PDA

View Full Version : E800 Disassemble or service manual PLEASE

sheminith
15-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Please help me with photos or instructions to disassemble E800- or send me service manual PLEASE!! Searched world over, no success!

darx
15-01-2005, 06:46 PM
i have that manual how can i get it to you ?

sheminith
21-01-2005, 11:04 PM
My mail is : [email protected]

THANKS!

darx
22-01-2005, 12:30 AM
My mail is : [email protected]

THANKS!

i have sent it to you

tonyndebs
26-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi. Could you please send me the manual too? Changed the housing and now I just get a white screen :???: !!

Thanks Deb

53v0
22-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi. Any chance of sending me the manual too?
[email protected]

Thanks in Advance.

borochick
24-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Is there any chance you could send it to me as well please?
[email protected]

thanks in advance!!

Doh1
22-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Please,
can you sent me a copy of the E800 service manual to: [email protected]
Thanks in advance.

mcurwood
27-04-2005, 03:20 PM
hi please could you send me manual as well thanks in advance you are a lifesaver!!

mcurwood
27-04-2005, 03:20 PM
hi please could you send me manual as well thanks in advance you are a lifesaver!!
please send to [email protected]

lovekapoor
28-04-2005, 11:11 AM
plz send it to me also

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

LK

mr-monty
14-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Does the manual show you how to split the phone in 2 so I can get to the ribbon ?

bcatlock
15-11-2005, 06:12 AM
:P for you all e800 service manual,
this forum has been v good to me,so at last i get to give something back,

darx
15-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Does the manual show you how to split the phone in 2 so I can get to the ribbon ?

you have e-mail

hooliganuk
03-01-2006, 04:58 AM
i have d/l the above file for the e800 thanks but i want to try n open the case/cover so i can see if i can fix it (probably break it more if thats possable)
have u got pics that show me how
i have removed the 4 screws but it still isnt coming off

Seags
30-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Boy, am I glad I stumbled on this place, lol. Only trouble is...and I'm ashamed to admit it...I haven't got a clue how to open a '.rar' file. Yeah I know, heheh...can anybody help?

Cheers,

Seags

Seags
30-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Ah...got it. Thanks for the manual. Has anyone successfully replaced their lcd yet? If so, anything I should know before I rip this thing to pieces, lol.

Seags

mistry_man69
14-02-2006, 11:38 AM
you have e-mail

Hi, any chance you can send me some instructions on how to disassemble the Samsung E800, I have taken the screws out but cannot see any other way to get inside the phone. Your help will be most appreciated.

my e-mail address is [email protected]

Regards.

Seags
14-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi,
If you've removed the four screws the outer case can now be prised off around the edges/bottom and then 'unhooked' at the top.

Note: If you're replacing a screen and don't want to be left with a blank, replace the ribbon at the same time. It's dirt cheap and will save a lot of frustration. This is not a difficult phone to fix once you have the nack of prising the two outer cases off BUT if you meet any resistance at a particular point it's likely you've missed a screw so take care.

btw...there are no torx screwdrivers or soldering required for this job. Why ebayers offer you a free T6 screwdriver with a replacement screen for this phone and some choose to frighten you with the word solder is a mystery (except, of course, they obviously want to sell 'free' screwdrivers and then get you to give them the job anyway). I paid £13 for a screen and £1.50 for a ribbon. They did the job perfectly. The only aspects of the repair that are not fairly obvious at first sight are...A: The side button tab portions of the pcb are adhered to the casing with double sided tape and simply need gently prising out of their seatings...B: The camera is attached with a push fit connector and, again, needs simply lifting with the tip of a thumb nail to remove the pcb to which it is attached (take care to line up correctly when reinstalling). The ringer and speaker will come away with the pcb, again carefully prise them out of their housings..C: The ribbon simply slots in at both ends but is held firm by a piece of tape and an amazingly tiny black bar which hinges up to allow the ribbons removal. Remember to replace bar hinge and tape when the new ribbon is in place.

Seags

ps Below the diagram are the instructions I used. They were helpful to a point but use them in conjunction with those outlined above.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/seagersonline/Flying%20Heroes/CD%20artwork/E800.jpg

Only use the below instructions with reference to those above. Read both carefully before starting the job (remember...no soldering required).

Open phone by sliding front cover up
Remove the 2 small silver screw covers on the peice with the camera lens attatched these are located in the corners.
Remove the 2 Small Phillips screws.
Close phone again.
Remove the battery exposing the rear of the phone and remove SIM card.
Remove the 4 small phillips screws in the corners and by prying the sides apart this will release the rear cover exposing the circuit board (PCB)
With a small screwdriver lift the ringer out which is on the top LHS and has 2 wires attatching it to the (PCB) then slide the phone half open giving you enough ribbon which attatches the 2 parts of the phone together to move slach so that the board can be lifted up from the top then un hock the chatger socket from the hole in the lower case.
the PCB will be loose.
Now to remove the board look onderneat it and you will see where the ribbon attatches this socked it coverd by some green tape peal back the tape then gently lift the little black bar that locks the ribbon in the socket and slide rhe ribbon cable out releasing the board from the phone.
Remove the number buttons by pushing it out of the case.
This will expose the 2 phillips screws in the metal case of the front asseblet which need to be removed
Then you can by prying the sides apart remove the front cover from the top by the camera un hooking from the bottom.
Un Hooke the camera ribbon which is on a small pulg on the top this just lifts apart.
The LCD board cam be removed by lifting the speaker out of the casing and lifting the board out being carefull with the big main gonnector ribbon (You may need to half open / close the phone to successfull get the ribon out.

Turn over the LCD PCB so the screen is downwards then carefully you will need to seperatre these 2 peices by putting a tiny screwdriver between the LCD and the PCB remoning the stick tape which attatches these 2 together.
Once seperated unsolder the 2 joints on the twin ribbon cable freeing them from the PCB and again remove the tape & lift the black locking bar for the LCD ribbon and remove the faulty LCD.

Replace the LCD and re assemble phone in reverse to disassembly instructions.