PDA

View Full Version : nokia 3530 no lights

bjlee
23-03-2005, 03:01 PM
nokia 3530 screen and keypad have no lights. The battery is draining fast( a full charge last for 12 hours with batttery in good condition.)No signal.Sometimes the power button doesnt turns on so the battery has to be removed and reinserted which power on the pone without pressing power button.This pone was previously wet and dried w/ hair drier.Too much problem for this pone. Please help! :???:

DeCODER
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Reball the BGAs, and check UEM,UPP for power up, light and keypad problems...UEM and PA specialy for discharging...
LM... smal component for lights...

bjlee
22-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Sorry for late reply.The PA has been replaced but the battery is still discharging even when power off. So it must be the UEM. Can it be replace without having a dead unit? :-?

DeCODER
24-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Is there epoxid? "black glue around the UEM"

bjlee
25-04-2005, 02:31 PM
The technician says it is sealed and its 50% that the unit will be dead if removed.No guarantee the unit will be revive.If the uem is replaced with a new one how come will the pone be dead?????????Also , when the power button is press slightly to change profile the unit turns off already.Sometimes the power button does not function.then, I have to remove and reinsert te battery to power on.Can this be a board problem?
:???:

DeCODER
25-04-2005, 09:38 PM
If there is no epoxide, reball UEM only... it should solve your problem, but when you need use a new one, u must write RPL file to UEM with new SN...

But can be the connections on PCB rejected too...WRONG DESK, or destroyed by falling,oxidation etc....

bjlee
26-04-2005, 02:55 PM
How about if there is epoxide, what happens next? Is it a deadset?
Can epoxide be remove? :-?

DeCODER
26-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Use BGA ICs glue remover for removing the epoxide...

But if you didnīt do it never before, better return the phone...

bjlee
27-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, I suppose thats the best way to do. Thanks a lot Decoder for assistance. :-D

DeCODER
27-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Ok, everytime ... ;-)

bjlee
29-04-2005, 02:47 PM
By the way, I hope you wont mind .Would you kindly give me a site were I can understand more on mainboards(circuit boards) of celpones.What I mean is that which is the uem, flash ic, upp,etc on the board.How can identify them and what purpose is it for.Please give me site or link where I can learn the technique on analyzing, troubleshooting and repair.Tnx again and more power to you! :smile: