PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to find out network for unlocking 6230



bobes
06-06-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm getting a used 6230 that's locked to Cingular. It's being shipped to me from Pennsylvania. Using the calculator on this site, can I just select Cingular, Pacific Bell Wireless? I know that Pac Bell was on the west coast and the phone is coming from the east...

Is it ok to just select Cingular? or did they buy out someone that has a different network code?

bobes
06-06-2005, 05:05 PM
I have crux 2.31 ... is that the latest version? is there a better recommended calc?

bobes
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
yeah it allows custom gen...

there's been so much in the forums about this..
all conflicting (but successful) methods...

I've read for Gen these three different methods:
custom (32802)
Asic 6 (32821) which is what the calc on this site gives
V2 (33820)

guess I'll try it in that order and hope one of them works...

thanks for your help. will get my phone in two days and test it. will post results afterwards.

jelly2
11-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I have a 6230 cingular that was used and trying to unlock. I am new to this and not really 100 percent of how to do this. When I put the sim in it says restricted. What can I try and a little detail about what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bobes
15-06-2005, 03:15 AM
got it on the first try using ur recommendation.. thanks

kxl19
10-07-2005, 12:19 AM
got it on the first try using ur recommendation.. thanks

Hi, I have a 6230b as well on Cingular in the midwest. I've tried unlocking using DCT4, Asic2, 31017 as the MCC+MNC, and 32802. The first code didn't work.

I then tried same as above, but ASIC 6. This time, I got a different error, it said, "Code restriction not possible" or something like that.

What should I do? I've attempted 4 times already, the first two were from the website calculator, which isn't correct for the 6230b on Cingular.

kxl19
10-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Shoot. I should have been more careful. After the first 2 failed, I started to look at the threads here, and couldn't decide whether to use the Asic 2 or asic3, and then I later realized the 6230b is different from the 6230.

Will I be able to get a cable unlocker to unlock it? Any suggestions on where to doi this?


Phone is hardlocked

Correct settings for Cingular 6230b

Asic 6
GEN 32802
Network 31017

These setings worked in April 2005 on a brand new phone I doubt they will of changed

When you are unlocking a phone thats hard to unlock check the threads on this forum and use a standalone manual calc!

attdude
13-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey kxl19,

Same problem here.. i have done tried more than 5 times before reading all the useful info here..

Did u find any solution.. wil the cingular store guys will unlock upon request.. I bought this phone brand new from amazon.com without any plan..

Please help

thanks

kxl19
25-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey kxl19,

Same problem here.. i have done tried more than 5 times before reading all the useful info here..

Did u find any solution.. wil the cingular store guys will unlock upon request.. I bought this phone brand new from amazon.com without any plan..

Please help

thanks

I tried asking at the store, they told me that they couldn't do it there. Your best bet is to find a mobile phone shop that'll use the cable. If you live in a large major city, you might try cellphone shops in the local Chinatown.

phtn
31-07-2005, 05:59 AM
greetings group,

i have also just purchased a cingular-locked 6230b from amazon.
after it arrives i will post my results of unlocking it with the above info (thanks all)

the unlocker i will be using will be indear's php code.

his readme says:

"Enjoy! and read the LICENSE!! :)

www.indear.tk
www.geocities.com/indearcito"

and the license is the GNU GPL

later

phtn
09-08-2005, 02:49 AM
with the information given above my new amazon purchased, cingular locked 6230b unlocked with no problem, using code 1.

it might be useful to mention that when the phone says "Insert SIM" it looks like it's not waiting for any keypad input. however, you CAN start to enter the #+ sequence and a cursor prompt will come up. as a newb i was sitting there looking at it waiting for it to give me a prompt... but it doesn't bother til you type.

thanks for the info all, 6230b seems pretty sweet so far