PDA

View Full Version : 6630 cant even perform soft reset!

Rain Man
31-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Hello,

My 6630 after 4 months has just started to give up. I cannot acces my contacts, i cannot send sms's and i cannot type anything on the keypad or it resets. Is there ANYTHING i can do??

Thanks

marklloydbinar
01-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Hello,

My 6630 after 4 months has just started to give up. I cannot acces my contacts, i cannot send sms's and i cannot type anything on the keypad or it resets. Is there ANYTHING i can do??

Thanks

On my understanding, your phone keypad doesnt work if you press any key, is it? But your phone boot ok? I dont know whether theres a hardware or software problem on your phone and all i can suggest is go to Nokia center.

mirkocrocop
01-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Just format your mobile and mmc and everything should work fine ;-)

tinkywinky
01-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Just format your mobile and mmc and everything should work fine ;-)

Can you explain me how to format the phone if the keypad doesn't work :???:

:-P

conners
04-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I`ve just had the same problem with my 6630, 4 month old, got up and it was playing up, phoned orange, and they said it was faulty, replaced it with a new handset this morning, but I had the same problem, i couldnt even ave my contacts the phone would reset when i went into it.

absomalutely198
04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I had the same problem, its due to the custom dictionary entries file being corrupted. It sounds far fetched that a dictionary file could stop u accessing just about every part of your phone and makes it reset when u push some of the keys, but ud be surprised.

For now, id format the phone (hard reset) and then install a file manager. Then, when it happens again, you can simply delete the offending file.

I cant think for the life of me what the file is though, There was a post on it somewhere on this forum not too long ago, does anyone know the url? :eek: