PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best clone Programmer to buy?

jigi
10-10-2002, 04:36 PM
I read that Build5 Clanzer programmer is best for me while Smartmouse Phoenix cannot write on blank (unprogrammed) gold card. These arguments are a little confusing to a neophyte but ambitious student.

Which programmer do you advise me to buy that will give me a wide variety of opportunities to programme pic cards (gold, silver, wafer), Smart and fun cards, read KI and Imsi as well as use a wide variety of programmes on the net for programming all in ONE without the need to buy more than one programmer? I also wish to buy a programmer that I can still keep using for a few years to come.

I beg you experienced folks to please advise me on which programmer I should buy and where to buy it on the net.

brakk_
12-10-2002, 02:08 AM
u need one of various multi-mode 'commercial' programmers
JDM mode for PICs (microchip eg: gold silver)
Phoenix/smartmouse for eeprom components
AVR/SPI for atmel chips (fun/prussian/jupiter cards)
most of 'universal' programmers have all this mode, look at xp02 or car04 (who are 'old' but i'm sure they have all of them) and surf at web to find best programmer for your usage, coz u maybe don't need all functions they can support
good luck

salias
12-10-2002, 01:18 PM
brakk,

Do you heard about programmer Infineon USB?. I heard all the card can be program by this new product.

brakk_
13-10-2002, 01:26 AM
@salias
maybe 'infinity usb' ?
if it's this one, yes it seem could programing all card actually sell.
but i don't like usb interface since they always put me in big trouble ;P

salias
14-10-2002, 07:03 AM
brakk,

what the simptom that USB will gave you trouble.

brakk_
15-10-2002, 10:16 PM
many differents
at hardware level i can't use some periph. from pc (win & linux) to mac (macos 9 or bsd)

usb is 'universal' but not for my network ;P