PDA

View Full Version : samsung e800 white screen

bopper140674
30-01-2005, 09:38 AM
i have a samsung e800 and for the past few days when i slide it up the screen is white and the phone is inoperable please help

fr33s0ft
30-01-2005, 07:54 PM
i have a samsung e800 and for the past few days when i slide it up the screen is white and the phone is inoperable please help

could be one of 3 things , could be faulty lcd , could be faulty flatcable or could be faulty mainboard , unfortunatley this is very common. All of which being expensive , and i've not heard of any Cheap workaround fix's so i'dd say your best bet is to sell the phone on ebay you should get a fairly decent price , you could open the phone (aslong as u know what your doing) and check the flatcable ..to eliminate that ... , the mainboard you'dd have to try in another phone ... and same with the screen otherwise Sell iT

fr33s0ft

mjl123
03-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I've recently had the same problem. Got a Uk 02 Online contract, took the phone to my local 02 shop where it was sent off for repair. The repair tech guy there said its a common problem with the e800, (infact there was someone else collecting an e800 when i dropped mine off). Also read user reviews here (http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-e800.htm)

Going to ask if i can change phones. According to some1 in the above url, they'll replace the phone if you send it off for repair 3times, but when it came to the 3rd they claim it was caused by water damage. This happend to any1 else?

Matt