PDA

View Full Version : that it happens if I make upgrade of the software version without calculating the fai

REYESITO
12-10-2002, 06:47 AM
that it is the faid?
that it is the checksum?
as I calculate the faid?, when I make upgrade

that it happens if I make upgrade of the software version without calculating the faid?
my excuses for the questions soi beginner.
if they have theory on this topic they can please facilitate it.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :p

REYESITO
12-10-2002, 07:09 AM
this asks it for that, me and proven to make upgrade in telephones tdma like 5120 5120i 6120a 6120i, with the software knok, the telephone works with the new version, all normal one seemingly, but the reception of the channels of the roaming doesn't work as if was left without sign, the telephone stays scaning indefinitely a rf channel but doesn't stop.
that it is it that this happening?
does this happen for not calculating the faid?
as I solve it?

here enclosed a file flash tdma made with knok so that the analizen and they help me
thank you.
:confused: :confused: :eek:

phonedudes
12-10-2002, 10:18 AM
To answer your ?

Yes, its because you did not write the Authority ID (FAID)

You cannot flash a phone with a different MCU version than was in the phone or flash a modified version w/o doing so.

Otherwise you will get the exact symptoms you have... If you reflash your phone back to the same MCU software version you had before the phone will again work perfect.

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

WildSwan
12-10-2002, 11:15 AM
First of all, learn how to post in the right place.

When you do that, learning anything else follows like a river . . .

Originally posted by REYESITO
that it is the faid?
that it is the checksum?
as I calculate the faid?, when I make upgrade

that it happens if I make upgrade of the software version without calculating the faid?
my excuses for the questions soi beginner.
if they have theory on this topic they can please facilitate it.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :p

REYESITO
12-10-2002, 05:44 PM
thank you very attentive phonedudes:D :D :D :D :D :grin: :-D