PDA

View Full Version : 6230: Inactive Bluetooth

pasaje
09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi, I can not turn on the Bluetooth in my Nokia 6230. I try to turn on bud the phone not do any reaction. Please let me know if this problem can be resolve upgrading the flash.

at this moment in the phone I have:

V. 04.44
21-09-04
RH-12
GSM P1.1

Thanks in advance :???:

farsh2002
09-02-2005, 05:22 PM
First of all decide what phone do You have!?!

GoodLuck!

vasilis0
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
I have the same problem. I have a Nokia 6230 and when you turn on the bluetooth nothing happens.

Nokia 6230
v5.24
25-11-04
RH-12
GSM P1.1

Do you thing is a virus or hardware problem?

Thanks

Saiboogu
17-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Old topic, but maybe it'll help someone - I had the same problem (actually, three times now - think I need a firmware update to stop it from coming back), but I've corrected each time. First time I power cycled, it stayed - did a factory reset, and it stayed. Read on the Expansys forum to try removing battery, SIM, etc and holding power button for 15-20 seconds. No explanation given there for why, but my thinking is it must clear out any residual charge from the components, force a cleaner reset. Anyway, that cleared it up. Second & third time I just had to power cycle, it cleared up the problem and let me turn BT on.

scottknight
19-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Getting Bluetooth to work properly on my 6230 is actually the reason I found this site, so I will throw what little experience I have out here. :) I have had my phone for almost 3 weeks and have been playing with it constantly trying to get all the nuances of Bluetooth figured out. Here are a couple of things I have noticed:

1) Quite often the phone will go though this semi-reboot process where the screen goes blank for a second and then everything comes back to where I was. This usually happens when I press a key to do something like exit the radio and always results in reduced functionality of the phone...notably Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is on, I cannot turn it off or vice versa. Even if it is on, there is a good chance it will not actually be paired up with another device even when it says it is.

2) Most of the time, a power cycle will fix any ailments with the crippled phone, but quite often I get "Sim card rejected" or "Sim card registration failed" messages, which results in more power cycles ;)

I called Cingular customer service yesterday about all the quirkiness with the phone and they think I have a bad Sim card and "will need to purchase a new one" :-? Yeah, right. (FWIW, the store I got the phone from said to just come get a new Sim for free any time :) )

Anyway, I was hoping the issues would clear up with a new Sim, but I am not holding my breath. The phone has firmware 4.44, but that is likely to change in the near future now that I have found this site :cool:

surfintheweb200
01-06-2005, 06:25 AM
I bought the Nokia 6230 about 4 months ago and I've been having exactly the same problem. I even sent it in to Cingular's exchange dept but got another phone with the exact same issue. I called Cingular and suggested that it was a software or firmware issue but they didn't believe it, and simply offered to swap the phone out again, but at this point I would prefer to find out exactly how to fix this. Any suggestions?

Getting Bluetooth to work properly on my 6230 is actually the reason I found this site, so I will throw what little experience I have out here. :) I have had my phone for almost 3 weeks and have been playing with it constantly trying to get all the nuances of Bluetooth figured out. Here are a couple of things I have noticed:

1) Quite often the phone will go though this semi-reboot process where the screen goes blank for a second and then everything comes back to where I was. This usually happens when I press a key to do something like exit the radio and always results in reduced functionality of the phone...notably Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is on, I cannot turn it off or vice versa. Even if it is on, there is a good chance it will not actually be paired up with another device even when it says it is.

2) Most of the time, a power cycle will fix any ailments with the crippled phone, but quite often I get "Sim card rejected" or "Sim card registration failed" messages, which results in more power cycles ;)

I called Cingular customer service yesterday about all the quirkiness with the phone and they think I have a bad Sim card and "will need to purchase a new one" :-? Yeah, right. (FWIW, the store I got the phone from said to just come get a new Sim for free any time :) )

Anyway, I was hoping the issues would clear up with a new Sim, but I am not holding my breath. The phone has firmware 4.44, but that is likely to change in the near future now that I have found this site :cool:

scottknight
17-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I bought the Nokia 6230 about 4 months ago and I've been having exactly the same problem. I even sent it in to Cingular's exchange dept but got another phone with the exact same issue. I called Cingular and suggested that it was a software or firmware issue but they didn't believe it, and simply offered to swap the phone out again, but at this point I would prefer to find out exactly how to fix this. Any suggestions?

I dunno, but am finally fed up to the point where I am getting the exchange done. Hopefully, it will get better. Just for future reference, here is what I currently have:

V 04.43
24-08-04
RH-28
GSM P1.1
(c) NMP.

I only hope I don't get a worse version :D

sergo_zmeia
17-08-2005, 12:57 AM
I havent read all topics here..but its a good known problem..U need to change Ur bloototh chip..and all will be ok..
Good luck!
sergo_zmeia

scottknight
15-09-2005, 09:57 PM
In case anyone is actually keeping score, my replacement phone seems to be working as intended (by Nokia, at least :) ). Here is what I ended up with:

Nokia 6230
v 05.34
23-03-05
RH-28
GSM P1.1
(c) NMP.

Language:

There was a quirk with the phone traveling to and around Indiana. In case you are from a place far away, Indiana is one of those oddball states that doesn't follow daylight savings time. Almost the entire trip, the phone was certain I had a wired headset plugged in and would not allow listening through the regular ear speaker. Lost a couple of calls before the wife mentioned that it only works in loudspeaker...which she uses constantly anyway. The little headset icon was always displayed and no amount of fiddling with the phone would make it go away. Even the radio turned on, but of course there was only static when turned to loudspeaker.

When I actually did plug in my wired (the stereo one for radio use), all was well except that it only played in the left ear no matter what. The radio did work, but not in stereo mode.

The bluetooth refused to connect to my Jabra headset telling me that there was an enhanced headset already connected. As soon as we were out of Indiana, all was well and the phone works perfectly back home. Very freaky.

Not sure what to do about going to Indy again next year. At least I only have to look forward to one more year there before I can get a new phone in my plan :) With any luck, they will come up with a phone just like this one with better range and a proper bluetooth stack.

sam teo
15-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I havent read all topics here..but its a good known problem..U need to change Ur bloototh chip..and all will be ok..
Good luck!
sergo_zmeia

Maybe u can help. Where is the b.tooth hip? any diagram to show? N y r there no user fron SINGAPORE? thks

electrophoretic
15-06-2006, 09:14 PM
highlighted is the Bluetooth IC... perhaps reflowing will fix it, replacing is recommended!!

G