PDA

View Full Version : oxygen wont find 6600 on bluetooth

Timbersnake
16-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Im gettin pretty pissed off with all this shit now.....

Ive just installed Oxygen II (trial version for now) onto my pc. This is because Nokia PC Suite doesnt work, EVER!!!!

Im running XP Pro SP2 with a bluetooth dongle. Ive disabled the stupid crappy microsoft bluetooth thingy, ive patched my widcomm drivers etc.

Im running the 6600. Now, Oxygen cant find my phone. Ive heard 'rumours' (i say rumours coz its the half hearted crappy responses u get in this forum where people give an answer that means shit. You know, its like 'you need to install the oxygen manager thingy on your mobile' but dont actually bother to tell you why and how!!!!) that i need to install something on my phone for oxygen to find me. Anybody have any clues how this works? what needs to be installed, how do you find it, how do you install it, how do you run it? etc etc.

Basically all i want to do is sync my nokia 6600 with a program of some kind, so i can transfer pictures and files etc. It really really should not be this difficult. Apparently, we sent man to moon over 30 years ago......

moshie2005
16-03-2005, 08:21 PM
i have bluetooth dongle and it all works fine

little tricky to setup , but when you have done once and understand instructions you will be able to connect quite quickly

i have win xp sp2 , but dont use widcomm driver user xp generic

look at this PDF explaining full instructions

http://www.opm-2.com/download/WinXP_SP2_Native_Bluetooth.pdf

good luck

Timbersnake
17-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi, thanks for the advice. The pdf you supplied is very specific and will probably help me out. i will swith the microsoft bt software back on.

Only one tenny weeny problem. Has anybody else noticed that the .sis file you need to install on your nokia, is not supplied with OPM2? Well, i cant find it anyway.

Any ideas on that, and how i can get hold of it?

Timbersnake
17-03-2005, 01:00 PM
yes just noticed, the route should be /program file/oxygen/symbianopm/agent/nokia.

However, mine doesnt show this. its just program file/oxygen/opm/ and then justs lots of jargon files, no .sis files around

Obviously im the tosser who downloaded oxygens lucky crap OPMII!!!!!!

It Just gets better........