PDA

View Full Version : unlock software for motorola v180 v220 c650 v80

Pages : [1] 2

megrine
15-01-2005, 02:35 AM
this software has been tested by me and many others so please before you make any comments, test it than talk
if you are worried that something might happens to your phone,do not use it
this software will unlock the phones listed above ,there's a possibility that it will not unlock some of the v80s
it will not unlock v300 v600 v525..
you need: usb cable, p2k, phone and a pc plus the software
after you unzip or unrar and install everything,
put your phone in flash mode. (phone is powerd off)push *+#+red key..
connect your phone to the pc.....and voila it's unlocked
ps: this software might not support all phones, if it happens you might need to downgrade your phone...
for p2k download click on the attachement
regards and many thanks to the creator of this software

skewedhalo
23-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi. This sounds great and I would like to try it, but I need more instructions. Where should the .RAR file be installed? Which is the 'red key' on a V220. None are red! Is it correct that the P2K software just needs to be running and that I don't have to do anything with it? Also, I haven't 'installed' the phone on my PC. Is this a problem? :???:

Yours confused,
Skewedhalo

nacster
24-01-2005, 07:39 PM
thx 4 the info but PLZ be more specific...an indepth instruction would be helpfull....need more infoooo ;) thx in advance

megrine
26-01-2005, 02:14 PM
first : install the driver for the phone (p2k), make sure your phone is reconnized by the pc
this is how : Installation is as simple as unzipping the archive and running p2kman.exe. Have your phone plugged in to the USB cable and the USB cable plugged in to your computer. When you first run P2Kman, a bunch of drivers will install:
Motorola USB Device: Accessories Interface
Motorola USB Device: Communications Class - Communications Interface
Motorola USB Device: Communications Class - Data Interface
Motorola USB Device: Data Logging DSP Interface
Motorola USB Device: Data Logging MCU Interface
Motorola USB Device: Test Command Interface
Sound, video and game Controllers: USB Audio Device
If Windows can't find the driver , you'll need to point it to the directory where you unzipped P2Kman. There should be a subdirectory called 'drv' in there. That's where the driver for all these devices is. It's called p2k.sys.

If you get the Completing Found New Hardware Wizard a bunch of times, that's good.

To verify everything's installed, double check that everything is in your device manager. Right Click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.

When P2Kman says 'Connected' (bottom left of the status bar) and you can get a file listing (click "Update list"), you're in business. You may have to restart P2Kman. (this information about installimg p2kman is from howard forums)

2nd : unzip the unlock software in a folder of your choice and run it
3rd :put the phone in flash mode : * + # + power button, all at the same
time
4th :connect phone to the pc and unlock your phone, this message will appear: RFone found :-)
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming
Done :-)
your phone will turn off....
if you need more help, i'll be arround

skewedhalo
26-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Well I did everything you said, got the delightful message as stated, but when I put the new SIM card in it still asks me for the subsidy pass.

How do I know if my phone is actually in flash mode? It didn't do anything when I pressed the required keys.

Thanks,
Sharon

Deluge726
26-01-2005, 11:35 PM
I have all the things necessary to perform the unlocking, except the software... I can't seem to find any software to unlock my v300... Can you possibly help me out, I've been looking for about four months now and I'm about to give up... Could send me a link to a program download? Or possible even the right program for unlocking? I would thank you a thousand times....

Thank you in advance,
Shawn
[email protected]

Above is my email, if you so choose to send any unlocking stuff.
:???:

first : install the driver for the phone (p2k), make sure your phone is reconnized by the pc
this is how : Installation is as simple as unzipping the archive and running p2kman.exe. Have your phone plugged in to the USB cable and the USB cable plugged in to your computer. When you first run P2Kman, a bunch of drivers will install:
If Windows can't find the driver , you'll need to point it to the directory where you unzipped P2Kman. There should be a subdirectory called 'drv' in there. That's where the driver for all these devices is. It's called p2k.sys.

If you get the Completing Found New Hardware Wizard a bunch of times, that's good.

To verify everything's installed, double check that everything is in your device manager. Right Click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.

When P2Kman says 'Connected' (bottom left of the status bar) and you can get a file listing (click "Update list"), you're in business. You may have to restart P2Kman. (this information about installimg p2kman is from howard forums)

time
4th :connect phone to the pc and unlock your phone, this message will appear: RFone found :-)

megrine
27-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Well I did everything you said, got the delightful message as stated, but when I put the new SIM card in it still asks me for the subsidy pass.

How do I know if my phone is actually in flash mode? It didn't do anything when I pressed the required keys.

Thanks,
Sharon
the phone has to be in flash mode,or it will not be unlocked
push *, # and the power button at the same time for about a second or two and let go (you might need to try it couple of times)
you will see on the screen:
boot loader
07.B0
SW VERSION
R364....FR
BATTERY OK
OK TO PROGRAM
CONNECT USB DATA CABLE

megrine
27-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I have all the things necessary to perform the unlocking, except the software... I can't seem to find any software to unlock my v300... Can you possibly help me out, I've been looking for about four months now and I'm about to give up... Could send me a link to a program download? Or possible even the right program for unlocking? I would thank you a thousand times....

Thank you in advance,
Shawn
[email protected]

Above is my email, if you so choose to send any unlocking stuff.
:???:
there is no free unlock software so far for the motorola Vxxx
the only way is the clip, you could get it for cheap off EBAY( about $68)
or if you are in pennsylvania (usa) i could do it for you for free
thank you

krokrouy
28-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I just unblocked a C650 succesful. The software work perfectly. Thank Megrine.

skewedhalo
29-01-2005, 06:34 PM
the phone has to be in flash mode,or it will not be unlocked
push *, # and the power button at the same time for about a second or two and let go (you might need to try it couple of times)
you will see on the screen:
boot loader
07.B0
SW VERSION
R364....FR
BATTERY OK
OK TO PROGRAM
CONNECT USB DATA CABLE

Success! My Virgin V220 is now successfully running on a T-Mobile network.
Thank you so much Megrine for all your help.

Sharon

M16
31-01-2005, 05:49 AM
can i use mobile phone tools with that software insted.

bluegrass88
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM

time

I have unlock two V220. No problem observed after 1 day I unlock them. Many thanks to you megrine! Kudos to you and keep up the good work!

fallingintoyou
02-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Hmm, im stuck :???:
lol, i tried everything said, but when i plugged the USB cable in, nothing happened, all it said was USB Transfer Mode and that was it and p2k said the phone wasn't connected? anyone know what i did wrong?
cheers

vipartha
03-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Hmm, im stuck :???:
lol, i tried everything said, but when i plugged the USB cable in, nothing happened, all it said was USB Transfer Mode and that was it and p2k said the phone wasn't connected? anyone know what i did wrong?
cheers

1. Before you start, unzip the P2kman.zip and extract to some directory.
2. Connect your phone to the USB port
3. Set the phone to flah mode
4. You will have to extract the .rar file Chfaken.rar - use one of the unzip softwares such as powerzip 7.0. to extract this file. Extract to some directory and run the application - Chfaken.exe
5. Once you start the application, it will find your phone and download all the drivers for you or, you can specify where to find the driver files (like mentioned in earlier updates)
6. When the repair window opens up, click on the connect RFON and it will unlock your phone

petrosg
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Does anyone have or know where I can get unlock software for Motorola V300/V500/V525 ect?

fallingintoyou
04-02-2005, 03:29 AM
4. You will have to extract the .rar file Chfaken.rar - use one of the unzip softwares such as powerzip 7.0. to extract this file. Extract to some directory and run the application - Chfaken.exe
5. Once you start the application, it will find your phone and download all the drivers for you or, you can specify where to find the driver files (like mentioned in earlier updates)
6. When the repair window opens up, click on the connect RFON and it will unlock your phone

what's chfaken.exe? and where do i get it from? thanks

metaxin
04-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi. I'm new here and was referred here from howardforums.com. I tried the software and everything that was described would happen, happened. Now, how do I test if the phone is really unlocked? Put another sim card in? Cause I put my old AT&T sim in and it just said "unregistered sim." It didn't ask for a subsidy passcode, but my At&t sim didn't work on it. Maybe it was deactivated since I have switched to cingular or maybe it's casue At&t and cingular are one now. I guess I need to ask my friend on t-mobile to let me try out his sim card in my phone to see...

soundsofmusic
04-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Where do I get the USB cable for the phone? Also, does this software work with Samsung and Nokia phones?

Thanks

deltafan
04-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks For The Help My Motorola V220 is successfully unlocked

I now have it working on virgin mobile when it wos originally on orange

:D

megrine
04-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi. I'm new here and was referred here from howardforums.com. I tried the software and everything that was described would happen, happened. Now, how do I test if the phone is really unlocked? Put another sim card in? Cause I put my old AT&T sim in and it just said "unregistered sim." It didn't ask for a subsidy passcode, but my At&t sim didn't work on it. Maybe it was deactivated since I have switched to cingular or maybe it's casue At&t and cingular are one now. I guess I need to ask my friend on t-mobile to let me try out his sim card in my phone to see...
@METAXIN
i was the one who reffered you here :D ....
CONGRATILATIONS your phone is UNLOCKED

megrine
04-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Where do I get the USB cable for the phone? Also, does this software work with Samsung and Nokia phones?

Thanks

You could get one off ebay (it's cheap), this software will work with the motorola phones listed above only
if you need unlock software for samsung and nokia.... there are many here, just do some search....if you cant find i'll be arround
regards

megrine
04-02-2005, 03:40 PM
what's chfaken.exe? and where do i get it from? thanks
chfaken.exe is the software that will unlock your phone, i have included an attachement first post in this thread, get it from there

padiel
05-02-2005, 05:27 AM
this software has been tested by me and many others so please before you make any comments, test it than talk
this software will unlock the phones listed above ,there's a possibility that it will not unlock some of the v80s
ps: this software might not support all phones, if it happens you might need to downgrade your phone...
for p2k download http://anton.tbg.ru/files/p2kman.zip ]

Hi,

I have followed all the steps, got the nice Suckesfull message but still, my phone is unlocked.
I have discovered that maybe I have an ealier version! Can it be the problem?
When I start my phone on flash mode I get this:
Boot Loader
07.BO
SW Version:
R365_G_0B.D2.2
8R

Battery OK
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

So after connecting this, i apply the flash but still!
P2K is working perfectly. Can see all the files of my phone.
Help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssseeeeeeee!!!!
What should I do?
Thanks

metaxin
05-02-2005, 06:44 AM
@METAXIN
i was the one who reffered you here :D ....
CONGRATILATIONS your phone is UNLOCKED

Thanks for the great software megrine! Yes, my phone is unlocked now. I tried out my friend's t-mobile sim and it worked. When I called using the t-mobile sim, the call shows up on the caller id as his phone instead of mine.
Will he get billed for the call if I use his sim, even though the call came from my phone?

I now have some questions about how an unlocked phone can benefit me....What are the advantages of an unlocked phone besides using it in other countries and a higher resale value? A sim has to be registered before it can be used, right?

Many thanks to megrine for providing this software!

RenayNJ
05-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I have followed all the steps, got the nice Suckesfull message but still, my phone is unlocked.
Boot Loader
07.BO
SW Version:
R365_G_0B.D2.2
8R

Battery OK
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

What should I do?
Thanks

I finally, may be able to contribute something to this forum, hello everyone.
I have a little input as I had a few problems with this method of the RAR file installation. The RAR file that the MEGRINE, THE original poster of this method had attached to his note, that RAR file has to be unzipped. When I clicked it (the RAR file) it did not unzipped/uncompress automatically for me....so I went to download-dot.com and found PowerZip 7.03 vers......install that to my computer and when I ran PowerZip I simply pointed to where I had the RAR file stored on my computer. When the file started to unzip....chfaken.RAR it uncompressed a file called chfaken.EXE. I was like, okay??? I ran that file...and like magic..a box popped up.........at first I was like......okay?? But when I looked closer....it said RFone found.....Connected SUCKessfully....and then there was an option for me to Connect CRFON to crew's d...k but I think that part was just for fun, cause my phone shut off........when I powered back on......phone was successfully........guess what....UNLOCK. Thanks so much Megrine !!!!

