PDA

View Full Version : backup restore help!!!

iak
15-04-2005, 08:45 PM
hi guys,

my problem is that i formatted my phone but before that i tried backing up the phone contents on the mmc but some error occured. i read on some forum that using fexplorer i could copy the data folder on the mmc. so i did

now when i try to copy it back it say 'data folder already exists' , i tried renaming the data folder but it says ' already in use'. when i was renaming before format this error didnt occur and was able to rename data folder.

so any solutions??

marklloydbinar
16-04-2005, 05:32 AM
What drive are the Data folder you try to renamed?
If the data folder is on C:, you cannot renamed the data folder because the phone use it (i.e log and contacts), and you cant overwrite the files that used by the phone, you can backup only the image, videos, tones from the phone and the same time, the data (the phonebooks, logs, calendar,) can backup on different way, use a pc suite....

tzeonn
17-04-2005, 04:26 PM
u do not copy the data folder! u rename, then u copy the file u wan, in this case its the contacts.cdb file.

if u copied the data folder, try renaming to another name, data1 for example, then move it to the system folder, rename the orig data folder to data2 (The unwanted one after ur format or wat), then rename the data1 folder (ur backup one) to data. tis shld work. u can then delete the data2 folder.

marklloydbinar
19-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Try to use a card reader for better file manipulation.. ;)