PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 5160i

jamkow
13-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Dear friends:
I´m a complete newbie to this, so, I need all the help that you can give me. I have a 5160i and all those providers on my country are playng with us. So, I want to re-program this one. At first step, I have a few schemes for a f/m cable, do yo uthik that this one will be good enough? (pic102.jpg)
Please, answer me, and then I´ll continue with this newbie´s questions.
Thx!

catweasel
13-10-2002, 12:58 AM
Hi James,
I am not quite sure what it is you want to do, is it to unlock the phone or to flash the phone ?

jamkow
15-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi Catweasel! Thx for your reply. In fact, I´m not sure about what I have to do. Probably I´ll have to do both things. The trouble is this one: I had a line with a provider called Unifon, and they cut the service because I didn´t pay a bill that I thought wasn´t fair. After that, I went to another provider, called CTI, and they activated my cell to use it with cards. Till this moment, all was ok. The first provider was a digital one, and the second was analog. Why analog? because they argue that we have to buy the cell from them to allow a digital service (complete lie!!!!).
Well, last month (september), my cell phone become digital on its own, and only got signal from the first provider... and my account with the second is..... where? (I´m thinking in hyperspace, but ... :-)
So, I think that I need flash and unlocking cables, plus Mbus ones... if there are no other way to do it.
The 1 million dollar question is: Can all those cables coexist in one? Or do I have to build each one? and if so, which is the first one that I have to build?

Thx again!!!

catweasel
18-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi James,
sorry I havn't posted a reply earlier but have been busy at work. I think you need to talk to your provider. Are you limited to just the 2 providers? I am not aware that 5160i works on analogue & digital. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. good wishes

jamkow
20-10-2002, 12:26 AM
Hi Catweasel! Thx again for your reply. In fact, I have only 3 providers available, but the one with is providing me service always tell me that they have all ok... that means "Hey, take your f.... phone out of here and f.... you... you are using a card and have no rights to ask for help."... They keep telling me that my phone needs a change of program version... so, I asked for it, but some one wanted tochargeme around 60 dollars to it....
and so on... So, I want to learn all that I can about the 5160i and do all that I need to do on my own....
So....
Thanks Catweasel...

James

catweasel
20-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Hi James, I think if this is the case you will need to flash your phone with latest upgrade using a flasher cable & reset FAID using Mbus or M/Fbus cable. I hope this helps, good luck.

jamkow
21-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Hi again, Catweasel, and thx again for your guide... but does this cable scheme (pi102.jpg) works for that? or do I have to build another one, like this one that is running over the forum (cables.zip)?

James