PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Observation Camera

digitrich
08-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey,
At first, thanks for reading this.
I've got a Nokia Observation Camera about a year ago.
I've installed it the normal way, placed a SIM in it, installed the PC suite on my laptop and set up the phone.
Everything worked great, and normal.

I didn't used it for a month or 8, and it has been of powered for that same long time... (I didn't used it no more, the MMS sending got too expencive so I just stopped using it)

Now I've installed the PC suite to my new PC and wanted to use the observation camera again. When I've installed the PC suite, and connected the Observation Camera to my PC (trough the serial cable that came with it), the Nokia observation Camera Suite asks for a 'Security Code'
The manual tells me the standard code is 1234 but that doesn't work.
I've might changed the code myself, but can't remember what it was (I have a good clue about what it should be, and I've tried it in all variations, but it doesnt work)

On the observation Camera there are three lights, n°1 is normal green, n°2 is out and n°3 is blinking red.

Is there anything I can try before I take it to a Nokia store or service point?
I've got the camera for free, I have the box, serail number, etc... (the company I work for got it ( about a year ago) as a demonstration model, we only took pictures from it and that's it...)

I've read some things about 'flashing' the memory, but if I look on this forum and the categories, it doesn't tell the categorie Nokia Observation Camera should be in...

Anyone who has a usefull suggestion, please let me know...

The camera phone is not stollen, I just wanna safe some money by sorting this problem myself (maybe with your great help) in stead of taking it to a nokia shop or service point.

Thanks again for reading all this!

cheers,
d_trich

bradysarlo
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
the Nokia observation Camera Suite asks for a 'Security Code'
The manual tells me the standard code is 1234 but that doesn't work.

Does the manual say 1234 or 12345...
Usualy 12345 is the standard Nokia sec. code. :)
Let me know how you go.

digitrich
09-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey,
thx for your reply !

The manual say's 1234 (in the software suite you can only enter 4 digits) and indeed 12345 is the sec. code.
I've already had contact by phone with the helpdesk of Nokia, and they've told me to enter the 12345 code on the device itself... BUT you cannot enter anything on the device itself, because it has no keypad or so... Everything has to go trough the software, the PC suite that came with the camera phone... (you can change some settings on the device trough sending an sms to it, but you need the same security code if you want to reset the settings, etc...) (+ I haven't used the cam for 8 months, and now the sim card that is in it, needs the puk2 code first before it continues working...)
I have the puk2 code also, but need to enter it through te PC suite software, and I can't get into that suite, because of the security code issue... :sad:

The nokia helpdesk told me the only thing I can do is bring it back to an official service point where they will flash or empty the memory. If I can't solve the problem myself with some help from people over here, that's what I will do. But it's always fun to try solve it ourselves...
:)

Thanks for your help!
cheers,
d_trich

bradysarlo
09-04-2005, 04:40 PM
I've already had contact by phone with the helpdesk of Nokia, and they've told me to enter the 12345 code on the device itself... BUT you cannot enter anything on the device itself, because it has no keypad

Did nokia think you meant a camera phone or are they just dumb lol.
Try 0000 or 00000.
Next step after that might have to be to take it to Nokia :( lol.
(BTW, is the camera good?)

digitrich
09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Did nokia think you meant a camera phone or are they just dumb lol.
they are dumb indeed... I was speaking to a technical support person, he told me they never had anyone with this problem... (he had to look up first what the Nokia Observation Camera was...) (but he did know it wasn't a regular phone with camera...)

Anyway, I've tryed the 0000 code (tryed it before to, because I hoped after all thes months it would jumped back to standard factory settings) but it didn't worked...

I'm gonna wait some longer, maybe someone has a flashing software tool or so that would work with this type of 'phone' and if nothing comes up, I'll take it to a Nokia service point!

Thanks anyway and cheers!
d_trich

digitrich
09-04-2005, 08:44 PM
BTW, is the camera good?)
You can compare it with the standard camera you find in most nokia phones at this time... (640x480 resolution)
It does bether in a dark enviroment than those normal camera phones, but they've improved that because it's a security camera, so it needs to be good in dark situations too...

If you look at the total aspect of this Observation Camera, it's noth worth the money... But that's just what I think of it...

cheers,
d_trich