View Full Version : General Unlocking
91mg11
17-03-2005, 09:39 AM
I am pretty new to all of the mobile technical world and i am wondering just how a unlick code is generated? Silly question i no but we all have to learn hey
EdgeCrusher
17-03-2005, 05:42 PM
well, check out this thread
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t73792/h/s.html
I've made a very basic explanation about how are codes generated.
For a little more, the new variation of the algorithm is on the 6630. It's not anymore DCT4, it's a new code called bb5. Of course, it brings a whole new thing, since for what I've tried, appears to have something like a dynamic boxsn (all the codes have, for 6630, different boxsn). And it's a new asic also. Well... it's a new algo.. :razz:
Best regards
Edge
Chura4U
17-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Edge
first thanks for ur hard work...
When i enter a coe that was generated from any Calc....
when i put codes 1-6... i get no msg, just brings me back to the standby screen, and code 7 i get Code Error.
btw it deosnt metter what box i choose... every box !
fimiliar with this ?
and when i start the phone with sim i get msg "SIM card noy valid"
what it mean ? simlock ?
thanks
Chura
EdgeCrusher
17-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Edge
first thanks for ur hard work...
When i enter a coe that was generated from any Calc....
when i put codes 1-6... i get no msg, just brings me back to the standby screen, and code 7 i get Code Error.
btw it deosnt metter what box i choose... every box !
fimiliar with this ?
and when i start the phone with sim i get msg "SIM card noy valid"
what it mean ? simlock ?
thanks
Chura
Well, I'm really not that familiar with the 6630. For what I've read, some people say that you have the standard five tries, and the letter from t-mobile that paul posted said max two attempts. But, it could be a security measure to allow t-mobile to type the code themselves.
Now, I couldn't saw your video (I'm using fiirefox), but what you say is really strange. No idea of what's happening.
But the message "SIM card not valid" meand that indeed the phone is locked. And the thread of another forum that was posted on the 6630 code thread has been closed by a mod :lol:
Any news, I'll post! any question, just ask!
Best regards
Edge
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.