PDA

View Full Version : No display after 1 minute

mikki_licop
01-05-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm using a Nokia 3650. After turning on my phone and leaving it for a minute or so the display turns off but the phone does not. When I press the keypad the lights turn on and its still like normal but there is no visual output. If I switch on the fone with safe mode, its take longer for the display to go out but it still does after 5mins or so. What should I do?

marklloydbinar
02-05-2005, 04:13 AM
Go to Nokia CAre Center and reflash the phone. There was a software problem on your phone and need to be reflash. 3650 is very much phrone on that kind of problem, my colleagues also got that....

mikki_licop
02-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Go to Nokia CAre Center and reflash the phone. There was a software problem on your phone and need to be reflash. 3650 is very much phrone on that kind of problem, my colleagues also got that....

I noticed that it takes longer now for the display to turn off but it still does. But sometimes too it only takes a minute. Is flashing my phone the only way to get rid of the problem?

02-05-2005, 04:45 PM
same thing happens to me. you can only resume if you call the phone itself (the phone wakes up) or try pressing the power button to change the profile settings... try to disable any 3rd party screensavers if you have any...

marklloydbinar
03-05-2005, 07:23 AM
I noticed that it takes longer now for the display to turn off but it still does. But sometimes too it only takes a minute. Is flashing my phone the only way to get rid of the problem?

Thats what i think so to clean all your phones problem. And we dont want any abnormalities on our phone, so i suggest to do a reflashing before you get a huge problem that kill your phone and become useless.

mikki_licop
04-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Thats what i think so to clean all your phones problem. And we dont want any abnormalities on our phone, so i suggest to do a reflashing before you get a huge problem that kill your phone and become useless.

On the average, how much would a reflashing in a Nokia Care Center cost here in the Philippines?

04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
if you have it flashed at a Nokia Care Center or at Semicon, it may cost you
about 500 pesos. if at greenhills probably less, just make sure reliable ang shop.

flashing your phone, will completely delete all user data including phonebook (contacts), sms.mms.email messages, configuration data, images saved in phone memory etc. try to back up phone memory to memory card (extras menu). and remove and keep the memory card, before handing the phone over to be
flashed. there may be a "system error" shown after reinserting the memory card
back to the newly flashed phone, if you had installed 3rd party applications to the memory card. simply reinstall them back.