Note - I had the P2K Phone mgr running all the while.....and the phone was in flash mode, waiting.....when I did this..........

Also too, I had problems with the flash mode thingy....but mine didn't work that way....I had to have the phone turned off ........
THEN Press, the * # and Power ON....button.....I misunderstood, the order or something....same button, but I just didn't understand that I was powering on the phone from OFF. nOT powering OFF to ON!! Hope this is clear to those who may have been confused as well. I took me 3 hours to get it...duh?!!

Thanks again Megrine.....and thanks for this forum..... 8-)

RenayNJ
05-02-2005, 07:22 PM
By the way, I am using a Motorola C650.........and I can't wait to apply some of the seem edits..........

I'm feeling really proud with all your help...Thanks to you all my daughter thinks her mommy is a guru for unlocking both of our phones..........
And I feel so giddy !!!

-Signed one Proud, "SuperMom"......aka RenayNJ....
I'm nothing without all of you.......Thank you. :-D

padiel
05-02-2005, 08:18 PM
I finally, may be able to contribute something to this forum, hello everyone.
I have a little input as I had a few problems with this method of the RAR file installation. The RAR file that the MEGRINE, THE original poster of this method had attached to his note, that RAR file has to be unzipped. When I clicked it (the RAR file) it did not unzipped/uncompress automatically for me....so I went to download-dot.com and found PowerZip 7.03 vers......install that to my computer and when I ran PowerZip I simply pointed to where I had the RAR file stored on my computer. When the file started to unzip....chfaken.RAR it uncompressed a file called chfaken.EXE. I was like, okay??? I ran that file...and like magic..a box popped up.........at first I was like......okay?? But when I looked closer....it said RFone found.....Connected SUCKessfully....and then there was an option for me to Connect CRFON to crew's d...k but I think that part was just for fun, cause my phone shut off........when I powered back on......phone was successfully........guess what....UNLOCK. Thanks so much Megrine !!!!

Note - I had the P2K Phone mgr running all the while.....and the phone was in flash mode, waiting.....when I did this..........

Also too, I had problems with the flash mode thingy....but mine didn't work that way....I had to have the phone turned off ........
THEN Press, the * # and Power ON....button.....I misunderstood, the order or something....same button, but I just didn't understand that I was powering on the phone from OFF. nOT powering OFF to ON!! Hope this is clear to those who may have been confused as well. I took me 3 hours to get it...duh?!!

Thanks again Megrine.....and thanks for this forum..... 8-)

Hey RenayNJ,

What is your firmware version?
Ive done everything, I did not make the same mistakes than you but still dont get it.
Is there anyone out here to helps me?
Thanks!
Padiel

bazaa
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
I Have Just Succesfully Unlocked My Moto C385

I Have P2k Installed But Not Running I Assume The Chfaken Software
Used The Already Loaded P2k Drivers .
Have The C385 Turned Off & Connected To The Usb Cable.
Hold Down The * And The # Keys Whilst Turning On The Phone It
Will Then Be In Bootloader/flash Mode.
Run The Chfaken Software
This Works.
Thanks To All Who Have Supplied This Great Software And Info.

petrosg
06-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Does anyone have or know where I can get unlock software for Motorola V300/V500/V525 ect?

Anyone? :???:

megrine
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Anyone? :???:
soory to inform you that there is no free unlock software for the motorola vXXX series (as i know of)
if you have more than one phone to unlock, you could buy a motorola clip for the vXXX for about $65 and after you are done with it you could resell it for the same price
if you have only one phone to unlock, you could buy a remote unlock code....

if you are in pennsylvania, usa i 'll do it free for you
i'll be arround

megrine
06-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Boot Loader
07.BO
SW Version:
R365_G_0B.D2.2
8R

Battery OK
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

What should I do?
Thanks

did you get this message from the software?

RFone found
Done

padiel
07-02-2005, 01:40 AM

RFone found
Done

Yeah I did!
But still, it is not working!
When I introduce a new card it now says contact service provider
Help!

fallingintoyou
10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
yey! finally got it to work :p
thanks all!!

mutsnuts
10-02-2005, 06:21 PM
i installed the drivers
but the p2k software does not connect the phone
any ideas?

Concept9580
10-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm having problems getting the phone detected when its in "flash mode"

When the phone is turned on at the "insert sim" screen pkman will detect the phone and display the files. When I power down the phone - it stops finding it. Then when I power back up in flash mode it still doesn't find the phone.

If I put the phone in flash mode - THEN connect the USB cable it still won't find the phone until I power cycle and come up normally.

I have an OEM mini-USB cable from Motorola, winXP sp2

Any ideas why the phone won't detect in flash mode?

Concept9580
10-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Update. Almost as soon as I posted I went back and was playing with it somemore. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior, but even though p2kman won't detect the phone in flash mode Chfaken could still unlock the phone.

So I have another success story for you - v220 for Cingular using a T-Mobile SIM.

Flex: GSIV220CIN03NA0B7
s/w: R364_G_0B.D1.1BR

thanks!

padiel
11-02-2005, 06:11 AM

RFone found
Done

Just a question:
Do I have to use a motorola OEM mini USB cable?
I am using a Sony OEM mini usb cable...I guess there is not differences.
Is there any specificity with the motorola?

archieandrews
11-02-2005, 10:52 AM
just unlocked motorola c650.... thanks....!!! ;-)

megrine
11-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Just a question:
Do I have to use a motorola OEM mini USB cable?
I am using a Sony OEM mini usb cable...I guess there is not differences.
Is there any specificity with the motorola?
i have used a sony cable (from my mp3 player) to unlock and it works with no problems

preetkhunkhun
15-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this unlocked my e398 from t-mobile.
now i am using o2 and orange

:cool: :eek:

srush001
18-02-2005, 04:18 PM
thanks, I was able to unlock my V180

ookwap
20-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Hi there
I was wondering if there is any specific data cable I should use to unlock my V220?
Can I use the one in the Motorola Mobile Tool box, the one that Motorola makes?
Or I should get an oem cable.
Thanks

Artbran
20-02-2005, 08:27 AM
I have unlocked 2 v220's and a v180, all belonging to my family. I tried a sim card from tmobile and it worked in all 3! Thanks Much! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

tbm
20-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah I did!
But still, it is not working!
When I introduce a new card it now says contact service provider
Help!

I have the same problem here with a c385.
All looks like it is done. But it still asks for the subsidy pass :???:

skas_2002
21-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, I ve tried like 20 different phones c650, v220, c550, c450 it unlocked ONE c550

loubie
22-02-2005, 05:47 AM
I'm planing to get a Tri-band (850, 1800,1900) V180 or V220 from Cingular. I know the phone is made by Motorola as Quad-band capable (850,900,1800,1900). Does anybody know whether the unlocking procedure described by Megrine will unlock the fourth band locked out by Cingular?

megrine
22-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm planing to get a Tri-band (850, 1800,1900) V180 or V220 from Cingular. I know the phone is made by Motorola as Quad-band capable (850,900,1800,1900). Does anybody know whether the unlocking procedure described by Megrine will unlock the fourth band locked out by Cingular?
the v180 is 900/1800/1900mhz not 850.. mhz
your phones is already unlocked from cingular, if you need the 850mhz on the v180 , i think it's a hardware
the software listed will not do nothing for you
regards

mfcj
22-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I Have Just Succesfully Unlocked My Moto C385

I Have P2k Installed But Not Running I Assume The Chfaken Software
Used The Already Loaded P2k Drivers .
Have The C385 Turned Off & Connected To The Usb Cable.
Hold Down The * And The # Keys Whilst Turning On The Phone It
Will Then Be In Bootloader/flash Mode.
Run The Chfaken Software
This Works.
Thanks To All Who Have Supplied This Great Software And Info.

For those who are successful with this, can you please post your software version. I have followed the directions to a T, but still no luck. Any help will be appreiciated. Also, for those who are successful, were you succesful on the first attempt, or you have to keep trying to get it unlocked?

dondon
22-02-2005, 06:18 PM
I tried it on my v180 from ATTWS, and it looks like it worked, but I don't have access to another carrier's SIM card right now to test it.

Is there any other way to check the state of the service provider locks? My Sony phone has a service menu that shows you whether the phone is unlocked or not. Is there some similar secret menu on the Moto v180?

DJHaington666
22-02-2005, 09:48 PM
I have a V180 from Cingular, and I got it like In Nov. and I have the right cable, and I did everything with the *+#+Power and it went into flash mode. Then I clicked the software, and it says its successful. Then I power it on and it dosnt work! It says SIM Blocked, Enter Password which is 8 dig. Then it says enter new password and then comfirm it, and after conferming it, it says wrong passcode. Please Help me.

Undying
22-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Didnt work for my V220. Hmm...

In p2kman it says USB: IO FAILED.

What am i doing wrong?

djirda
22-02-2005, 11:01 PM
PADIEL did you fixed your problem ?????
I have V220 with same firmware as yours and after i read your post i am afraid to try to unlock this way.

IS THERE ANY FREE FLASHER FOR MOTOROLA V220 SO I COULD SAVE BACKUP OF MY PHONE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG ??????

djirda
22-02-2005, 11:13 PM
PADIEL THIS IS SOLUTION FOR YOU
Try this : Do the whole procedure again but THIS TIME CHARGE BATERY TO BE FULL AND LEAVE THE CHARGER PLUGED IN DURING THE PROCEDURE:
I REPEAT CHARGER HAVE TO BE CONECTED DURING THE PROCEDURE.

Your phone is destroyed at the moment and i am 80% sure this will help.

PLEASE POST RESULT
PLEASE POST RESULT
PLEASE POST RESULT

DJHaington666
22-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Well, I called Cingular Wireless and they gave me a PUK code, and so I put it in, and now its saying "SIM Disabled" GREAT. So Im tried the software again, Didn't do nottin, again I have a V180. So I have to go up and pay $25 to get a new sim card. WOW

gerrylian
23-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks Megrine,
Maybe my sequence is wrong. It still doesn't work for my Motorola V220
1. Install p2kman and all it's interface. I can get the update list and it looks fine.

2. Power off my phone and then went to flash mode(Press * # power at same time)
Remark: I discovered that when phone in flash mode, P2k Phone file manager it show "not connected". It looks like it cannot detect the phone when phone is in flash mode.
Here is my flash mode screen:
Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R364_G_0B.D1.32R

Battery OK
OK to Program
USB
Transfer Mode <--I didn't see "CONNECT USB DATA CABLE" instead it showed "Transfer Mode"

3. start chfaken.exe then press button "CONNECT RFON to CREW'S DICK"
Press "YES" in "Confirmation Required". then it showed message as you said.
RFone found
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming: D
Done

4. I discovered that in P2K phone file manager show some error message.
USB: IO Failed

5. After I power on phone again, it still request "Enter Subsidy Pass"
Remark: I got this Motorola V220 from Cingular with Cingular SIM card.
I tested unlock with AT&T wireless SIM card.

cyberduc748
23-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Got my V180 unlocked on the first try. P2kman status never showed that my phone was connected. I went ahead with Chfaken, it recognized the phone with no problems.

Background info:
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Cingular locked V180
- Generic mini USB cable.

Before unlocking it was asking for "Enter Subsidy Pass" with the AT&T Sim. Now it doesn't....all is good.

Thanks megrine and everyone.....

gerrylian
23-02-2005, 08:42 PM
1. Install p2kman and all it's interface. I can get the update list and it looks fine.

