PDA

View Full Version : imei change

prjjones
24-01-2005, 03:24 PM
any help is it possable 2 reflash 3200 imei by infered any comments wellcome :rolleyes:

Forhike
25-01-2005, 09:08 AM
if it's posibly to write dct-4 imei with Ir ?
think not
but there is a box for imei change i think it cost about 5000€
but then you will get cables with the box =p

EdgeCrusher
28-02-2005, 06:36 PM
any help is it possable 2 reflash 3200 imei by infered any comments wellcome :rolleyes:

No... DCT4 have a tough protection against changing IMEI. The IMEI is inside a UIA chip, which needs to be unsoldered and replaced. You need a lot of special equipment, like a hot air station, micro soldering machines, write the new chip with the new IMEI, sold it again... pretty complex process.

Best regards
Edge

Forhike
28-02-2005, 06:38 PM
No... DCT4 have a tough protection against changing IMEI. The IMEI is inside a UIA chip, which needs to be unsoldered and replaced. You need a lot of special equipment, like a hot air station, micro soldering machines, write the new chip with the new IMEI, sold it again... pretty complex process.

Best regards
Edge

are you sure you need to change uem ? =)

EdgeCrusher
01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
bad posted, sorry

EdgeCrusher
01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
completely. IMEI is written in that chip, that is not erasable. Anyways, supposing that it is erasable, you can't write ir again on board, you need to desolder it and write it, just like a PIC. For that, you need a hot air station... with is pretty expensive... more or less the number you said in your previous post. And once desoldered, the pins of the chip does not fit in the write socket. So you need a new chip. Correct me if I'm wrong please!

Cheers
Edge :razz: