PDA

View Full Version : screen saver *.nlm format can it be imported directly by nokix

ema2000
05-02-2005, 11:49 PM
iam asking ! is it possible to import it directly by nokix , it'll be much easier than bmp , i think Mr Yak can do it :D

here is some screen savers for moders

nEMO
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
or/and animated gif files :)

yak
06-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes, I was thinking about that but didn't made anything yet... NLM is not a good idea since it has nokia's screen savers resolution and my screen savers are fullscreen. GIF is better I think :).

ema2000
06-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Yes, I was thinking about that but didn't made anything yet... NLM is not a good idea since it has nokia's screen savers resolution and my screen savers are fullscreen. GIF is better I think :).

Gif coool it's good , better than bmp anyway , keep the good work Mr Yak :)

yak
06-02-2005, 11:51 PM
I've looked at this NLM file. It's format is quite simple, not compressed, and LogoManager itself (at least 1.2.9) allows to draw bigger animations too (96x65). This could be cutted down to 84x48 during processing. Unfortunately it doesn't allow to specify delays between frames (only by multiplying same frames). I could create a script to insert NLM files with detection of same frames, one following another, and in that case just inserting one frame and increasing its delay. This could work and be quite comfortable...

On the other side, animated GIFs allow to specify any time for a frame but this format is more complicated and compressed using LZH if I remember. This would take some time for a REXX script so the processing would be longer. I still have to get a closer look at this one...

ema2000
07-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I could create a script to insert NLM files with detection of same frames, one following another, and in that case just inserting one frame and increasing its delay. This could work and be quite comfortable...

On the other side, animated GIFs allow to specify any time for a frame but this format is more complicated and compressed using LZH if I remember. This would take some time for a REXX script so the processing would be longer. I still have to get a closer look at this one...

hehehe i realy don't know what's good is it nlm or gif , iam not a prof :) , ok mr yak do what u've to do u r the prof :D

i love nokix

yak
09-02-2005, 06:59 PM
right now i'm finishing adding GIF files support to NokiX. The NLM format will not be handled for now but GIF seems to be exactly what we need for animations, especialy that there are plenty of GIF anims "for 3330/5510" in the net (they are there so you can see them and pay for sending it to your phone).

soon we will be able to use them directly with screen_saver.nrx

cheers
yak

ema2000
20-02-2005, 05:26 PM
how about menu animation if it cod be added by gif animation , it'll be gr8 :D

yak
22-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm still unable to add system animations. Only my custom (used in screen_saver and welcome_anim) can be used. If someone is able to do it please contact me. Adding support for GIF would be a childs play then.