2. Power off my phone and then went to flash mode(Press * # power at same time)
Remark: I discovered that when phone in flash mode, P2k Phone file manager it show "not connected". It looks like it cannot detect the phone when phone is in flash mode.
Here is my flash mode screen:
Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R364_G_0B.D1.32R

Battery OK
OK to Program
USB
Transfer Mode <--I didn't see "CONNECT USB DATA CABLE" instead it showed "Transfer Mode"

3. start chfaken.exe then press button "CONNECT RFON to CREW'S DICK"
Press "YES" in "Confirmation Required". then it showed message as you said.
RFone found
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming: D
Done

4. I discovered that in P2K phone file manager show some error message.

5. After I power on phone again, it still request "Enter Subsidy Pass"
Remark: I got this Motorola V220 from Cingular with Cingular SIM card.
I tested unlock with AT&T wireless SIM card.

shortkud
25-02-2005, 04:30 AM
worked great!

i also got that IO error but it still worked

I noticed DO NOT use the charger plugged in while in that flash mode.That or have it plugged in before you enter that mode.

gerrylian
25-02-2005, 07:44 AM
worked great!

i also got that IO error but it still worked

I noticed DO NOT use the charger plugged in while in that flash mode.That or have it plugged in before you enter that mode.

Did you use other Vendor SIM card to test it?
Mine it looks sucessful but when I tested it with other SIM Card, V220 request me to enter "Subsidy pass". That means it didn't work. :???:
What do you mean by "I noticed DO NOT use the charger plugged in while in that flash mode.That or have it plugged in before you enter that mode"

Did you mean that I should have my charger plug in to the phone before enter into flash mode?

Thanks,

orencia_da
25-02-2005, 08:09 AM
i have downloaded the software posted on your thread, i have it unzip and i have installed it to my pc. i used usb connected to port and to the phone and i have tried to unlock the phone but nothing happens. it says rfone not found. need help

thanks and regards

orencia_da

megrine
25-02-2005, 09:19 PM
i have downloaded the software posted on your thread, i have it unzip and i have installed it to my pc. i used usb connected to port and to the phone and i have tried to unlock the phone but nothing happens. it says rfone not found. need help

thanks and regards

orencia_da
your phone is not connected....
follow these steps :
-go to where you have download p2kman
-right click with your mouse on it (p2k..)
- click extract files (it will open a new window)
-choose where to extract it (the easy way for you : click twice on my documents, click my pictures and save it there by clicking ok)(YOU MIGHT CHOOSE A DIFFERENT FORLDER, IT'S UP TO YOU)
-power on your phone (normal)
- connect your phone to your pc
-found a new add hardware wizard will appear (if not go to control panel, add hardwre)
- you have two options : 1-install software automatically..
2-install from specific location.. (click this one then next)
- click search for the best driver in these locations
- click include this location in the search
- click browse , click my documents, my pictures, p2kman and click ok
-PS : YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DO THE INSTALLATION COUPLE OF TIMES (4),WHENEVER FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD WILL APPEAR, UNTIL IT SAYS IT'S CONNECTED............

LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

dondon
25-02-2005, 11:22 PM
I tried it on my v180 from ATTWS, and it looks like it worked, but I don't have access to another carrier's SIM card right now to test it.

Is there any other way to check the state of the service provider locks? My Sony phone has a service menu that shows you whether the phone is unlocked or not. Is there some similar secret menu on the Moto v180?

Just verified that it worked for my v180, originally locked to ATTWS, tested with a TMobile SIM. Thanks for the awesome software!

I am still wondering if there is a service menu or something that tells you the state of the SIM/service locks for these Motorola phones. Any help?

Tenbaset
27-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey guys I have tried this software with a Motorola v500 because I did not see it in the 'Does not work' or 'Does work' list so I thought I would give it a go. Everything seems to go fine, pk2man finds the phone I am able to browse through the files, I have installed all the drivers and even the Chfaken.exe seems to do what it is supposed to as it says that the operation has been successful. However, as I reasonably expected to happen it does not seem to have unlocked the phone and is still asking for a subsidary code.

What I would like to know is, is it possible for me to downgrade the software of the phone to a v200 or another model that the software works with then upgrade it back to a v500 and still have the phone unlocked after I have done it. Either way, could someone please tell me of somewhere that I can get the software for different models of motorola and how I can install it.
Thnx very much, and however it goes this is a nice little piece of softare.

Graham

titonel
27-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi guys

I've got a V220 locked to Vodafone Portugal and tried 3 versions of this smart unlocker. All of them seemed to work fine but unfortunately none have worked with my V220.

It seems that I've got the same software version of PADIEL.
My V220 displays:

Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R365_G_0B.D2.2
3R

Battery OK
OK to Program
USB
Transfer Mode

I've got an original Motorola Mini-USB cable. I would like to know from the people who had successfully unlocked their mobiles which software version their phones are using, so I may try a upgrade/downgrade before another attempt to unlock mine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gerrylian
28-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Here is mine. I cannot unlock mine too.
Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R364_G_0B.D1.32R

Battery OK
OK to Program
USB
Transfer Mode
At begining, I suspect that my mini USB cable having problem becuase it's not Motorola Original USB cable. I use Mini USB cable from my Sony Digital Cameria. Besides my Motorola Phone tool have hardtime to detect my V220.
However, P2Kman can detect my V220 and get a update list from my phone with my current USB cable..

Yesterday I brought my V220 to the dealer and let them unlock it for me.

So I really don't know what's going on?

jinx6023
28-02-2005, 06:45 PM
this worked great!!! unlocked my v220!!! it isnt easy but it is worth the couple min of agrivation :razz:

multiflex
28-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Followed all the instructions to unlock my Moto v220, unfortunaly my phone won't work with my any other SIM cards.
Seems to be the same problem padiel and some others had.
When I insert the SIM card from my other provider, it says "Contact Service Provider".

Suppose the folks might be right when they're claiming there are none free unlockers for this phone.. :???:

chpkat
28-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Thank you very much , you are the best and it worked perfect. Thanks again !

pinguisher
01-03-2005, 08:32 PM
top stuff...worked me on my brand new v220 first time..
you have to be in flash mode...and give the prog chance to connect (took a good 20 seconds to make connection).

FWIW
boot loader
07.B0
SW Version:
r364_G_0B.D1.09R

CyberMonkey
01-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Worked on my mrs brand new c385 :)

titonel
02-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Folks,

Does anyone know how to make a backup of my current flex ? I want to make a backup of my R365 flex files before doing a downgrade to one of R364 flex series I've got recently (R364_G_0B.D1.09R).

If someone could give some hint about it, that'd be very appreciated.

titonel
03-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Padiel and other folks,

I managed to unlock my Motorola V220 with R365 software and so decided to write a little step-by-step showing all difficulties I had to downgrade my V220 and unlock it. I hope this may clear 99% of the problems people are experiencing.

Starting: I have a Motorola V220 bought at Vodafone PT (268-001) with software version R365_G_0B.D2.23R. After extensive testing and reading, I observed that no free unlocker could do the job for my phone (and other V220 R365 phones too) so I decided to downgrade the software to a version that is known to be able to be unlocked.

I downloaded the R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_02_02_52R_GSIV220T672AE0A6_1FF.zip, R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_B_LP0003_DRM0001_GMIV180001AA0B7_image.rar and R364_G_0B.D1.09R_LP002E_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_06_00_45R_SE8509AXXU1098_1FF_reflash.rar packages. At first I tried to use the R364_G_0B.D1.09R_LP002E file, but after flashing the phone won't boot up normally: instead, the phone only booted to the flash screen. Later I reflashed with the R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_B_LP0003, this time the phone booted normally but in complex chinese! (shame on me, that I didn't check out the Language Pack 0003 in this file :P). Finally I flashed with the R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016 file and right after flashing I unlocked with the unlocker.

So, here is the step-by-step to downgrade and unlock a Motorola V220 R365 phone:

List of softwares that I used:
Motorola PST 6.9.2 with patch to 6.7 installed
Motokit suite
R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_02_02_52R_GSIV220T672AE0A6_1FF.zip (contains the flash file in the 0016 language pack)

1. Download the Motorola PST 6.7 or newer (I use 6.9.2), and the PST 6.7 patch too (even if your version is newer than 6.7). Install PST (by default installation will occur in \Program Files\Motorola\PST folder). The patch must be installed in the same folder as the PST, overwriting any files the system asks to.

2. Go to the folder where PST is installed and run MultiFlashFlex.exe (i will call it MFF from now on)

-> Installing the patch will stop the error messages that MFF displays when the patch is not present.

3. Once open, find in the MFF window the section Preferences. Make sure that the boxes 'Override existing phone software even if it is newer than the superfile software', 'Master Clear phones after flexing' and 'Master Reset phones after flexing' are marked and that the box 'Simultaneously power down all phones' is left unchecked.

4. In the section Flash Setup, check the box Enable Flash and point out to the flash file you have downloaded and unpacked previously. In the section Flex Setup leave the box unchecked and do not select any flex file in here.

5. You're ready to begin flasing. Cross your fingers and click Start. The process took me 3 minutes. After this the phone was restarted and boot up normally. Right before even entering the SIM code, I switched the phone off and then to the flash mode and used the unlocker. DONE! The phone was unlocked.

Notes:

A) This procedure was done to a Motorola V220 R365 phone. I cannot guarantee that this will work with phones with different softwares.
B) I cannot guarantee that this will work to a V180 phone, although there is a great chance that this works. Try at your own risk
C) If you decide to follow this procedude, make sure you are aware that you will lose some functions of your phone that are related to new versions of software, like the IM menu, saving SMS to the phone memory, SMS delivery notifications, Java App loader (if you enabled it before) and some Java Applications too. I solved almost all of this issued by editing a seem file (except the IM menu).
D) Also, make sure you backup your phone software by using Motokit Suite or other software that is capable of packing a flex from directly the phone.
E) This procedure can void your warranty and damage your phone irreparably so do it at your own risk

Best regards from Brazil.

terrorism
04-03-2005, 02:04 AM
chfaken work on A835?

megrine
04-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Padiel and other folks,

I managed to unlock my Motorola V220 with R365 software and so decided to write a little step-by-step showing all difficulties I had to downgrade my V220 and unlock it. I hope this may clear 99% of the problems people are experiencing.

Starting: I have a Motorola V220 bought at Vodafone PT (268-001) with software version R365_G_0B.D2.23R. After extensive testing and reading, I observed that no free unlocker could do the job for my phone (and other V220 R365 phones too) so I decided to downgrade the software to a version that is known to be able to be unlocked.

I downloaded the R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_02_02_52R_GSIV220T672AE0A6_1FF.zip, R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_B_LP0003_DRM0001_GMIV180001AA0B7_image.rar and R364_G_0B.D1.09R_LP002E_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_06_00_45R_SE8509AXXU1098_1FF_reflash.rar packages. At first I tried to use the R364_G_0B.D1.09R_LP002E file, but after flashing the phone won't boot up normally: instead, the phone only booted to the flash screen. Later I reflashed with the R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_B_LP0003, this time the phone booted normally but in complex chinese! (shame on me, that I didn't check out the Language Pack 0003 in this file :P). Finally I flashed with the R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016 file and right after flashing I unlocked with the unlocker.

So, here is the step-by-step to downgrade and unlock a Motorola V220 R365 phone:

List of softwares that I used:
Motorola PST 6.9.2 with patch to 6.7 installed
Motokit suite
R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_02_02_52R_GSIV220T672AE0A6_1FF.zip (contains the flash file in the 0016 language pack)

1. Download the Motorola PST 6.7 or newer (I use 6.9.2), and the PST 6.7 patch too (even if your version is newer than 6.7). Install PST (by default installation will occur in \Program Files\Motorola\PST folder). The patch must be installed in the same folder as the PST, overwriting any files the system asks to.

