PDA

View Full Version : Really Urgent Help Needed

djX
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi, i am a N 7650 user, last night, i was taking some pix and it showed me '2' pics still left to be taken, when i took a pic, it showed "MEMORY FULL - PLEASE DELETE SOME DATA" well, i tried but watever i opened, like IMAGES (to delete and make some space) or Apps Manger (to delete and make space) it kept on showing "MEMORY FULL" and i had to press OK (left key) to make that alertt go.. anyways, finally i thought of switching off the fone. After that, my fone is not gettin ON. when i switch it On, it keeps on showing the "NOKIA" logo in blue (the startup screen) for almost 10-15minutes, sometimes it shows that "MEMORY FULL" alert, which when i press OK, it again goes back to "NOKIA" logo .. in the end, it says, "STARTUP FAILED, PLEASE CONTACT THE RETAILER"

Now can anyone please help me? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.. i am really worried.. this is the only fone i've got rite now, and that too is not working, i can even put my SIM in alternate fone.. So a Quick help with Suggestions and guidance to solve this problem wud b highly appreciated!!!

What should i do? is there any way to RESET the fone? .. i currently use a BlueTooth to exchange pix, or tones or apps.. but ofcourse that wont work unless the fone starts.. so.. please suggest me something.. :(

leespud
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
needs flashing to clear the c:, no other way thats one of the main annoying problems with the ver 6.x of symbian s60

djX
10-05-2005, 11:04 AM
thnx for such quick response lee.. but how to do it? can i do it myself? :( u think it happens with other 7650s also? or was it just that my fone's OS got f**ked up? :(

plus, if i flash or get it flashed as u said, wat will i loose? all pix and contacts :eek:

leespud
10-05-2005, 11:10 AM
you will loose all data on your phone

it happens to all symbian phones, but other phones can save data to memory card so its less likely to happen, no problem with os its just nokia realised this problem and every phone since 6600 excluding n-gage qd and a recovery system implemented, although this also wipes all the data it can be done by the user and quickly

you need to take your handset to a nokia service centre or a phone repair place they will know what to do im sure they done it lots before

djX
10-05-2005, 01:24 PM
is there some way that the retailer (repair shop guy) just delete some last pix so that i dont loose ALL THE PIX and SMS messages :(!!.. and make some space to fix this space shortage problem leespud?? :-?

plus, wats the diff between HARD RESET and Flashing? cuz in some other thread, they were discussing HARD RESET of 6600 and he was also saying that it'll delete all messages, pix and contacts .. so wats the different and WAT is flashing?

leespud
10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
hard reset was what i was describing, it can be done while phone is off on symbian ver 7.x and 8.x
but the phone you have is 6.x which the phone needs to be on to hard reset, the only way to clear the c: is to flash it now

djX
11-05-2005, 12:01 AM
sorry to .. disturb again lee, but can u tell me how much ppl normally charge for flashing the fone? and does this means that the flashing means they'd re-install the Symbian OS?? and IF YES, can i get Newer Symbian (that of 6600) installed in place of current Symbian 6.xx ??

I know m asking too many questions, but i dont know much abt fones, plus, this is first time that such a problem happened with me in 2 yrs of using this fone :( i never even imagined it'd happen .. :(:(:(

leespud
11-05-2005, 12:07 AM
i dont know of a price as i have only ever had it done under warranty, it is not possible to upgrade OS version sorry, OS is upgraded with hardware upgrades, more complex stuff also involved beyond my knowledge as to why its not possible but i know for a fact its not possible

djX
11-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi LEE, well thanks for your help and everything. U are too kind to take time to respond. I went to the market, and asked many people what can be done. Thankfully, as i had the fone backedup, so i got my Contacts back, but lost all pics and SMS :( they flashed my fone and re-installed the OS (thats what they told me) and i can feel that too, everything was gone, the picture on my BOX was back on the display.. the guy painting a pavement.. :) .. anyways.. they charged me around US$ 8/= .. with a warranty of a week, if anything goes wrong.. lets see it stays stable or goes corrupt again like before. I am not installing any apps i used to before.... is it ok?

leespud
11-05-2005, 11:42 PM
just install apps with the same care you did before, it should be really more stable than it was before as i guess its got the latest firmware so most bugs in earlier are fixed, just becareful this time to not fill the memory up or the problem again!!!