PDA

View Full Version : flasher help

colliedunk
20-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi there,
I'm a complete novice to this craic - I've a 3310 and I've just received my Flash cables from ucables, FLASHFM, and was wondering if you guys would be so kind as to explain a few things to me.
1. Whats the difference between the prallel port cable and the serial port cable. What are they both used for.
2. I've read that I need to install userport on XP in order to flash my phone but am wondering if I need this just to manage my phonebook using something like Nokia PC Suite. Do you then have to configure software to use it, where would you find a good guide to using this?
3. I've read that software like rollis flasher can be used to flash my phone but is there anywhere I can get a guide or an explanation to all those accronyms like 3310/3315 (NHM-5), SW, and SWF...etc in software like rollis.
4. Thanks a mill for any help and all replies.
Regards,
James.

mestrini
21-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Hi,

this forum exists for quite some tiome now and the doubts you have lots of members had before and lots of time answered :P

To avoid repeated posts, the admins and mods had the coolest idea to create a place with a lot of FAQ's :eek:

Check this place: http://nokiafree.org/forums/f29/s

and a lot will be cleared. If not then use the search option and, if even then, your questions remained unanswered (which i doubt) come back and ask for help :D

cheers