PDA

View Full Version : 6630 unlock at Nokia Service??

iceman88
25-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Can a Nokia 6630 be unlocked at a nokia service??

i mean does any one know any in LONDON? up north?

i got my 6630 on Voda and called them up and told them i wanted it unristricted.... its been 1 week and no answer called them up today and they said tht they can speed up things by only e-mailing me the unlock code ONCE they get it... but dont know when they will...

so.
1) does any one know any Nokia Services and can they unlock?
2) does any one know how long it takes for Voda to get codes aproxx?

Thanks!

Apocalypso
25-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Well, Im preaty sure tha u will not be abel to unlock phone at Nokia SC...

iceman88
26-03-2005, 12:22 AM
any idea y???

leespud
09-04-2005, 06:28 PM
NSC can unlock 6630 but not all centres, nokia i still supplying stores with the equipment

dani2xll
28-04-2005, 08:05 PM
It only takes about a week now to get the unlock code from voda. So i would wait for it. But they are notorious for not having the correct imei number and then issuingthe wrong code. So i would ask them again, just to confirm things. And they do email u the code.

Russia_69
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I've also got a 6630 from Voda UK. I called them on sunday to get the unlock code. They asked for £20 so I said ok no probs email me the code. The guy said it'll take 5 working days but today I got an email saying the following:

Due to unforeseen circumstances our Nokia database which generates codes for the 6630 is temporarily out of action

We have advised Nokia and are in the process of getting the database back to operational status.

This unfortunately will result in a delay to your NUC request, can we ask that you re submit your request in 2 weeks time where we can advise of the situation or provide a code to you.

fools

are there still no other places to get this phone unlocked?

steff2632
25-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I've also got a 6630 from Voda UK. I called them on sunday to get the unlock code. They asked for £20 so I said ok no probs email me the code. The guy said it'll take 5 working days but today I got an email saying the following:

Due to unforeseen circumstances our Nokia database which generates codes for the 6630 is temporarily out of action

We have advised Nokia and are in the process of getting the database back to operational status.

This unfortunately will result in a delay to your NUC request, can we ask that you re submit your request in 2 weeks time where we can advise of the situation or provide a code to you.

fools

are there still no other places to get this phone unlocked?
img uessing your on contract??im on payg & they wont give me 1 becasue im on payb ive paid them the 20 & the wont give me the code :x

Russia_69
26-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Yes I'm on contract. I've called them today and thye still haven't fixed the bloody system to get the code to me. :x

N-sider
01-06-2005, 10:28 AM
I got my phone from Vodafone Ireland.
They posted the code to my house within 5 working days, without charge.
I tried the code and it comes up with, "Not Allowed."

I took it to a Vodafone UK store and they didn't know anything technical about the phones because they're all ignorant muppets.

The instructions from Vodafone Ireland were to type the following,
#pw+code+1#
Vodafone UK shop staff had never seen or heard of that.

I've tried with the SIM in, the SIM out, the UK SIM in.
I've put the code in at least 25 times now and it hasn't completely locked up the phone, despite the warnings.

Vodafone Ireland have inisited that it's the correct code.

They said that I'll have to send it back to them and it will take at least 2 weeks.
Nokia said that they don't lock the phones and they're not allowed to unlock them. They said that Vodafone shouldn't be locking them if they can't unlock them again themselves.
The only reason I bought the phone is because they said it could be unlocked.
I've a pain in my ring over it now at this stage. :mad:

Ka0s^
01-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I guarantee your 6630 is hard locked after 25 attempts. You get 5 goes ONLY , instead of unlocking if you have the correct code, you will get "cannot undo restriction" Its been said on every 6630 thread on these boards

c5_monster
02-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Yup I Think nokia service centers can unlock your phone... as long as you have the right papers that the phone is yours.. :-D Well what I want to ask is, If they can also delete some applications that I don't need on my phone. example is muvee... :???: :???:

N-sider
16-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I guarantee your 6630 is hard locked after 25 attempts.

Why are you trying to tell me something which can see with my own eyes to be untrue!? You can read what you like on these or any other boards. What I'm telling you is factual and true with respect to my phone!

you will get "cannot undo restriction"

Once again, stop trying to tell me what I "will get."
I'm telling you what I "do" get.
"Not Allowed!"

If you can't contribute something constructive, then please don't respond to my posts.

leespud
16-06-2005, 07:14 PM
does any body know if i went to a nokia service centre and asked them to unlock my handset, but they say no we need permission from SP, if i produce my letter with the code i purchased on, would that be enough to say the network has agreed to have my handset unlocked?