2. Go to the folder where PST is installed and run MultiFlashFlex.exe (i will call it MFF from now on)

-> Installing the patch will stop the error messages that MFF displays when the patch is not present.

3. Once open, find in the MFF window the section Preferences. Make sure that the boxes 'Override existing phone software even if it is newer than the superfile software', 'Master Clear phones after flexing' and 'Master Reset phones after flexing' are marked and that the box 'Simultaneously power down all phones' is left unchecked.

4. In the section Flash Setup, check the box Enable Flash and point out to the flash file you have downloaded and unpacked previously. In the section Flex Setup leave the box unchecked and do not select any flex file in here.

5. You're ready to begin flasing. Cross your fingers and click Start. The process took me 3 minutes. After this the phone was restarted and boot up normally. Right before even entering the SIM code, I switched the phone off and then to the flash mode and used the unlocker. DONE! The phone was unlocked.

Notes:

A) This procedure was done to a Motorola V220 R365 phone. I cannot guarantee that this will work with phones with different softwares.
B) I cannot guarantee that this will work to a V180 phone, although there is a great chance that this works. Try at your own risk
C) If you decide to follow this procedude, make sure you are aware that you will lose some functions of your phone that are related to new versions of software, like the IM menu, saving SMS to the phone memory, SMS delivery notifications, Java App loader (if you enabled it before) and some Java Applications too. I solved almost all of this issued by editing a seem file (except the IM menu).
D) Also, make sure you backup your phone software by using Motokit Suite or other software that is capable of packing a flex from directly the phone.
E) This procedure can void your warranty and damage your phone irreparably so do it at your own risk

Best regards from Brazil.

GREAT JOB, HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HELP MANY THAT WERE NOT LUCKY WITH THE SOFTWARE
PLEASE HELP EVERYONE TO GET THE FLASH FILES...TO GET THE WORK DONE
GOD BLESS

duraman
06-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Thanks, It works for me. :wink:

johnnylavah
06-03-2005, 03:29 AM
ive got a v180 with t-mobile and the unlocking program says it works, but it asks for a subsidy password. please help.

pingu12
06-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Where can i find Motorola PST 6.9.2 with patch to 6.7 installed
Motokit suite
R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_02_02_ 52R_GSIV220T672AE0A6_1FF.zip (contains the flash file in the 0016 language pack)?

megrine
06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Where can i find Motorola PST 6.9.2 with patch to 6.7 installed
Motokit suite
R364_G_0B.D1.1AR_LP0016_DRM0001_JPG_0B_V220_02_02_ 52R_GSIV220T672AE0A6_1FF.zip (contains the flash file in the 0016 language pack)?
go to www.gsm-free.com and download it from there (german language)

modenatwinturbo
07-03-2005, 06:25 AM
ok guys i am a big time newbie on cellfones.

this is my problem

i bought a c650 from t-mobile and i read that it plays mp3's, i'm like cool i like that. it has a 1.3 or 1.7 meg space available for media, that doesnt matter because i know how to make the mp3's smaller and make them fit. but the feature to upload media onto the fone is locked or apparently t-mobile took the ability to upload media from a computer out. because they want me to pay for the mp3's and what not. well i dont want too and they dont have the music that i listen too anyways.

so i downloaded phonetools from somewhere and it still didnt work, because apparently it cant communicate with the fone. so i thought it had to be unlocked. and well i unlocked it using the above stated procedures and it still doesnt work i successfully unlocked the phone and was able to use my fathers cingular sim card and everything.

english isnt my first language so if you didnt understand what i wrote, i just want to be able to put mp3's from my cojmputer into my c650 fone and i cant do it, any help please?

Ed-

p.s.--thanks in advance guys, i dont have any kind of cellfone knowledge to share with you guys to be able to repay the help u guys are giving me, but i'm a car guy hehehe, if u guys have any questions about any kind of funky noises or things that ur car might be doing ask me and i might be able to help u out.

modenatwinturbo
07-03-2005, 08:57 AM
ok so i was able to finally get to put the mp3 in my phone. now it doesnt work. it says that the file is corrupt. and it just ask's me if i want to delete it yes or no. and thats it................

how do i get an mp3 to work on my cell phone that is supposedly suppose to play mp3's ????????

Ed-

motorolatlf
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi. I couldn't download the p2kman-program from http://anton.tbg.ru/files/p2kman.zip
Dead link ?
But I found it somewhere else.
My problem is, that I can't get it to work.
I installed the "Motorola USB Modem Driver" ( only way I could find my phne from my pc ), and everything seems to be ok.
But when I run the p2kman-program, and it windows2000 finds some new "elements", instead of the usb-modem, the new items comes with a yellow marker ( saying something is wrong) in the "Device Manager".
Because of this, p2kman can't find my telephone neither in the normal mode, or in flashmode.
Anyone know what I can do to fix this ?

I got a Motorola v220

motorolatlf
09-03-2005, 06:34 PM
I got my pc to find it now, with a new program, but the result was not good. :-?
I get the success-message, but the phone tells me to contact the provider after I enter the pin-numeber on my other sim-card. :-x

Annyone able to help me with links to the programs I need to flash my phone ?

Boot Loader 07.B0
SW Version : R365_G_0B.D2.28R

4xpsycho
10-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Thank you soo much for sharing the wealth
i just unlocked my V180
now my Vodafone sim card works and i am off to Italy tomorrow without worries from a JUNK Nokia 8210 with a shot battery!
btw...
i had to press * and # and power to get into flash mode, no 0

stepcron
11-03-2005, 05:14 AM
I followed the guidelines and it said done and all.. but what exactly did it do.. I dont notice any changes.. It wont let me delete the old mp3s on the phone and I cant upload mp3's to my phone cause everytime i do it says its corrupted.. any help or suggestions

Phone: c650

PaVLyK
19-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Where i can find R365_G_0B_D2.28R
flash???

PaoloWireless
20-03-2005, 04:18 AM
your phones is already unlocked from cingular, if you need the 850mhz on the v180 , i think it's a hardware
regards

My store sells the V180, its QUAD Band. The one in the USA is tri-band, but I think they disabled the 900 band by software. You can easily re-flex it to add that frequency, I know because we received an american tri-band V180 from the states and turned it into a quad band just by changing software. No hardware.

megrine
20-03-2005, 03:59 PM
My store sells the V180, its QUAD Band. The one in the USA is tri-band, but I think they disabled the 900 band by software. You can easily re-flex it to add that frequency, I know because we received an american tri-band V180 from the states and turned it into a quad band just by changing software. No hardware.
i think we are both wrong here , as i checked couple of phones i have (v180-v220)
i found out that cingular phones are :850-900/1900
tmobile phones are :900/1800/1900
at&t phones are: 850/900/1800/1900
so it seems the 900 band is enabled in all phones

Old_Fool
21-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I think simple seem editing will enable them to quard band don't have to flex them

Neo2x
23-03-2005, 04:29 AM
A couple of questions.

Does the Sim card need to be on the phone?

Can I do this with a mini-Usb to Serial cable? It's the only one I've got.

Thanks in advance.

malicia
24-03-2005, 05:41 AM
Work´s fine 100%, thanks for everything

moto-g
24-03-2005, 05:27 PM
For those having trouble, I believe here is a simplified version of doing it:

- Put phone into service mode
- Plug in USB cable
- Point Windows to the drv folder in p2kman
- Keep doing this until all devices are installed
- Launch chfaken and click on the button

The key thing is just to get the drivers loaded so chfaken can talk to the phone. You don't necessarily need p2kman.

megrine,
Was curious since no one has asked this yet. Where did you come across this utility? Who released it? The file date of the proggy is oct 19, 2004. This thread started jan 14, 2005. What happened in between?

My concern is I don't want my phone to end up like Paris Hilton's. ;)

talkback
24-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Dewd, Just wanted to say thanks to you, I have unlocked my v180 Tmobile to use on CellularOne. Thanks to your simple instructions... Well done! =)

Thanks,
TalkBack

Neo2x
24-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Dewd, Just wanted to say thanks to you, I have unlocked my v180 Tmobile to use on CellularOne. Thanks to your simple instructions... Well done! =)

Thanks,
TalkBack

Did I hear it right??? A v180 T-Mobile? Yes!! At least I have some feedback that that model can be unblocked by this program, now I just need to have my hands on a USB cable(I just have a serial one), **** looks frantically for a friend with one(out of money) ****

I still have a couple of doubts:

1) Does the phone need to be fully charged and with the charger on? or just fully charged?

2) Does the SIM card need to be on the phone?

Please, I need the answers so I don't screw up anything.

Thanks in advance.

megrine
25-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Did I hear it right??? A v180 T-Mobile? Yes!! At least I have some feedback that that model can be unblocked by this program, now I just need to have my hands on a USB cable(I just have a serial one), **** looks frantically for a friend with one(out of money) ****

I still have a couple of doubts:

1) Does the phone need to be fully charged and with the charger on? or just fully charged?

2) Does the SIM card need to be on the phone?

Please, I need the answers so I don't screw up anything.

Thanks in advance.
it really does not matter if the SIM is in or not, the phone needs to be charged and no charger plugged to the data cable
about the cable: if you have a mini usb cable for sony or jvc..you could use it
good luck

Neo2x
26-03-2005, 05:29 AM
I just have a mini-usb to serial cable, would that work?

27-03-2005, 08:14 AM
megrine,
Was curious since no one has asked this yet. Where did you come across this utility? Who released it? The file date of the proggy is oct 19, 2004. This thread started jan 14, 2005. What happened in between?

My concern is I don't want my phone to end up like Paris Hilton's. ;)[/QUOTE]

i was wondering the same thing??

woople
27-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Has anyone any ideas on this? I think i have semi successfully unlocked my v220 but.........
It was locked to orange uk, downloaded all the necessary and after a bit of fannying around got the succesfull done message. Have put my o2-uk sim card in and when i turn on the phone instead of it now asking for the subsidy code it flicks through the o2 logo to no service and then displays unregistered SIM. What now?

amstaff80
27-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Chfaken doesnt work on e398 (Era GSM)...............

baj24
31-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that this worked on my Cingular V180. My sister has ATT and I stuck her sim card in and it worked like a charm! :-)

thewilson
31-03-2005, 01:18 AM
I just joined today right after I got my data cable in and I thank you. The initial poster of this thread and any programmers that worked on this. Absolutely amazing system. Thanks.

I had a T-Mobile Motorola V180 and after I finally got that damn * + # + Power Button combo down it was done within 3 minutes. I verified this by using a Cingular SIM card without any trouble. Excellent.

Just cannot thank enough. Appreciate it.

thewilson

t325
31-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Hello, did any1 try to use titonel's method (when you have a too recent flash version) and then put the newer flash again?

t325
31-03-2005, 10:13 PM
..also, does any1 here live near of Geneva, Switzerland, and have an IMEI cracking device, so I don't have to mess with flash (of course I pay you)?

Where_Else?
02-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Thanks for all the help. @Megrine-thanks for the soft ware. anyway how do you install games into MOTOROLA C650?

thnx once again ciao :P :eek: !

shinjo
02-04-2005, 07:17 AM
i cant seem to download your software, maybe its my firewall, is there another site where i can get it? or could you send it to my e-mail : [email protected]

thanks man.

nadare
04-04-2005, 12:33 AM
I too have a the same problem when trying to flash the phone. Chfaken says Done and im all to happy, started te phone and get an enter subsid code. out of fury i tried just hammering some random codes but atfer 3 tries i get a contact service provider. I live in norway, maybe that has something to do with it. i also have the R365_G_0B.D2.28R as many others have been comlaining about...

Need help!!

Old_Fool
05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm in a midle of trying to unlock a V180 . Got to the point of "RF one found" but then it said "handle error" ??? What went worng??. Please help fast.
Thank you

aenigma
06-04-2005, 02:03 AM
I'm in a midle of trying to unlock a V180 . Got to the point of "RF one found" but then it said "handle error" ??? What went worng??.
did all of your drivers install? i thought i had them all installed and i could even browse my phone with p2kman but when i ran chfaken.exe i all of a sudden had a window pop up and i had to install a flash driver. so i exited out and started over.

all is well and the phone is unlocked. i actually just unlocked about 10 minutes ago.

T-Moble v180 and i used the mini usb cable that came with my DV camera with no problems.

danieljv
13-04-2005, 03:07 PM
hi!

I have a motorola v220, but the version is V220 r365_g_0b.d2.2 3r. This program doesn't unlock it, it says ok but the mobile isn't unlocked. Do you know any solution?

Thanks!

annieandtrevi
14-04-2005, 11:03 AM
hi there i have been studying this thread meticulously to try and get my c650 unlocked... i have unlocked it and can use any sim card in it, but now there seems to be call barring on the handset itself as no sim card can recieve or make calls.

what i want to know is:
1)Why can't i install of the drivers required to run pk2man (chfaken.exe unlocked the phone)
and
2)if anyone knows the call barring removal code and/or instructions on removing handset call barring.

any help would be greatly appreciated and thankyou in advance
please notify me at [email protected] in the case of any help :)

t325
16-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Hello again, noone in Geneva unlocking phones.. Does any1 have a link for motokit, or any other sw capable of backing up my current flash and flex?

dvirus666
19-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi I have successfully unlocked two C385s using the software, but now I have a problem with the security code. I does not accept the 12345 factory code on either of the phones, is there any solution for this..

dvirus666
19-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I found the security code.. its 000000, but i now have another problem,

One phone has the main menu set to icon and it views in a grid but the other is also set to icon but does not display as a grid..

I have tries a master reset & clear but nothing works..

Also is there a way to Delete the Orange name from the GPRS & MMS settings ?

slugus
20-04-2005, 06:53 AM
ok so i was able to finally get to put the mp3 in my phone. now it doesnt work. it says that the file is corrupt. and it just ask's me if i want to delete it yes or no. and thats it................

how do i get an mp3 to work on my cell phone that is supposedly suppose to play mp3's ????????

Ed-

Your carrier should not legally be allowed to lock you out of such features. I would call both your carrier and your countries Motorola help line and get them to talk you through it. Does it take extra sd memory? A phone that plays mp3's really needs more space than what you have. It would suprise me if you could not buy extra memory for it... which may be your problem? Perhaps the phone can only read mp3's successfully from the extra memory and not the phones standard memory?

Just guesses really. But if you pay for a phone, you pay for all the phones features. I would hammer my carrier or where I purchased the phone from, get them to copy on an mp3 for you and make it work or give you a new phone that they can do it on.

slugus
20-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi, trying to unlock a e398 with this program. Someone on the first page could do it. It all goes through, connects to the phone with Chfaken and says everything works, then the phone powers off. When I put in a vodafone Sim it still asks for the code (it is locked to Telstra at the moment)... the firmware on it is R372_G_0E.20.96R_A

I assume it is because I nee to downgrade this, does anyone know where I can find some English firmware to downgrade this to. Also, once downgraded and then unlocked can I upgrade the firmware again to the current?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bel_ding
20-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I unlocked my Motorola V220 using the instructions from Megrine. I'm on Cingular and I successfully used a T-Mobile card.

Thanks for the great software and instructions!

mrc513
21-04-2005, 01:24 AM
hello am i doing something wrong i downloaded the pk2 file but i cant seem to find this chfaken.rar file any suggestions or advice on where to find this file thanks

slugus
21-04-2005, 06:06 AM
hello am i doing something wrong i downloaded the pk2 file but i cant seem to find this chfaken.rar file any suggestions or advice on where to find this file thanks

Hi, this is the file that the first post has attached to it. Just download it from that first post (attachment at the end of the post) and away you go...

slugus
21-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Hi everyone. Just another post.

I really need to find out a good site for Motorola firmware in English, I have found lots of sites, but can't track down an English one... not 100% sure what I am looking for, but I am hoping for a list of versions, some nice and old that I can download a few of to my e398 and try this out with older e398 firmware versions.

If you couldn't be bothered signing up for this forum but know the answer to my question and see this post, please email me at :
[email protected]

Cheers.

sujithjos
23-04-2005, 08:55 PM
hey,
i bought the phone from usa, now i am not able to use it,
lik u said, i downloaded it, the software from the site, and also from ur attachment, now my doubts are these
1, if i do the unlocking stuff once, wil i be able to unlock in som other way( iff only tht doesn't work)
2, in the driver folder, it shows lik, that the file system is not recoganized by the computer
3, when changing to flash mode, u wrote tht,* + # + power button, all at the same time...........u mean * and + and # and power button simultaneiously....is it?

sujithjos
23-04-2005, 08:56 PM
hey,
i bought the phone from usa, now i am not able to use it,
lik u said, i downloaded it, the software from the site, and also from ur attachment, now my doubts are these
1, if i do the unlocking stuff once, wil i be able to unlock in som other way( iff only tht doesn't work)
2, in the driver folder, it shows lik, that the file system is not recoganized by the computer
3, when changing to flash mode, u wrote tht,* + # + power button, all at the same time...........u mean * and + and # and power button simultaneiously....is it?

Neo2x
24-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Woot!!! I was able to unblock my T-Mobile, V180(had just the one of the latest 364.??? flash)! Thanks to whoever did this software and megrine for letting us know.

iamdead
24-04-2005, 04:37 AM
my v180:

Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R364_G_0B.D1.1
9R

Battery Low
Cannot Program

after,Chfaken still said "RFone not found :-("
what can i do???please help me!!!

sujithjos
24-04-2005, 07:06 AM
my phpone is moto c650, and am trying to unlock it, so ii downloaded chfaken.rar and extracted it, lik u said, but it is not working , wen i connect my phone to my comp. it is recoganized but wen i open the p2k manager, it says, not connected,
plz tel me wht should i do anyone thr?

thisforum
25-04-2005, 02:03 AM
P2kman does not detect my Motorola C650, what do i do?,

jjohn101
25-04-2005, 10:58 AM
:-) Thank You the moderator and all the fellows contributing to this site.I unlocked my motorola v180 without any problems.Thanks again and keep up the good work.

aqquilus
27-04-2005, 01:09 AM
:D Im so thrilled that Ive unlocked this phone Im still crappin my pants and I did it 12 hours ago. It was worth the extra toilet paper! thank....you thank ...you

Old_Fool
27-04-2005, 11:08 PM
my v180:

Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R364_G_0B.D1.1
9R

Battery Low
Cannot Program

after,Chfaken still said "RFone not found :-("
what can i do???please help me!!!

Battery low cannot programe get the hint??? charge it up man then it'll work

beshoy
29-04-2005, 08:58 AM
can i get a flasher for the v300 or the v180 ?

annieandtrevi
30-04-2005, 10:31 AM
i unlocked a c650, but apparently has call barring or something, i heard i need to change the "IMEI" number.... any help?

also i unlocked another c650 but it has this annoying "MTV" left soft key which i can't change... any help?

thank you

rg146
30-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi all,

Try as much, I just could not get my V180 to enter the flash mode. But when I connect the phone and run Chfaken, I get RFone found
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming, Done. But the phone did not turn off. Is my phone unlocked or not?

goltchuth
03-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I need somebody to help me unlock my V180's. I tried the procedure said in this thread, and everything seemed to work fine... but then, the phone still seems to be locked !! This is what i did.

1. Install the USB Modem drivers (Detected when the phone is on)
2. Install the Motorola Flash Drivers (Detected when the phone is in flash mode)
3. I enter flash mode, by first turning off my cell phone and then, pressing *,# while turning it on. (TELL ME IF THIS IS CORRECT)
4. In flash mode, I open the Chfaken.exe, click the unlock button.
5. It says that RFone found... and then done, after a while. My phone restarts again in Normal mode - still locked.

If somebody could correct me, or want more information on the software version, please send me an email or reply to this thread, so that everybody who has this problem can look at it.

Thanks

bobes
03-05-2005, 04:57 PM
For those of you that successfully unlocked a V180, could you pls post your software version....

has it been confirmed that R365 will not work on the v180?

goltchuth
03-05-2005, 08:14 PM
For those of you that successfully unlocked a V180, could you pls post your software version....

has it been confirmed that R365 will not work on the v180?

Is there a way to downgrade the software on the phone ?? If so, Can somebody please post the way to do this.... Also, can an upgrade be done, after the simlock is removed. Any help will be appreciated.

aironeboss
04-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I followed the instructions, downloaded the p2k and the chfaken, it works. On the other hand, don't get frustated if you don't get it on the first try, we're not using the same tried and true Nokiafree calc, I had to download the software more than once, had to use system restore more than once, and I used power zip to unzip the programs because winrar didn't do the trick.

My phone is a V180 version R364_G_0B.D1.1FR_A (that's a zero before the B) that used to be locked to T-mobile.

I bought a mini usb to usb cable on radio shack for less than $20 US, but if you have a cable collecting dust somewhere in the house that can be attached to the miniusb port on the top side of the phone, use it, it doesn't have to be motorola equipment.

It doesn't matter that p2k can't detect the phone when is on flash mode, I installed all the drivers, even the neptune drive that popped up when I plugged the phone on flash mode the first time.

My advice is to be patient, read all the thread because all the info you need is here, really.

Good luck, and thank you for posting the software

bobes
04-05-2005, 05:11 PM
well I had a R365 firmware and it did not work... was able to find a R364 and flash to the phone... the unlock worked successfully after that.

Now all I need is to get an unbranded R365 that will not relock my phone..

mmmishra
04-05-2005, 05:45 PM
all mobile holders, i have everything that u will ever need. be a cdma or gsm, be only phone, a smart phone or a pda os symbian phone,
i have griffin and hex box for sale, the softrwares, also i have all u will need for unlocking ur phone.
data cables at @3USD JUST DOOM whit ur new glorified pat.

mmmishra
04-05-2005, 05:58 PM
contact mobile king at [email protected]

Hi all,

Try as much, I just could not get my V180 to enter the flash mode. But when I connect the phone and run Chfaken, I get RFone found
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming, Done. But the phone did not turn off. Is my phone unlocked or not?

mmmishra
04-05-2005, 06:42 PM

Hi all,

kakapupu
05-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Does this trick work with Motorola e398 ??

My phone looks like this
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-e398-en.shtml

It can go in Safe Mode, but when i plug it with original USB-cable it cant be detected in these programs, but it works fine with Win Xp Pro ???

rg146
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
After numerous tries I got it. I was trying to enter the flash mode with the phone on. I turned the phone off and tried and VOILA I was there. Thanks for the offer ;)

uglymonkey
06-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Just unlocked a v220 with this software, problem is the camera no longer works, any ideas?

janshien
07-05-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks so much for all of the great postings.
This is a great site for software http://gizmoserver.dns2go.com:8081/motorola/flash_flex/
I to had the problem of Chfaken saying it completed and I was still not able to use a ATT card in a Cingular phone. Finally I downgraded the software to R364 ( I was @ 365) from the site above. Then the Chafaken program REALLY worked and unlocked my phone. Then I upgraded it again. Now alll is well.

Thanks
Joe :)

bobes
09-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks so much for all of the great postings.
This is a great site for software http://gizmoserver.dns2go.com:8081/motorola/flash_flex/
I to had the problem of Chfaken saying it completed and I was still not able to use a ATT card in a Cingular phone. Finally I downgraded the software to R364 ( I was @ 365) from the site above. Then the Chafaken program REALLY worked and unlocked my phone. Then I upgraded it again. Now alll is well.

