PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new_main_menu.nrx

joci2000
26-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi everybody,

I have a little problem i think with new_main_menu.nrx or add_animation.rx.
i have problem only with the animation.

I would like to add new animations to my menu which would be full screen animations.

The animations are 84x39.

After i patch the needed files there will be no menu animations at all.
So could someone tell me that how could i use fullscreen animations?

thx

dvirus666
26-05-2005, 10:21 PM
If your animation is bigger than the display zone then you will have problems.

I done a bigger size animation for my 3310 and had to make the display zones 11 ,12 larger.
I set mine to (X1=0 Y1=7 X2=84 Y2=32) but you could make it (X1=0 Y1=0 X2=84 Y2=39) but it might cause problems with the MSG counter.
If you leave it as (X1=0 Y1=7 X2=84 Y2=32) and zones 32 & 33 smaller X1=0 Y1=40 X2=84 Y2=8 you can still use the space at the top if you change the DISPMODE to 0x18 to remove the counter and remove all titles so no txt appears.
Then you should be able to use the full 84x39 animation.

joci2000
27-05-2005, 09:03 AM
If your animation is bigger than the display zone then you will have problems.

I done a bigger size animation for my 3310 and had to make the display zones 11 ,12 larger.
I set mine to (X1=0 Y1=7 X2=84 Y2=32) but you could make it (X1=0 Y1=0 X2=84 Y2=39) but it might cause problems with the MSG counter.
If you leave it as (X1=0 Y1=7 X2=84 Y2=32) and zones 32 & 33 smaller X1=0 Y1=40 X2=84 Y2=8 you can still use the space at the top if you change the DISPMODE to 0x18 to remove the counter and remove all titles so no txt appears.
Then you should be able to use the full 84x39 animation.

Hi,
Yes, I thought that this could be the problem but earlier this wasn't problem for me. I didn't have to change the display zone to make it works. but as i see now i have to modify it.

Thanks your answer

yak
27-05-2005, 10:45 PM
First of all, you wanted to say write_main_menu.nrx, not new_main_menu.nrx.

This script together with mentioned add_animation.rx can add an animation to the list of animations in your flash. They do not change the way the anims are displayed by the menu system and beacause it doesn't handle such a big anims, you have problems, it is not a bug in neither write_main_menu.nrx or add_animation.rx.

As said before, you can adjust the display zones to fix this.

joci2000
28-05-2005, 08:27 AM
First of all, you wanted to say write_main_menu.nrx, not new_main_menu.nrx.

This script together with mentioned add_animation.rx can add an animation to the list of animations in your flash. They do not change the way the anims are displayed by the menu system and beacause it doesn't handle such a big anims, you have problems, it is not a bug in neither write_main_menu.nrx or add_animation.rx.

As said before, you can adjust the display zones to fix this.

Yes you are right i want to say write_new_menu.nrx. :D

And thx your answer. I could solve my problem with changing zones like dvirus said. but not for full screen because i also want to use normal menu.
So i use smaller. thx the idea for dvirus again.

But Yak could you tell me that what does this line mean? in add_animation.rx:

line 78: r=rc%tim this was my problem. i deleted the rc% and after it can import any huge animations.

Thx

yak
28-05-2005, 09:06 AM
This line is a part of code responsible for translating animation frames timings to nokia anims timings. In GIF, every frame has a "time" value, it says how long the frame should be exposed before the next is drawn. In Nokia anims every frame in whole anim is exposed for the same time. To display a frame longer, we have to display it twice (or more times). This line calculates (r variable) how many times should a frame be repeated. I don't know what problems can this cause with huge anims (i think huge means long here). If you could send me (mailto:[email protected]) the anim add_animation.rx failed to work with I would be thankfull.

joci2000
28-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Thank you very much.