PDA

View Full Version : Unlock N-6630 via Service providers?????

Red Dwarf
25-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Hello,
I am new to this site, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am trying (along with the rest of the world) to unlock my Nokia 6630. I have tried to do it via my service provider (Orange UK), and they are telling me that it is IMPOSSIBLE and that they are not able to do it yet. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and knew if Orange were actually spinning me a line.

Has anyone been able to unlock this phone with their service provider yet (specifically Orange UK)?????

Cheers.

:confused: :confused:

conners
25-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Hello,
I am new to this site, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am trying (along with the rest of the world) to unlock my Nokia 6630. I have tried to do it via my service provider (Orange UK), and they are telling me that it is IMPOSSIBLE and that they are not able to do it yet. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and knew if Orange were actually spinning me a line.

Has anyone been able to unlock this phone with their service provider yet (specifically Orange UK)?????

Cheers.

:confused: :confused:

I`m on ORANGE as well and they told me that currently its impossible to unlock the phone but will be offering the service in the future, as they do with all phones, as for anyone unlocking, i`ve seen a few sites offering to unlock them now via code, but i`m not paying for something that wil be free one day lol

EdgeCrusher
25-02-2005, 05:31 AM
i`ve seen a few sites offering to unlock them now via code, but i`m not paying for something that wil be free one day lol

Actually, when you pay those sites, the send an email telling you that they have been recently informed that the 6630 can´t be unlocked yadda yadda yadda.

They ask you for a few weeks wait, promising that they'll refund the money. Well, as someone experienced here, they actually refund the money 8-) . But they can't neither unlock the phone. :lol:

Best Regards
Edge

pug306d
25-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Orange told me they could do it but I'd have to buy out my contract even though I dont want to cancel it. I decided not to buy out so dont know if they could have given me the codes or not I suspect the operator i was speaking to did not know they could not do it maybe.

pug306d
25-02-2005, 09:53 PM
6630 on orange unlocked.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6372303458&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Either the auction details are incorrect, orange are lying or there is a unlock solution now?

beckhamyears
27-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi Pug306d

Both you and I know this guy is talking bol$*cks. :lol:

EdgeCrusher
27-02-2005, 05:38 PM
6630 on orange unlocked.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6372303458&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Either the auction details are incorrect, orange are lying or there is a unlock solution now?

pure bull$4!7... "Nokia Unlocking Software", what, is he seling one of the calcs available free on the net? Or, perhaps, NokiaSuite? there's no such a thing. That phone ain't unlocked. Besides that, I think if it would be indeed unlocked, with new firmware, the phone shouldn't display the Orange logo at startup. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Cheers
Edge

pug306d
28-02-2005, 10:47 AM
pure bull$4!7... "Nokia Unlocking Software", what, is he seling one of the calcs available free on the net? Or, perhaps, NokiaSuite? there's no such a thing. That phone ain't unlocked. Besides that, I think if it would be indeed unlocked, with new firmware, the phone shouldn't display the Orange logo at startup. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Cheers
Edge

I doubt its unlocked as well, he's not responded to my question of how it was unlocked!

I thinkt he logo is still displayed when unlocked and even with a new firmware as its a different part of flash I could be wrong though.

EdgeCrusher
28-02-2005, 04:43 PM
I doubt its unlocked as well, he's not responded to my question of how it was unlocked!

I thinkt he logo is still displayed when unlocked and even with a new firmware as its a different part of flash I could be wrong though.

Yes I think it too, I can´t remember exactly if the startup logo does not display anymore when flashed, but I think you're right.

I remember have read something about changing logos, but I can't remember if it was someone wanting to change logo after unlocking or after flashing.

If you can find something about it, please post man!

Cheers.
Edge

kingsknight
28-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I have to clear up that there is NO WAY to unlock the 6630. I have researched in every way i can. Iv been ripped off trying to to unlock this fone. Iv been waiting since before xmas for the code to come from vodafone.

dam it unlock this fone already

Red Dwarf
11-03-2005, 01:46 AM
I have just seen on some other threads that someone has been able to unlock their N 6630 on T-Mobile network???!!! :confused: :confused: So am wondering if anyone else has had any luck with their service providers yet????? Orange are still keeping me hanging! :mad:

EdgeCrusher
12-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Hang on... some providers are indeed giving the codes to their clients. If ppl would post the codes, the task would be easier.

Someone said that TMN Portugal and Orange UK sold some codes (the guy who said that TMN Portugal is selling the codes also said that he was not going to pay for the code.. there goes one chance).

Still no new codes on the 6630 sticky thread. But let's hope that they contribute to the cause. Because it's senseless not posting the codes because you pay for it. Someone did it for us in the past. I just don't have a 6630 and know no one with a 6630, that's why I don't do it.

But I would like to encourage every one who has acquired a working code to post it on the 6630 sticky thread.