Thanks
Joe :)

what did u upgrade it to? all the upgrades I've found will re-lock the phone

vroser
13-05-2005, 05:45 PM
It worked perfectly to unlock my v220 on fido/microcell.
R364...

Did no need to run the program p2kman. Only drivers installed and ran chfaken. Using windows 98se.

Does not work on my v180 with R365 :(

Thanks.

cablefix2000
13-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I have tried to connect to the link, http://anton.tbg.ru/files/p2kman.zip but unable to... can somebody tell me if there is another site avail to download pk2man for v180, Can somebody tell me if the usb driver bundled with usb cable for v180 (usually found in e bay) is the same as pk2man.

cablefix2000
14-05-2005, 04:11 PM

http://anton.tbg.ru/files/p2kman.zip... this link seems to be dead, can anyone tell me where I ca get pk2man?

dvirus666
16-05-2005, 06:54 PM
You can also download it from my site... See link below.

du3xcd
17-05-2005, 04:37 AM
My post is a little late but anyway, thanks megrine for the softy. Successfully unlocked my moto c651. Not a drop of sweat!!! 100% working!!!

cablefix2000
19-05-2005, 01:33 AM

I must be doing something wrong I downloaded chfaken.zip. tied to unzip it using winzip 6.XX. nothing happens, still shows it's an rar file. I was finally able to downloas pk2man.zip. and that unzipped fine. Cans somebody PLEEEASE help me, I have one week to unlock my three motorola v180 with T-mobile lock before I go overseas. U would like to be able to use these phones so I can use local SIMM. HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

monica_b
24-05-2005, 06:36 PM
hello boyz,

can anyone help me unlock my v180?

Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version
R365_G_0b.D2.2
ER

i followed all the steps but p2k will not detect my phone. i have almost spend like 3 hrs. any help would be appreciated and noted .

moni

showallye
25-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Hi guys. I have done everything like unlock and flash with my v220. But my problem is " I want to change language to Turkish but I didn't find a language pack for my v220 that supports Turkish" If are there anyone can help me please send language pack file to [email protected] or give me a link.

bzb
25-05-2005, 03:00 AM
I unlock my v180 using method 2 from this link. Just have to install the driver for the phone from the DRIVERS\windowsXP when winXP detects a new hardware. After that the phone is found and unlocked.

http://motoaide.com:8081/unlock.htm

monica_b
25-05-2005, 03:49 AM
thanx bzb, that was really nice of you to suggest that site. but when i put the phone in flash it tells me to install 'S flash neptune LTE'....what do i do about it? where do i get it from? please help.
thanx again.

bzb
25-05-2005, 12:52 PM
thanx bzb, that was really nice of you to suggest that site. but when i put the phone in flash it tells me to install 'S flash neptune LTE'....what do i do about it? where do i get it from? please help.
thanx again.

from the "Found new hardware wizard" select "Install from list of specific location", click Next. Click the Browse button next to "Include this location in the search" and select the folder Motorola_unlocker_2005\DRIVERS\windowsXP (where you unzip it). You see a messeage installing "Motorola flash interface"..
when it is done, turn the phone off. Run the Mot_unlocker.exe and put the phone in flash mode, then click "Connect in Flash mode" button.

btw, you have the R365. There is an earlier post that someone has problem unlock it and have to downgrade to R364. I have an R364 from Cingular.

monica_b
25-05-2005, 05:00 PM
yes, i thought of that too...but that guy has used v220....kinda risky to try on a v180...plus i am not much of a computer wiz. Is there anyone who can be online with me while i am downgrading to 634 from 635 on my v180?

moni

mattes99
27-05-2005, 03:26 AM
I download the p2kman and connect the phone to pc and p2k file doesn't connect my phone V180. :-?

diejalma
27-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi everyone !!
please visit this web, i have a Cingular V220 triband 850, 900 & 1900 and my network is 1800MHz, here i found how to change phone´s bandwith with OPCODES. It is TOO EASY!! so guess what?? my V220 is now working at 1800MHZ
There is a lot of other information and tricks for many motorola phones there that may result very usefull for all of you
the link is:
http://www.mobiledia.com/forum/topic18927-0-asc-0.html

GOOD LUCK !!!
regards from Uruguay!!

:) :-D :-P :rolleyes:

low_lead
28-05-2005, 06:59 AM
this software has been tested by me
And me too now! unlocked my V180 after I downloaded PKZIP to unzip the .rar file

Buy a new phone... I don't think so!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/low_lead/HaHa.bmp

monica_b
28-05-2005, 11:31 PM
i have successfully unlocked my v180 phone on R365.
I had to downgrade it to R364 before unlocking it. If anyone needs help downgrading, let me know.

Jamalx
29-05-2005, 04:50 AM
I had 2 v220 locked Now is unlocked thanks for saving me some $$

thanks for making P2kman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :-P

chepeloni
30-05-2005, 07:18 AM
i just got my new v180 from cingular, and i was checking this forum looking for information about unlocking, and i have a couple of questions:

1.- other than switching from one company to another one, what other benefits can i get by unlocking my phone (or cool things can i do)?

2.- i've seen differents versions of the preloaded S/W, in my case, according to the phone info, my version is R364_G_0B.D1.32R, but i saw one being 365, is that the latest version?? any advantages if i update??

if someone can answer my questions, i would really appreciate it, if the only reason to unlock the phone would be to switch from one company to another one, then i won't do it since i have a contract for 2 years that just started, so i will do it after 2 years, but if there are other cool things i can do with an unlocked phone, then i will give it a try.

thanks

chepeloni

fastgrufty
30-05-2005, 08:12 PM
i have successfully unlocked my v180 phone on R365.
I had to downgrade it to R364 before unlocking it. If anyone needs help downgrading, let me know.

hi, can you please tell me how did you downgrade your v180 to the R364.

thank you.

monica_b
31-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Last weekend, Old_Fool and I successfully downgraded my v180 from 365 to 364...later that day...I put down the steps that we followed (pasted below). Please remember that these steps might not work for you...downgrade at your own risk.

Steps to downgrade from R365 to R364

1) install PST_7.1.1
2) connect the phone to the computer
3) when the phone asks for drivers, direct it to the c:/program files/Motorola/pst
4) start 'pst phone programmer'
5) file-new-kjava-read data from the phone
6) enable java app loader
7) restart phone by clicking on restart in the program to make sure that it works
8) run pst_uni_patch and patch the files that it asks to patch (about 6) in the c:/program files/Motorola/pst folder.
9) Run MultiFlashFlex.exe from C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
10) Show devices and check the device section in the bottom half of the program…it should say connected.
11) Check ‘Enable flash, ‘Master clear phone after flexing’ and ‘Master reset phone after flexing’
12) Select file name ‘R364_G_0B.D1.1FR_LP001B_DRM0001_JPJAVA_G_0B_V180_01_02_45R_GSIV180CBW01NA105_1FF.shx’ which can be downloaded from ‘http://gizmoserver.dns2go.com:8081/motorola/flash_flex/V180/’ and click on ‘Start’
13) Once the phone is flash…it will turn off. Start the phone in flash mode and check the SW type to 364.
14) Start ‘Mot_unlocker.exe’ and then start the phone in flash mode.
15) It might say ‘flex error - phone subsidy – locked’ when u start the phone
16) Click on connect phone in flash mode.
17) It should say RPhone found :) and then further go and unlock it.
18) Insert other service providers sim card and try if it can be used.
19) If it asks for a subsidy passcode…try to unlock it again.

fastgrufty
03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Monica, you are great. Thank you for your perfect step by step downgrade solution. The only problem for me, I couldn't get a connection to the gizmoserver for download the R364 file. I tried without any success three days at different times day or night. Please could you post another download link for a similar R364 file with a german language pack ?
Thanks in advance.

Old_Fool
03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi Monica, you are great. Thank you for your perfect step by step downgrade solution. The only problem for me, I couldn't get a connection to the gizmoserver for download the R364 file. I tried without any success three days at different times day or night. Please could you post another download link for a similar R364 file with a german language pack ?
Thanks in advance.
Go here and click on index files will take you to gizmo sserver, we have combine it to this site so gismo will no longer work
http://motoaide.com:8081/download.htm.
Step one thru six was just test to see if we install PST correctly and it functional by doing a enabled java uploader fuction.
So you can just go right to step six if you areadly enabled your java uploader.
Have fun

fennas
04-06-2005, 11:49 PM
hey guys im lucky enough to already have r364 on the phone i want to unlock. where do i get ‘Mot_unlocker.exe’ ?

Thanks

casper78
05-06-2005, 08:25 AM
hi folks
i just bought a motorola v188 in the states,now i came back to italy and i tried to put a different chip inside and it says contact your service provider
When i bought it they told me that i would be able to use the phone where ever,does anybody know how to unblock it?
thanks

nicka1
05-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi, Im trying to unlock a v220 but windows will only let me install 1 driver.. So i choose out of the 5 or so drivers that there are and none of them seem to work. p2kman gives me "not connected".. using xp pro sp2, any solutions here? appreciate any help

casper78
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM

hi i just bought a motorola v188,i read the post above and i followed the istructions everything seemed okay,but when i put a different sim card in it askes me to contact my service provider.Do you have any suggestions???
thanks

Triple-X
06-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi people , can you help me in some thing , i fallow all steps that you guys post to unlock my motorola phone , but when i finish of entering the pin number i put ok , and then the phone show some kind of error i dont know , its some like this "Contact Service Provider" , can anyone knows how i can pass this and use the other provider card on my phone ?!

if anyone knows , plz help , thanks :)

p.s. sorry my bad english lol :p

usmvp
06-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks to Megrine for great instruction, and thanks to the programmer who did a wonderful job. I unlock my Moto v180 and the phone is working so good in Asia right now.

thank you all. :-P

Triple-X
06-06-2005, 10:28 PM
i saw in this topic much people saying that they have the same problem that i hav , that "famous" (lol) -> "Contact Service Provider" and its incredible that i see all people helping others with there questions , ok fine and all people that ask for this problem dont have a answer why ?! , no one knows how to resolve this problem?! dammet :S

if anyone knows how resolve this problem plz help us.. thank you..

bye

daniel-r
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
I followed all instructions to unlock my moto v 180, first i downgraded mi firmware to r 364, then i tried to unclok it with the software and it appeard:

RFone found :-)
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming :D

But ist still lock, please anyone help me, i need to use the phone!!!

Many thank!!

Old_Fool
08-06-2005, 03:18 AM
I followed all instructions to unlock my moto v 180, first i downgraded mi firmware to r 364, then i tried to unclok it with the software and it appeard:

RFone found :-)
Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming :D

But ist still lock, please anyone help me, i need to use the phone!!!

Many thank!!

Master reset and then try to unlock it onmore time make sure all pin set to default. Battery fully charged

daniel-r
08-06-2005, 04:01 AM
I dont understand, how is master reset? I have another question, what program can make a copy of my firmware?

how is all pin set to default?

Many thanks!!!

Old_Fool
08-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I dont understand, how is master reset? I have another question, what program can make a copy of my firmware?

how is all pin set to default?

Many thanks!!!

menu-->setting-- master reset.
If you use any pin to lock you fone or application of fone you need to go back and set it to default 1234

3530user
12-06-2005, 04:24 AM
nice site for Motoc651 users!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/c651c650moto/files/

kollim
13-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Thanks a bunch for the steps. I couldn't find the r364 image. Link from the Motoaide to flash times out.

