PDA

View Full Version : Why unlock

bub-baloo
28-01-2005, 12:42 AM
I was wondering if there is any other benifits for unlocking your phone other then moving to different providers with it? Would really appreciate any info. Thank You.

sergo_zmeia
28-01-2005, 08:44 AM
No...only this..U can use any card U want ...
Regards!
sergo_zmeia

Old_Fool
29-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I was wondering if there is any other benifits for unlocking your phone other then moving to different providers with it? Would really appreciate any info. Thank You..

You can use prepaid simcard and avoid monthly service charge.
Out of state you can buy local simcard to use and avoid international service which about $3 a min.
you can buy a " Ghost sim adapter and have two sim in one fone for work and personal use. The greatest reason for me is that i paid $200 of my hard earned money for the fone and it's not completly belong to me? and they did not disclose the locking information in the contract when i signed it? That just got my blood boile man

bub-baloo
30-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Thank you for the information. I never thought of the fact that I paid for the phone but I cant use it if I switch carriers. :mad:

So if I understand this right If I were to go out of state for a while I could get a Pre-paid sim from a local carrier and pay the cheeper rates? That is Great :)

Old_Fool
31-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Thank you for the information. I never thought of the fact that I paid for the phone but I cant use it if I switch carriers. :mad:

So if I understand this right If I were to go out of state for a while I could get a Pre-paid sim from a local carrier and pay the cheeper rates? That is Great :)

Yeap you got it and that 's why CDMA fone and carrier like Verizon is start to loosing ground because CDMA, TDMA is not give you that option and not world wide compatable

bub-baloo
31-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeap you got it and that 's why CDMA fone and carrier like Verizon is start to loosing ground because CDMA, TDMA is not give you that option and not world wide compatable

Ok What is CDMA and TDMA?

Old_Fool
01-02-2005, 04:27 AM
Ok What is CDMA and TDMA?
Digital nework they don't use sim card, Verizon is one of them

bobkat
02-02-2005, 05:39 AM
So, having a phone with the SIM is a much better choice?

I just unlocked my C650 and need to know how to tell if it works, would I just insert another sim to test it?

Old_Fool
02-02-2005, 02:51 PM
So, having a phone with the SIM is a much better choice?

I just unlocked my C650 and need to know how to tell if it works, would I just insert another sim to test it?

insert sim fro different carrier sample if you are with cingular then find Tmobile sim to insert in does not need to be a good working sim as longas it's differnt carrier it will ask for subsidy code if it's not unlock