View Full Version : GEN of 6100?
tellgio
08-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Hi
I have a Nokia 6100 and I have no idea what the 'GEN' is. I am with Optus in Australia. What should I put there?
Thanks in advance.
Big T.
EdgeCrusher
08-02-2005, 02:47 AM
I think it will probably be 32802. Try first the seventh code, and if it doesn`t work, try the first one. Try them JUST ONCE. If they don't work, it's because it's the wrong GEN (GEN means the same as boxSN, is the box serial number that allows nokia to lock the phones). If the codes don't work, post again please.
Best regards, and post results!
Edge
ps: As a second choice, you can try v2 (33552), but it depends on the manufacturing date of your phone. Since (if my memory doesn't fool me) your phone is pretty new, it will probably be one of the last serials, 32802. Don't forget to post results!
tellgio
09-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi
I have a Nokia 6100 and I have no idea what the 'GEN' is. I am with Optus in Australia. What should I put there?
Thanks in advance.
Big T.
Hi. Thanks, but no luck. Will the box tell me this information?
Thanks
Big T
EdgeCrusher
09-02-2005, 04:42 AM
Nope, the box serial is a special serial number that is encrypted in a dongle that nokia gives to service providers and allows them to lock the phones to a certain network.
We know those codes because when someone decodes a specific algorythm, one of the variables of the algorythm is the GEN, or boxSN.
What have you tried specifically, and when was your phone made?
Cheers
Edge
tellgio
10-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Nope, the box serial is a special serial number that is encrypted in a dongle that nokia gives to service providers and allows them to lock the phones to a certain network.
We know those codes because when someone decodes a specific algorythm, one of the variables of the algorythm is the GEN, or boxSN.
What have you tried specifically, and when was your phone made?
Cheers
Edge
I have tried the two gen codes you gave me. I put in my IMEI code, selected Optus Australia, typed in (in turn) the two gen codes you mentioned, and it said code eror. However, I am starting to wonder.... how long are phones locked to a network? It may already be unlocked as the phone is now 14 months old (one the first 6100's in Australia). Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
Gieffel
10-02-2005, 09:40 PM
I have tried the two gen codes you gave me. I put in my IMEI code, selected Optus Australia, typed in (in turn) the two gen codes you mentioned, and it said code eror. However, I am starting to wonder.... how long are phones locked to a network? It may already be unlocked as the phone is now 14 months old (one the first 6100's in Australia). Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
I should have given the same GEN box, but what I can add :
No network will unlock a phone by himself after anytime, if you don't ask for
If you still are to Optus, ask them for the unlock code
If you have it, tel us, we will learn the S/N box
BR
EdgeCrusher
12-02-2005, 12:57 AM
I should have given the same GEN box, but what I can add :
No network will unlock a phone by himself after anytime, if you don't ask for
If you still are to Optus, ask them for the unlock code
If you have it, tel us, we will learn the S/N box
BR
Gieffel is right, no network will unlock the phone by themselves. If your contract with them is already terminated, you can (and you should, because it's your right) ask them for the code. If the contract is terminated, thay have to give you the code.
Try to ask them, and post here, so we can know which was the correct box SN.
Best Regards
Edge
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.