PDA

View Full Version : Best site for FULL flashes?

badger
11-10-2002, 01:55 PM
I've just tried to download some full flashes from a couple of sites I always used but they are both gone!! In your opinion what is the best site for FULL flashes? I keep getting files with odd sizes. Shouldn't they be 2MB or 4MB (200000 or 400000 hex)?
Any pointers to sites with trustworthy files greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GeeZuZz
11-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Why do you need fullflashes?

Download MCU+PPM (you find it almost anywhere), and download a pack with virgin eeproms.

Then use Rolis to load the mcu and ppm, and flash the eeprom.

badger
11-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Even these seem to vary in size. I just wanted the full flash because I can look at how many bytes it is and then I know if I'm in with a chance of it working!!

GeeZuZz
11-10-2002, 05:36 PM
You will find flashfiles in two formats, wintesla and dejan. Wintesla format is the one you'll find most of, and they will be two separate files - one mcu files, and many ppm files (with different languages)

The mcu file version must be the same as ppm version.

If you download these two files, you can load them in Rolis flasher, and flash your phone (start and end adressess are found automaticly!), After (or before) you have flashed your phone with these two files, you must flash your phone with a virgin eeprom. (i've attached a zip with eeproms for most dct3 phones).

It might sound a little hard, but when you know what you are doing, you will find this method easier than finding full flashes...

This site have got a lot of flash files. Go into the wintesla section and download the flash files you need:

http://www.nokia-zone.tk/

You can always make a full backup of your phone after you have flashed the files succsessfully!

warx
12-10-2002, 12:12 AM
i know your so good in this kind of stuff but what can i say, in not that good.will you guys help me where could i download software like logger,hex editor,ppm editor, flash grphix......etc...... pls help
thanx in advance