PDA

View Full Version : V220: OK, so now it's unlocked...

skewedhalo
06-05-2005, 02:38 AM
I was given a Motorola V220 at the beginning of the year, and despite knowing nothing about mobile phones other than how to text or make a call, I was able to unlock it thanks to Megrine's software and simple instructions.

So, now my next issue. It's not a problem, more an annoyance...and if what I am asking is obvious or common knowledge, then please forgive me.

The phone was locked to Virgin. I unlocked it and now use it with T-Mobile. When the phone is open, the small outer display still shows 'Virgin'. Likewise, when I switch it on or off, the main display shows a 'Virgin Mobile' graphic. Can these be changed? If so how?

Remember, if you are going to be kind enough to answer this post, please keep it very simple and jargon-free.

Thanks in advance.

PaoloWireless
17-05-2005, 10:13 PM
xl8r.us/hofo

skewedhalo
30-05-2005, 06:09 PM
xl8r.us/hofo

I presume this is a web address, however it is invalid, with or without a www.

Old_Fool
30-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I presume this is a web address, however it is invalid, with or without a www.
That is what you get when you want it to be jargon free and simple. So next time when you ask for help keep in mind you don't have much option
http://xlr8.us/hofo/.
Good luck

skewedhalo
03-06-2005, 10:51 PM
That is what you get when you want it to be jargon free and simple. So next time when you ask for help keep in mind you don't have much option
http://xlr8.us/hofo/.
Good luck

Err...thanks Old Fool, but I don't understand what you mean. :???: Are you saying that if I want it simple and jargon free, I can expect no accompanying words of explanation to my enquiry!?!? Bit rude if you ask me!

The site wasn't accessible when I first tried it, but is now. When I have a couple of free months I'll start reading! Typically I can't even get my PC to install my phone correctly now, although of course it did it before when I unlocked it. Grrrrrr. Bloomin' computers!

Old_Fool
03-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Err...thanks Old Fool, but I don't understand what you mean. :???: Are you saying that if I want it simple and jargon free, I can expect no accompanying words of explanation to my enquiry!?!? Bit rude if you ask me!

The site wasn't accessible when I first tried it, but is now. When I have a couple of free months I'll start reading! Typically I can't even get my PC to install my phone correctly now, although of course it did it before when I unlocked it. Grrrrrr. Bloomin' computers!
What are you truing to connect it thru? PST? or MPT?
If you have any of this soft install in C drive then when PC ask for drive directed to it.
Sample C:\program\MPT\inf.
If you fone stuck at initalizing then just hit cancle then a picture of a fone will pop up on your desk top. Click on menu icon--> set up--> F6 general setup-->communication-->modem exchange--> choose form list-->on your left look for motorola GSM select it then on your right look for V220 select it then finish should now work