PDA

View Full Version : 6310i faulty display

geeza
14-01-2005, 02:55 PM
hi. can anyone help me i have a 6310i which shows no display on the screen it just lights up blue but i have tested the screen on another phone and it work perfectly. i have also tried a software upgrade but it is still the the same . any help would be great . thanks

kiranrss
14-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey man

Try cleaning the Contacts on the Board.. i guess thats the most basic thing to do

also this Question i think was previously asked on this forum.. so jus do a search

Kiran

geeza
19-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey man

Try cleaning the Contacts on the Board.. i guess thats the most basic thing to do

also this Question i think was previously asked on this forum.. so jus do a search

Kiran

hi, i have tried that aswell still no luck any other ideas ??? i have searched the forum but get no results :( . thanks

mvillara
21-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I've seen your problem and well, I would like you to test some points in a pair of contacts to see if the signal is ok. As I can deduce, the display LCD is alright and your fail is purely hardware. Due to I have not got a graphical scheme that show the place of components and their respective names , I will mention what components you sould test in the case someone coulkd supply it to you. Test la voltage in the next Condensators:

1.- Condensator C303. Here 1,8V.
2.- Condensator C304 y C302. Here 2,8V.

In the case that the signals are alright, that means that signals coming from UPP fail and surely this IC is broken.

If you could get Wintesla, you could test the state of the LCD without the above steps.

Regards.

jnf
23-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I've seen your problem and well, I would like you to test some points in a pair of contacts to see if the signal is ok. As I can deduce, the display LCD is alright and your fail is purely hardware. Due to I have not got a graphical scheme that show the place of components and their respective names , I will mention what components you sould test in the case someone coulkd supply it to you. Test la voltage in the next Condensators:

1.- Condensator C303. Here 1,8V.
2.- Condensator C304 y C302. Here 2,8V.

In the case that the signals are alright, that means that signals coming from UPP fail and surely this IC is broken.

If you could get Wintesla, you could test the state of the LCD without the above steps.

Regards.

Thanks mvillara, i have the same problem. Do you have modified battery so you can measure at the same time when power connected?

mvillara
23-01-2005, 08:01 PM
You need to connect a Power Supply with specials cables directly to the phone board connectors.