Go here and click on index files will take you to gizmo sserver, we have combine it to this site so gismo will no longer work
http://motoaide.com:8081/download.htm.
Step one thru six was just test to see if we install PST correctly and it functional by doing a enabled java uploader fuction.
So you can just go right to step six if you areadly enabled your java uploader.
Have fun

Old_Fool
14-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Try again now it should work

ajony
14-06-2005, 11:08 PM
hi, the link for the v180 image file is not working. is there any alt link? i need this emergency. thanks

kalinga74
15-06-2005, 12:20 AM

Hi, Please let me know how to change to Flash mode. Do I need to have sim card in ?..Should I do this when power is on?..I am confused, tried all combinations. I tried * # power-on buttons in sequence when phone is off, but it did not start in Flash mode.

thanks
Kash

Trephas
15-06-2005, 12:38 AM
To enter flash mode:

(Phone off)

Press: * # (power on) at the same time.

Some letters should apperar in the display over a black wallpaper.

kalinga74
15-06-2005, 03:07 PM
To enter flash mode:

(Phone off)

Press: * # (power on) at the same time.

Some letters should apperar in the display over a black wallpaper.

Thanks, I am able to enter into Flash mode now.
This time, after I connect the phone to PC thru USB in flash mode and run Chfaken.exe. However it did not do anything, just a blank window opened as shown in the attachment.

My phone is V180.

Please let me know.

thanks
Kash

kalinga74
15-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks, I am able to enter into Flash mode now.
This time, after I connect the phone to PC thru USB in flash mode and run Chfaken.exe. However it did not do anything, just a blank window opened as shown in the attachment.

My phone is V180.

Please let me know.

thanks
Kash

forgot to mention, I am unable to download p2kman. the link in first of the thread is dead.

kalinga74
15-06-2005, 04:08 PM

Hello,

Can somebody please send/upload me p2kman.zip file, cannot find anywhere on the the net. tired.

thanks
Kash

kalinga74
15-06-2005, 05:28 PM
ive got a v180 with t-mobile and the unlocking program says it works, but it asks for a subsidy password. please help.

I also tried to unlock AT&T phone, the program said successful, however when I use t-mobile sim card, it asks for subsidy code.

Please help.

thanks
Kash

kalinga74
15-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I have the same problem here with a c385.
All looks like it is done. But it still asks for the subsidy pass :???:

I have same problem with V180, any luck??. were you able to do anything to get past this?.

please let me know.

thanks
kash

ajony
16-06-2005, 02:53 AM
I used the file that is available on the net to unlock the v180. It seemed to unlocked my phone, however, my inside lcd doesnt work anymore.

I can t see any text or anything on the screen, just messed up screen. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I've flashed the phone with the V220 flash file as I couldnt get a v180 file after searching for 8 hours. I thought its the same. But it did not fix the problem. Everythig is still working fine except the lcd.

Anybody got any idea how to fix this? Or can somebody copy their v180 eeprom file with victor gsm software? This file is .seem format. Thank you

mmmishra
16-06-2005, 04:21 PM
hi there. yes I do have the flash files for v180 specificially. the reason ur screen was messed was the inturreps requess mismatch and diffrent memmory addresses. I can provide u he flash files but mind well all good things come at some c0st. contact me in private at [email protected] only.

adguajar
17-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi,
for some reason I can not get the file P2kman.zip...
can anyone send me the file to my email?
Thanks
ADGuajar

kollim
18-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I tried several times over last week. gizmo server link from motoaid doesn't respond to download version 364 flash.
Can someone please help with any other locations for that image?

Thanks in advance!

Try again now it should work

Old_Fool
19-06-2005, 09:51 PM
I tried several times over last week. gizmo server link from motoaid doesn't respond to download version 364 flash.

Thanks in advance!
Try it again sometime , sorry we are in the process of getting a better PCserver !!!
http://mototaide.com:8081/

fastgrufty
19-06-2005, 11:56 PM

Thanks in advance!
Hi kollim, try this link: http://www.coscarella.com.ar/comunidad/VXXX/

kollim
20-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the help, I should have mentioned that I need V180 image, not V220. Any help on 180 image?

Thanks again!

Hi kollim, try this link: http://www.coscarella.com.ar/comunidad/VXXX/

kollim
20-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks. Will do so. BTW, motoaide itself is very accessible. just the links to gizmoserver for flash download are down.

Try it again sometime , sorry we are in the process of getting a better PCserver !!!
http://mototaide.com:8081/

reconnox
22-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Thanks. Will do so. BTW, motoaide itself is very accessible. just the links to gizmoserver for flash download are down.

Any one have luck getting the Flash Files for V180 ? I been trying for a while...
Thanks

markj
22-06-2005, 05:21 AM
R365_G_0B.D2.28R - v180

i noticed people with 365 were having problems with this unlocking prg...has anyone with this version got their phone unlocked with no problems? (yes i know i can downgrade firmware)

also any way to see if your phone is unlocked without using another carriers' sim card?

Andyman2u
22-06-2005, 08:21 AM

Thanks mate

Just unlocked my v220 with no probs

thanks again

Regards Andy

yangqdr
24-06-2005, 01:41 AM
motoroloa c650

I followed instructions and it did say successful, but when i restarted the phone it says "Enter Unlock Code"

I was pushing some buttons and it took me to "Enter Security Code," which I found out that it was the menu key (above the nav. key). Then I entered "000000" and it worked. You can say "no" to personalizing it so that it doesn't only recognize your sim only (I think). Any how, it still ask for code if I turn it on/off.

Someone verify this.

bobbobbob
24-06-2005, 12:03 PM
help! im in uk and need an r365 flash for the orange network. i flashed it to an american flash and it says "handle error" when i try to unlock it. so i want to put it back. anyone got an r365 flash for orange uk network please please help!

cheers

D

Old_Fool
25-06-2005, 12:54 AM
help! im in uk and need an r365 flash for the orange network. i flashed it to an american flash and it says "handle error" when i try to unlock it. so i want to put it back. anyone got an r365 flash for orange uk network please please help!

cheers

D
When it's said handle error normaly mean something elese is open and running with the main program you have and it's sharing the modem and driver so close all the other and you be ok. So if you are running the unlock program then close P2kman or PST or what ever you have open just run the unlock software.

freakmonkeyboy
25-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Sucessfully unlocked my v220 cingular phone and tested it with a tmobile card :) It worked no need for subsidary password

maniac3389
25-06-2005, 08:29 AM
hey, i accidentally locked my v220 from cingular with a newer cingular flash
i originally had R364_G_0B.D1.32, then flashed it with R365_G_0B.D2.2ER cingular flash which locked it(didnt even notice until i tried using MPT), i've since moved on to a newer R365 flash, but i've tried downgrading to unlock, nothing seems to work! any help would be awesome, i know my phone didnt come locked because my parents unmodded phones are still unlocked, well, be sure that you all dont flash your phones with a flash that contains a locked flex, i feel so dumb having done that

wingman11
25-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Cannot connect to site.
Help please

Old_Fool
25-06-2005, 11:27 PM
hey, i accidentally locked my v220 from cingular with a newer cingular flash
i originally had R364_G_0B.D1.32, then flashed it with R365_G_0B.D2.2ER cingular flash which locked it(didnt even notice until i tried using MPT), i've since moved on to a newer R365 flash, but i've tried downgrading to unlock, nothing seems to work! any help would be awesome, i know my phone didnt come locked because my parents unmodded phones are still unlocked, well, be sure that you all dont flash your phones with a flash that contains a locked flex, i feel so dumb having done that

Send it to me i'll unlock it for you

wingman11
26-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Is there anyway of finding out subsidy password.

any help greatly recieved.

bobbobbob
27-06-2005, 01:08 AM
When it's said handle error normaly mean something elese is open and running with the main program you have and it's sharing the modem and driver so close all the other and you be ok. So if you are running the unlock program then close P2kman or PST or what ever you have open just run the unlock software.

ok m8 ill try it. but i really need a flash that is for the orange network in the uk. please help me out guys. thanks again,

bob

bobbobbob
27-06-2005, 01:57 AM
it was originally on orange with full orange uk setup on phone. i did a phone backup so i have all my images etc.. but then i flashed it to an american r364 so i could unlock it. but it wouldnt unlock. i think it is now though but i want to put it back to orange uk r365. how do i do this? if i do a master reset or whatever it is will this change it all back to how it was when i first got it? and if not can someone help me out?

thanks,

Bob

maniac3389
27-06-2005, 02:58 AM
@bobbobbob: no, u cant just master reset, because when u flashed it, you overwrote all the original settings including the flex, so your best bet is to find a new flex, do you have a r365 flash? PM me and i can send u a flash or a flex, stock motorola so its not branded

pavelp021
30-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi,

Can anyone please help me unlock my Motorola v300?

IMEI: 355298000854456
Service Provider: T-mobile

Thanks a lot.

e-mail: [email protected] :wink:

Old_Fool
30-06-2005, 05:07 PM
it was originally on orange with full orange uk setup on phone. i did a phone backup so i have all my images etc.. but then i flashed it to an american r364 so i could unlock it. but it wouldnt unlock. i think it is now though but i want to put it back to orange uk r365. how do i do this? if i do a master reset or whatever it is will this change it all back to how it was when i first got it? and if not can someone help me out?

thanks,

Bob

would you be able to put it in flash mode and have battery full? what went wrong ? do you get any message?
Almost operator error on thi cause after down grade is 100% will unlock

bobbobbob
01-07-2005, 01:19 AM
would you be able to put it in flash mode and have battery full? what went wrong ? do you get any message?
Almost operator error on thi cause after down grade is 100% will unlock

i dont understand your last line. if its r364 and it connects ok to p2kman and its in flash mode and then i click unlock it said done but it didnt unlock?

dunno wots happenin.

thanks to the guy whos guna send me stock r365 flash. your top :)

cheers,
bob

Old_Fool
01-07-2005, 04:33 AM
i dont understand your last line. if its r364 and it connects ok to p2kman and its in flash mode and then i click unlock it said done but it didnt unlock?

dunno wots happenin.

thanks to the guy whos guna send me stock r365 flash. your top :)

cheers,
bob

Are you using chafkent or motorola unlocker 2005? ust the 2005 give it one more try

bobbobbob
01-07-2005, 09:04 PM
im using chfaken. where can i get the motorola 2005 unlocker from?

cheers,
bob

Old_Fool
02-07-2005, 03:32 AM
im using chfaken. where can i get the motorola 2005 unlocker from?

cheers,
bob
http://motoaide.com:8081/

halo2
03-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi i'm new here,
I've got the software and all the rest but my sim was blocked by incorrect pin. It says it worked on software turn it on! SIM blocked!??

wot shall i do! :mad:

bobbobbob
11-07-2005, 12:46 AM
could the guy who offered me a stock motorola v220 flash please send it to the email i provided via PM as requested. I have waited a long time and still no email.

please send asap,

thanks

bobbobbob
11-07-2005, 12:48 AM
its ok he pm'd me but as im a noob i didnt realise. cheers guys

Koolfire
15-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Last weekend, Old_Fool and I successfully downgraded my v180 from 365 to 364...later that day...I put down the steps that we followed (pasted below). Please remember that these steps might not work for you...downgrade at your own risk.

Steps to downgrade from R365 to R364

1) install PST_7.1.1
2) connect the phone to the computer
3) when the phone asks for drivers, direct it to the c:/program files/Motorola/pst
4) start 'pst phone programmer'
5) file-new-kjava-read data from the phone
6) enable java app loader
7) restart phone by clicking on restart in the program to make sure that it works
8) run pst_uni_patch and patch the files that it asks to patch (about 6) in the c:/program files/Motorola/pst folder.
9) Run MultiFlashFlex.exe from C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
10) Show devices and check the device section in the bottom half of the program…it should say connected.
11) Check ‘Enable flash, ‘Master clear phone after flexing’ and ‘Master reset phone after flexing’
12) Select file name ‘R364_G_0B.D1.1FR_LP001B_DRM0001_JPJAVA_G_0B_V180_01_02_45R_GSIV180CBW01NA105_1FF.shx’ which can be downloaded from ‘http://gizmoserver.dns2go.com:8081/motorola/flash_flex/V180/’ and click on ‘Start’
13) Once the phone is flash…it will turn off. Start the phone in flash mode and check the SW type to 364.
14) Start ‘Mot_unlocker.exe’ and then start the phone in flash mode.
15) It might say ‘flex error - phone subsidy – locked’ when u start the phone
16) Click on connect phone in flash mode.
17) It should say RPhone found :) and then further go and unlock it.
18) Insert other service providers sim card and try if it can be used.
19) If it asks for a subsidy passcode…try to unlock it again.

