PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 3120b RH-50 Unlock Help

insearchof
25-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi, am using NokiaFree 3.10 calculator and attempting to unlock a Nokia 3120b RH-50. The calculator only has RH-19 for this model. I tried one unlock code with this
3120 RH19
Asic2
V2
and it did not work.

The phone is locked to Cingular USA (NY)

Thanks for any guidance!

thejj
25-04-2005, 11:29 PM
I unfortunately can offer no help because I am trying to do the same thing. In the past I have unlocked several AT&T and T-Mobile (USA) phones very easily using the calculator on this site. Now trying to unlock this Nokia 3120b on Cingular, i am 0 for 4 and afraid to use my last try.

I think the key is to find the correct box serial (i think that is the correct term). I think the choice on the list "Cingular/Pacific Bell" is what is causing the problem. I don't think it gives the right box serial. I will keep researching and post my findings. Hopefully someone else can give us some advice.

insearchof
25-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the reply! I had success previously with other handsets. This one, well, not so.

Is there something about the RH-50? There is a 3100b RH-50 model in the nokia list, but I did not shoot another try on that.

insearchof
26-04-2005, 01:38 AM
Well, now at 0 for 2 :-(

Tried 3100b
Asic 2
V2
Cingular Pac Bell 31017
Box 33820

I continued to search the forums; none of the other posts helped... so HELP! please :D

TIA!

EdgeCrusher
26-04-2005, 02:46 AM
have you tried box 32835?

Try it, and post results! It is probable that it will work, it's worth a shot.

Best regards
Edge

thejj
27-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I've figured out my problem, which probably is not yours.

According to www.nokiausa.com (Nokia's official USA site), the 3120 is only used on Cingular in the US. I bought my phone off ebay and was trying to calculate the unlock codes according to the phone being locked on Cingular. I found out the phone was locked to AT&T. I downloaded 2 different calulators. Both gave me the same results. I only had one try left. I opted for code #7, and it worked.

If you can't get your unlock code here, you may want to check out unlock.co.uk (I hope it's ok to post that here!)

Good luck.

nokia3100
27-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I've figured out my problem, which probably is not yours.

According to www.nokiausa.com (Nokia's official USA site), the 3120 is only used on Cingular in the US. I bought my phone off ebay and was trying to calculate the unlock codes according to the phone being locked on Cingular. I found out the phone was locked to AT&T. I downloaded 2 different calulators. Both gave me the same results. I only had one try left. I opted for code #7, and it worked.

If you can't get your unlock code here, you may want to check out unlock.co.uk (I hope it's ok to post that here!)

Good luck.what code calcs did you use? and did you use asic 2 or new griffin or v2? i tried 2 calcs already using v2 with no success ( i already used up 3rd try). i made a comparison between the two programs i used and it gave the same result. the only difference is that one show the model 3120 and the other doens't have an option for phone model. i have only 2 tries left and i want to make sure to do it right at 4th try. i already unlock several phone already and i always use #7 and it always work at 1st try but not the 3120.