PDA

View Full Version : Please help what am I doing wrong

fivele
05-04-2005, 01:17 PM
please can someone help me I have just got a ufs-3 flash box and I dont seem to be able to flash anything. I am using DCTX 1.3j
Heres the problems.

I have connect it all up and plug it the phone (1st one) N-gage and it powers up on its own. Then I select the files I want (PPM and MCU) I then press the start button and all that happens is the phone turns itself off and then want come one I leave it for ages and still nothing happens.
I have clicked the 'Check' tab and only sometimes it will detect the phone. I have checked the cables and all seems to be ok and every now and then '1st boot error: bad resp UFSx. Rebooting mobile' but nothing else happens apart from the tab at the bottom of the screens says 'Scaning Operating Mode'

This is also the same on a 6600.

I have installed this on three PC's now.

1st XP details as above still not got it to work

2nd, Windows ME I install as stated in the manual (this shows as UFS in device manager) I open up DCTx and when I click connect it turns off the PC (nice)

3rd on Windows 98 installed and when I open up DCT I get this message
“Platform: Win32 on Windows 95 4.10 (Build 67766446 A )
Versions: Ufs2xx.dll 2.1.4, Ufs2xx.sys not fond “ where should this be located I have looked in Phoenix/Usb and its there and also in C/Windows/System.

And when I connect and press flash/start, the PW LED flashes and then the RX flashes rapidly and then I get this error

" Detected: V 3.30 28-08-2003 NEM-4 (c)NMP
1st Boot Err: Bad Resp UPP, FF FF FF 72
Process Failed, Repowering Mobile"

At one point it started to send the flash file but then failed. It seemed it cant reboot the mobile when I am watching this the screen on the mobile try’s to turn on but all it does is show fine black lines across it. I know this mobile is working because I can turn in on with the battery in.

So hopefully this is a software issue/driver. Please can someone give the correct driver and how to install it for XP I have installed everything on the CD and none seem to work.

And I still havent heared about my registration if anyone from the team is here please can you help I am desperate to get this to work

torbay
06-04-2005, 12:59 AM
please give me your email address and i will send you the user manual for ufs. i think it would be a good starting point for you to read this, br steve

fivele
06-04-2005, 08:56 AM
cheers

i think I already have this but if you can send it anyway please to [email protected]

Thankx

fivele
08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok I have sorted the problem was my uSB cable was to long and not producing enough power, 5m is a little long

It now works

atarasu74
06-07-2005, 09:05 AM
please give me your email address and i will send you the user manual for ufs. i think it would be a good starting point for you to read this, br steve

My email address is :[email protected]