PDA

View Full Version : 8210 & NetMonitor helptexts

NokDoc
20-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi,

On my 3310, while browsing the netmonitor, I can press * for some seconds to switch to the helptexts from that specific page.

But for some reason my 8210 only shows empty screens there, while I know there is a system for these helptext in the functions.

Is this only my 8210, or Ur 8210's have this same problem?

NokDoc

dvirus666
20-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi, NocDoc,

Just looked at mine and it also shows an empty screens when i press *.

I am using a modded firmware, not sure on the original though.

icecoldbaby.
20-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Hello Nok doc and dvirus -

My dad works for a phone company and has network monitor (as you call it) on his 6310i and 6630. Now he has to send them away to finland to get Nokia to put network monitor in them (costing £350 a time) Do you know where network monitor is stored on newer phones and if i copied the flash file and flashed it to another phone. Would that have network monitor on it???????

Thanks for your help

NokDoc
21-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Hi,

Thanks Mr. D, looks like we have a bug to fix soon...

Mr. Icecoldbaby,

Those types are dct4, which are different to dct3 types.

I heard that in those phones, the functions are not put into the default phone software.

But I don't know much bout dct4, so I can't do suggestions for possible better or cheaper solutions.

NokDoc

icecoldbaby.
21-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,

Thanks Mr. D, looks like we have a bug to fix soon...

Mr. Icecoldbaby,

Those types are dct4, which are different to dct3 types.

I heard that in those phones, the functions are not put into the default phone software.

But I don't know much bout dct4, so I can't do suggestions for possible better or cheaper solutions.

NokDoc

No its not put into the phones default software, thats what i was saying dct-4 phones have to be sent to Nokia in Finland to have it loaded on the phone.

but what i was wondring is, where would it be loaded on the phones memory and would it be copy-able???????? If i was to read flash from the phone and save it - then flash it to another phone (same model) would it have network monitor on it?????????

Cheers

mestrini
22-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi,

try this .SIS file (symbian phones) and see if u can activate FieldTest( a.k.a netmonitor)

enjoy :D

PS: sorry for the off-topic :o

icecoldbaby.
22-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi,

try this .SIS file (symbian phones) and see if u can activate FieldTest( a.k.a netmonitor)

enjoy :D

PS: sorry for the off-topic :o

Hello, tried this on my 7610 and it does not work, Just freezes the phone.

If someone can tell me where network monitor is stored on a 6310 and 6630. I will try and read the flash and then put it on here for everyone to use?????????