PDA

View Full Version : how to flash new firmware to my nokia 6150?

KoXo
10-10-2002, 08:50 PM
hi!

i'm new in this stuff around the flashing, so i've got a question, if anybody can help me and advise me a complete course how to flash a firmware.

i've got nokia 6150 (NSM-1), my current firmware version is 5.23 (20-03-00). i'd like to flash new firmware version p5.23 (12-12-00) with language pack C.

i've got also 3 versions of this new firmware (all 3 are lang pack C), but i don't know, which i should use. is there any app, that checks correct checksums or something like that?

next, which flasher to use? i found different flashers (dejan, xp windls, knok b22, ...), but i'm little off-balance, which flasher to use.

another thing, is any sequence i should do before the flashing (i know about the backup of the old firmware, but another, like calculate something)? there are some differencies between flashing all the memory and only some part i think, but i don't know much about it.

if anyone can help me with this, recommend me any software what to use, eventually some links where to download flashers, firmwares, courses how to flash, etc. for my phone, feel free to reply :)

thanx

DMD
10-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Hi KoXo

Use Knok or Rolis they both work fine

1. Make a backup of the full flash " I you want"
2. Flash phone with appropriate flash file
3. Update flash authority "FAID" if you don't do this you will have no network and the phone will more than likely restart itself all the time.

Cubwolf's webpage has info on flashing nokia's have a look maybe it will shed some light http://www.cubwolf.btinternet.co.uk/upgrade.htm

later.
:D

KoXo
11-10-2002, 09:31 AM
hi, again!

i tried to run rolis478b6, but the message 'This SW do not run under Windows NT or Windows 2000' appears.

i also tried knok22, but it 'cannot prepare the phone', when i try full read. i read somewhere, that it needs flashing cable, that is connected to PC via LPT port, not COM port.

i've got cable (m2bus/fbus i think), that is connected to PC via COM port. softwares like LogoManager etc. works fine. am i able to flash with this cable???

thanx for reply

DMD
12-10-2002, 08:57 PM
Hi KoXo

You can only do software upgrades etc with a flasher cable or the Dejan box or one its copies and it does plug into the printer port you can make the flasher it has a 74Hc14 and a couple of discrete components like resistors diodes and caps very cheap if you can get the phone connectors

LAter:grin: :-D :D :grin: :-D

Leroy
13-10-2002, 09:19 AM
See attachment for the schematic of the flash cable..

Bossworld
13-10-2002, 01:29 PM
there's some cool new things with P5.23

look at www.liambramwell.com for details

KoXo
22-10-2002, 07:43 AM
hi!

i've just flashed new firmware (version P5.23). there were some problems after the switching the phone on. the phone book contained 44 incorrect entries (i didn't have any entries in phone book before, only on sim card), so i've just deleted it.

next, there were problems with the settings, all the settings seemed to be unset and only after manual reseting settings (like t9 dictionary, ringing tone etc.) was it ok.

but what i'm going to ask is, why when i select in menu an item 'Picture messages' my phone is going to freeze? i can't do anything, except the removing battery. does anybody know somethin' about it? did it happen to anybody?

i think, that maybe i sould try other version of flash file (of this firmware version), 'cause i have also another (same firmware version, same language pack, but different - strange? i think so), but i don't think it's the problem.

well, if anyone can help me, please just reply :)

sam22
22-10-2002, 09:46 AM
try to Full Factory Reset the Phone.:)

hope this helps.:) :) :)