Is this going to erase my setting and phonebook. I've been having trouble accessing the phonebook with all sorts of programs and haven't been able to back it up. I do have access to files on the phone so if someone can tell me which files to back that would be great.

romydgr8
15-07-2005, 06:28 AM
goog work mate. thanks

unlock me plz
17-07-2005, 12:51 AM
This software really works! Thanks very much :) :)

mib4
17-07-2005, 06:04 AM
regards
Well, not exactly. If your v180 is from Cingular it's a triband 850/900/1900mhz. If it's from T-Mobile it's a triband 900/1800/1900mhz.

Now Cingular's v3 is quadband and T-Mobile's v188 is quadband as well.

BUT .... I've got v188 from T-Mobile and I've got R365. These is no such thing as R364 for v188. My gf (now wife) got v180 2 months ago and I called T-Mobile for an unlock code. They provided that to me. It worked. Now I asked for an unclock code for my v188. Yes, but NO! It should be period of time 90 days between two requests for unlock code from T-Mobile. Why, what?... Doesn't matter. Policy!

OK! Here we go:

1. The software doesn't work with R365!
2. Therse is not R364 for v188, so I cannot downgrade and use the soft

Any thoughts? Any! I just want it unlocked now, not after a month =)

jedi0473
19-07-2005, 05:02 AM
hi i followed very carefully the instructions for unlocking this v300 with a success done after the operation but when inserted the sim from another cell company it reads something like this: consult ur service provider
do i need to do something else to :-( get an unlocked v300?
perhaps to flash/flex de cell and change d sw?

thnks for ur help?

greetings from ecuador in southamerica

mihaisimi
20-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I've succesfully unlocked my V180 following your very precise instructions (Downgrade to 364 and afterwards aplying the crack, I have used from gizmo:
R364_G_0B.D1.1FR_LP0003_DRM0001_JPJAVA_G_0B_V180_01_05_58R_GSIV180DST01NA112_1FF.zip).
The phone was locked on D2 in Germany, now it works on Orange Romania.

luzer
21-07-2005, 04:46 AM
jedi0473 this software doesn't work for V300.

kaimono
22-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Here is my experience, I think the instruction you gave is kinda confusing.:-) I am sorry. But thanks for providing information.
1) You are right. Unzip the pk2k to any directory you want. But you have to be able to find it.
2) unzip the second one to the any directory you want. again, you have to be able to find it.
3) Put your cell phone into program mode, like mentioned by OP, a bunch of information will be displayed on ur cellphone. It will say " connect data cable to pc, ready to program". Now you are ready.
4) Connect the USB cable to your computer. Now it pop up a window says new hardware found. Direct it to the directory of Step 1, under driver subdiretory. It will install the driver for you. Now it shows Motorola modem found, which is ur cell phone.
5) now run the unlock program, in the diretory of step 2, click the button at the bottom, it will pop up another confirmation window, click OK. Now it will say "RFone found, .... DONE", then you are done.
Here in step 5, watch ur cell phone screen, altho I charged the cell phone 1 day before I unlock it, it says not enough batter, not able to program. Just plug the power in, it is solved.

Thanks again for op's information. Just want to input my experience. Good luck to you all.

mib4
23-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I've got my V188 unlocked. Just pushed T-Mobile and they gave me the code. I think (so far) this is the only free solution for unlocking V188.

Thanks for the program and instructions anyway. I believe it's a good job!

baalpeteor
24-07-2005, 11:03 PM
this thread is full of nuubs

(gets the files and runs)

thats the bad thing about mostly all the forums.. most want you to join JUST to dload a file... even though I should bame the peeps who gave the link, instead of copying how todo it, or just saving that thread and its pages on txt pad and uploading on a free site, with the files...

thats the only bad thing about this motorola unlocking stuff

oh and people not even knowing what todo with a .rar LOL! :grin: :grin: :grin: :P

http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com

baalpeteor
24-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi. This sounds great and I would like to try it, but I need more instructions. Where should the .RAR file be installed? Which is the 'red key' on a V220. None are red! Is it correct that the P2K software just needs to be running and that I don't have to do anything with it? Also, I haven't 'installed' the phone on my PC. Is this a problem? :???:

Yours confused,
Skewedhalo

and dont you think red means stop? like a RED LIGHT when you drive (IF you drive) means stop, and green means go...

so when I use my brain, I think in cell phone terms "green must mean to call or turn on, and red means turn off"

even though red does both, red still turns it off...

(i hate ignorant nuubs) :oops: :mad: :oops:

and since when do rars have to be installed? they dont install, they "extract" the files from them... its just to compress files to make it smaller >.>

u could extract this program in your windows/system32/drivers folder if u wanted (if u ever heard of that folder)

biffis
25-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, Im trying to unlock a Rogers Locked Motorola V186. It has a different Firmware then what ive seen before.

its R465_G_08.30.10R

It will connect regularly in p2kman, but when i go into flash mode, it does not connect anymore.

Can i flash an R364 onto the phone (for V180) and then unlock it? will it work?

Thanks

biffis
25-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Oh, i have used the software to unlock a couple of v220s and a c650, so it works, and i thank the author for that!

xstream2
27-07-2005, 06:03 AM
motorola v180 from tmobile, worked with no problems! thanks!!!!

TieDyeGirl
27-07-2005, 06:31 PM
It took some experimenting and figuring out what I was doing wrong, but I got it to work!! :D Thank you so much... I had a Cingular phone just sitting here at my house. Brand new, from a job that didn't work out. It had ended up costing me $350 for 3 months of service and they wouldn't let me use it with AT&T plan. THey also told me my SIM wouldn't work with it either. :x But after using your method here.... I am in and unlocked! I couldn't see buying a new phone when I had a brand new one with all the accessories sitting in my office. So I thank you very much for providing us all with this great info! Have a blessed day!!!
Peace,
Tammy

TieDyeGirl
27-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Thank you so much for providing us out here with this much needed info! :) :D It took me some figuring out and some wrong button pushing (thank goodness I kept reading the forum and found I was pushing the wrong one) to finally get it to work! I had a brand new cingular motorola v180 with all the accessories, just sitting here in my office, that they wouldn't let me use as we were AT&T customers. The Motorola was from a job that didnt' work out for me, and I paid $350 by the time I bought cancelled and used it for just 3 months! :evil: They wanted me to switch to their much worse plan. :rolleyes: So... you saved me a bunch! And I just gotta say THANKS A MILLION!! :D
Have an amazing week, month, life!
Peace & Blessings,
TieDyeGirl

this software has been tested by me and many others so please before you make any coments, test it than talk

luis86
01-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Update. Almost as soon as I posted I went back and was playing with it somemore. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior, but even though p2kman won't detect the phone in flash mode Chfaken could still unlock the phone.

So I have another success story for you - v220 for Cingular using a T-Mobile SIM.

Flex: GSIV220CIN03NA0B7
s/w: R364_G_0B.D1.1BR

thanks!
Hey i have a motorola v220 and i've been trying to unlock it but i dont know where to download th Chfaken.rar documen. Do u have any idea where i could get it from?

LarryK
06-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Unfortunately No Luck - I have a v220 - all comes up as you say in your instructions - when I put the sim in it asks for subsidy password.

This appears -
Boot Loader
07.B0
SW Version:
R365_G_0B.D2.2
BR

Battery OK
OK to Program
USB
Transfer Mode

Everthing else follows your instructions.

Earlgrey
08-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Can someone please tell me if the phone has to be OFF or ON before pressing
*+# ? I have been trying for hours and can't get the BOOT LOADER menu at all even though p2k tells me the phone is connected. thanks Joe

TieDyeGirl
09-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Not sure if the difference is the v180 to the v220...however... i was pressing the green button assuming it was the on button. But the power button is really the red one! I was messing up by pushing that one instead. See if that helps you and good luck.

Earlgrey
09-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks for you info but it still dont help me, NO way can I get the BOOT LOADER screen AT ALL but p2k tell me my phone is unlocked but it aint!

Thanks for trying to help me.

Old_Fool
09-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks for you info but it still dont help me, NO way can I get the BOOT LOADER screen AT ALL but p2k tell me my phone is unlocked but it aint!

Thanks for trying to help me.
Fone must be off first.
Press and hold down 2 keys *and # then with the other hand press the power on key while still holding down the others 2keys untill fone is on then you will see info of your fone

Earlgrey
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi there, OLD FOOL thanks a lot I've done it now - I was pressing the 3 bottom keys instead of just * and # duh!!

ushatten
11-08-2005, 10:11 AM
soory to inform you that there is no free unlock software for the motorola vXXX series (as i know of)
if you have more than one phone to unlock, you could buy a motorola clip for the vXXX for about $65 and after you are done with it you could resell it for the same price
if you have only one phone to unlock, you could buy a remote unlock code....

if you are in pennsylvania, usa i 'll do it free for you
i'll be arround

Hey Megrine, i live in Pittsburgh PA and have a v180 that i've had trouble unlocking. Anything you could do to help would be great, thanks [email protected]

meskholder
11-08-2005, 10:23 AM
hi all
thanks for the program, but i tried this many times with step-by-step as you noted
and its continu giving me done,
but the phone after turn it on give me " contact service provider"
what is the solution for my tel
my mob informations are:
IMEI : 351761002447710
SW version : TA02HA_G_06.04.2FR
Model : Motorola C330
NWSCP/SSCP : locked to:416-01

soulslayerman
14-08-2005, 02:14 AM
I own a c650 mobile and i folowed the instruction (in flshmode ,i run the unlock program,the mobile went of) corectly i think but the phone wasnt unlocked after,can it be the software vers. of my phone at fault?(R365_G_0B.D2.28R).
Should i downgrade and if yes what would i need for that?
Thnx for any replys in advance.

MarineSniper
14-08-2005, 04:59 AM
I have a few questions regarding unlocking a v220 motorola. I have seen many great replies stating that this model was unlocked successfully. But the only question i have is once i unlock the phone when i travel do i have to always be changing the sim card in and out or will it read the towers with my sim card that i have now. I have service with Cingular and i travel through alot of states for my work. And if i have to use different sim cards where would you locate them at.

Thanks
Sniper

Corsari
15-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Please confirm what follow:

- Motorola v180 can be unlocked with the procedure described at begin of this post

- but it only works in v180 that are version 364 or lower

- what about those guys that are requested with an additional code (read the following quote):

...ive got a v180 with t-mobile and the unlocking program says it works, but it asks for a subsidy password. please help..

Thank you to who will clarify the last actual situation about v180

Robert

reese
15-08-2005, 03:19 AM
What am I doing wrong?
no matter what I do the computer does not recognize my phone Motorola V220 , I have tried others and it recognizes them, but not this one.
This phone was shut down by Rogers because the person owed them some money would that have anything to to with that.
Did they put a special lock on it not be recognized by any software until they clear up what is owing on it?
Boot loader
07.B0
R364 G 0B.d1.1
5R
please help

Is this baby toast.

david1_nelson
15-08-2005, 04:51 AM

i use the software and it work but when i update the flash it lock the phone so do you know how to fix it

crazyidiot
18-08-2005, 04:58 AM
thanks. worked like a charm.

brokenmind
18-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Someone tell me that this drivers don't work under wxp, only 2000, 98 or NT, That's right. What OS you used?. Sorry by my english, I hope you can understand me. Thank for all. :eek: