PDA

View Full Version : 3310, skip battery check and "auto on"... possible?

herve_l
23-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi y'all!
I'm quite new in modding and flashing. So this is my first post. Sorry for being newby. :-)

I'm playing with the 3310 (which I think is a fantastic toy, really flexible and simple).
I've put it in an alarm box (at home). Basically, the system that I want to built is to send message (audio and sms) to my personal phone, in case somedy enters my cellar (Some bordeaux wines really deserve this kind of device !!! :grin: ).
I know that you can find something like that in a specialized shop, but I really like the do-it-youself concept and if i deosn't work, i'll come to this solution.

Anyway, I experience problem with the power supply (<--- soa s you see, my alarm box is far away from being operationnal!!!). I use a 1A power supply connected to the 3310 via the special component which I found inside the original battery. this little device allows me to switch on the phone, but the phone considers that the battery is nearly empty and the phone is not stable (it sometimes switches off spontaneously...).

So my questions : has anybody find a solution to :-
- skip the battery test on a nokia 3310 ?
- by pass the on/off button on the same phone (IE : 3310 remains "on" as soon as the power supply gives 3.8 volts.. I'll put a fuse directly on the power supply)

Thanks for reading me so far!!! (and sorry for the long post in a very approximative english..) :o

H.

herve_l
28-04-2005, 07:04 AM
no solution, you' re sure??? :roll:

mestrini
29-04-2005, 12:47 AM
i think it's a bit complicated since the power management involves a lot of instructions in the firmware and several chips (and maybe some responses from the battery as well)

why don't you connect the phone with battery to a charger a leave it on? Just be sure not to go over the week limit set by nokia's user manuals!!

cheers

herve_l
29-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Iguess that's what I'll do!!!!
thanks very much!!