Best regards
Edge

Chura4U
12-03-2005, 10:08 AM
well,
i think i have codes to post
but i need to know if they correct
ive tried many codes, more then 5...

and now i've tried to get code from NokiaFree Calc,
when i enter the codes i get no message, just get me back to the main standby screen, no Code Error Msg or something.
but when i try other code i get Code Error Msg.
however, i dont get Restriction Off Msg too....

mybe the codes are right but because i tried more then 5 times they r useless ???

thanks
chen

Gieffel
12-03-2005, 01:28 PM
well,
i think i have codes to post
but i need to know if they correct
ive tried many codes, more then 5...

and now i've tried to get code from NokiaFree Calc,
when i enter the codes i get no message, just get me back to the main standby screen, no Code Error Msg or something.
but when i try other code i get Code Error Msg.
however, i dont get Restriction Off Msg too....

mybe the codes are right but because i tried more then 5 times they r useless ???

thanks
chen

No way to unlock the model up to now. No calc can do it.

If you got "restriction off" your phone is unlocked, but I don't believe you got this message, and your phone doesn't seem to be unlocked
when you try more than 5 code you have the message "impossible ...." or "cannot indo restriction", but you have a message
codes must be entered without SIM inside
BR

Chura4U
12-03-2005, 03:38 PM
i know.
but i didnt get those messeges.
not the cant do restriction and all.
i take a video of it happpining and we'll see.

chura

EdgeCrusher
12-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Chura, like Mr. Gieffel said, no calculator can calculate (sorry for the redundance) codes for 6630. I don't know neither the syntax of the messages nor the codes (meaning I don't know if they are the same as current or if it differs at some point). So unless you test the phone with another sim and it works, the code is unusable, no matter what the message you get.

When I said working codes, I meant codes from providers. Some people had in fact bought codes from providers. Those are working codes. I don't know why you are getting no messages. But it is like this: if you can't use another SIM, the code does not work. Point.

So, unless the code came from the provider, do not post. It's easy to know if a code is different. See the code from Englishpunk and what happened.

Be patient...

Best regards
Edge

Chura4U
15-03-2005, 04:31 PM
as i promissed
the video !
of me enterting the code and get no msg

<Dead link removed>

can anyone explain it ?

Chen

poolhall
09-12-2005, 12:34 AM
i have a 6630 with Hutchinson 3G. They have told me i can unlock it, but it will cost me about 250 quid!!!

BurnerPT
31-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Hang on... some providers are indeed giving the codes to their clients. If ppl would post the codes, the task would be easier.

Someone said that TMN Portugal and Orange UK sold some codes (the guy who said that TMN Portugal is selling the codes also said that he was not going to pay for the code.. there goes one chance).

Still no new codes on the 6630 sticky thread. But let's hope that they contribute to the cause. Because it's senseless not posting the codes because you pay for it. Someone did it for us in the past. I just don't have a 6630 and know no one with a 6630, that's why I don't do it.

But I would like to encourage every one who has acquired a working code to post it on the 6630 sticky thread.

Best regards
Edge
Well i´m portuguese and i´m looking to unlock of my N6630 and it is locked at OPTIMUS I think its orange over there,and actually they sell the codes indeed but you have to recharge your SIM card with 150€ first to be able to buy the code and the code is more 75€......So lets see.....150€+75€=225€......the phone costs 189€ ,so will wait for free codes
Because i dont like to be robed!

DAONE007
30-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Sorry Mate But I Am Trying To As Well I Have Tried So Many Methods And None Of Them Have Worked And We Can Not Get It Unlocked Untill The Bb5 Unlock Software Comes Out Ok Mate

madmally
17-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi Just had a call from G3 in Scotland this afternoon after my complaint to Ofcom. G3 have told me that THEY CAN NOT Unlock the Nokia 6630 as they are in a Dispute with Nokia and that its down to NOKIA that they CAN NOT unlock the Nokia 6630. NOKIA will not give G3 the unlock Codes until The DISPUTE is sorted.
I was told that at no time should The Indian Call-Centre in Delhi have told me the cost is £150 to unlock the nokia 6630 as they don’t even have any way to unlock the Nokia 6630 and they were wrong to say they could G3 are send me a Letter to Confirm this in writing so keep looking as I will post a copy in here. I am still continuing with my complaint with Ofcom just for the hell of it for all the other G3 owners more of us should complain to Ofcom as they were successful in getting G3 in the UK to telephone me with-in-24 hours of my first complaint.

madmally
22-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Well what do you think of this then I have just received a reply back from NOKIA as STATED BELOW

Thank you for contacting Nokia Helpline.

With regard to your email concerning Unlock Codes, it is our understanding that the [G3 network does not currently have the ability to unlock phones but should have this in the near future. Unlock codes would have to come from the network to which the phone is attached. This is their responsibility.

If you wish a letter to confirm this we would advise writing to the following address:

Nokia After Sales Support
PO BOX 347
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE29 6GX

If you should have further questions or suggestions please feel free to contact us anytime.

With best regards,
Your Nokia Helpline

HobGoblin
25-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi Guys,

A pal of mine has a 6630 that was on contract with Voda UK - they actually supplied him the code for free (it was their mistake), but rang him to say that there should have been a charge of £20. His second 6630, also on Voda, was unlocked the same day.

Voda are able to supply unlock codes, and Orange Uk have also supplied them of times past.

HG