another :

iNSTaLL iNFo:

1) Transfer the folder 2577 to the root on your MMC.

2) Transfer the folder TomTom to the root on your MMC.

3) Transfer the folder TTMOBILE to: the folder /system/apps/ on your MMC

3) Restart your phone, and run the APP

Hope this helps,

Ian

stue
14-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks mate, brilliant!

I managed to install it by following the second instruction.

Do you know if both instructions are valid?? Because when I try to start the application, I get the message: no maps.

So do you think I can install the ppc maps as instructed in the first installation guide??

Thanks again for your help.

And now my free memory space i 3mb ( i have e 64mb card)...

coolice00
14-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey,

Your welcome, glad to help.

With the PPC maps I am not sure, I have read comflicting stories. Some say the PPC maps work, others say they do not. Without having them to try I cannot say.

Best option is to give it a go and see what happens.
Also let us know if you do.

Ian

hutch23
07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey,

Your welcome, glad to help.

With the PPC maps I am not sure, I have read comflicting stories. Some say the PPC maps work, others say they do not. Without having them to try I cannot say.

Best option is to give it a go and see what happens.
Also let us know if you do.

Ian

hi guys ,just reading your thread about ttm. and would like to say that i used the tomtom go/ppc map great britain (101 mb) and it worked fine. just enuff space on a 128mb mmc (20 quid currys/pcworld) card in my nokia 6600

coolice00
08-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey,

That's good to know about the TomTom GO maps as I am sure they will be more up to date than the original map.

Ian

jayd
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I know its the wrong forum, but can anyone help me with installing the app to a SPV C500, I keep getting the message no maps , I'm trying the GB Map. It works fine on my 6630 any ideas as to what im doing wrong.