PDA

View Full Version : Please be gentle with me

Treacle
26-04-2005, 07:12 AM
My missus has just upgraded to a Nokia 6170 and as she's hooked on a game from her 7250 (called Triple Pop), I've been up virtually all night attempting to transfer a version of this game to her phone (which without Bluetooth and a PC requires an incredibly convoluted procedure of transferring from my Mac to my Sony Ericsson P910 via Bluetooth and then to the Nokia 6170 via infrared!!). I tried a ".sis" file first and have since tried various different games with files that have ".jar" and ".jad" appendages but so far without success (which all came in a games folder which I downloaded that was supposed to be for the 6170!).
The phone won't recognise the ".jar" (Java?) files and so will only allow me to save them in my gallery folders.

Any assistance would be most gratefully received as if I can't suss this out, I can see the missus ending up ignoring the new phone entirely! However please bear in mind that if you can be bothered to respond, it would help to write in the same terms as if you were talking to a three year old with this technological nincompoop :-)

Peace & Love
Bernard