PDA

View Full Version : Logomanager and 8290

indy1979
07-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I am connecting my phone to the PC via a F/M bus cable but I still cannot get logomanager to change the startup logo. The phone has been unlocked with a code. It keeps showing Voicestream when ever I reboot the phone. Is there any way to get around this and use the F/M bus or IR cables?

Sam

NokDoc
07-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi,

8290 differs compared to our 82xx types.

Startup logos/ animations are in a ppm package called the WUGS, Wake Up Graphics or so.

When U have a flasher cable, it won't be too hard to force Ur own logos there by modding the flashfile.

Without such a cable, U better check if the Nokia 8290 specs and see if it is normally possible to put a new logo there.

Somehow I think there is just a possibility to pick one out of three available animations, but I never saw 8290 type phones, only a flashfile once.

Ps, I also saw ppm wugs in 3390 types, possibly one who have such phones can enlighten Us here.

NokDoc

indy1979
07-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Well, I do know that the 8290 phones don't have an animated startup logo, at least not on mine. I can change the operator and group logos without problem. It's the startup logo that is giving me issues.

I think I read somewhere that the provider had somehow locked in their startup logo to the phone, but was never able to find it again.

Sam