PDA

View Full Version : Reset a "new to me" used phone?

zoom233
06-06-2005, 08:34 AM
I just got a couple used Nokia phones a 3200b and a 3300b. They are AT&T wireless phones an I am a Cingular customer. I used the code generator here and they unlocked just fine and now recognize my Cingular SIM. I found though the seller didn't erase his contacts or anything before he sold the phones to me. Is there an easy way to reset the phone so it's like I just bought it factory new? I tried the "restore factory settings" and maybe that reset all the phone settings, I'm not sure, but the contacts are still there.

LMK, TIA,
Bryan

EdgeCrusher
06-06-2005, 08:37 AM
well Mr. bryan, there should be the option of delete all contacts. If it's not there, unfortunately you will have to delete them manually.

Best regards
Edge

zoom233
06-06-2005, 08:26 PM
OK, that worked on the 3300 but there is a security code set on the 3200 that is preventing me from deleting all contacts or restore factory settings. Anyway to circumvent that? I contacted the guy who sold me the phone and he said to try two four digit codes he might have used but neither works.

Thanks,
Bryan

FoneUnlocking
06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
security code set on the 3200 that is preventing me from deleting all contacts or restore factory settings. Anyway to circumvent that? I contacted the guy who sold me the phone and he said to try two four digit codes he might have used but neither works.

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi it should be a standerd 1234 code needed, if that dosnt work try 0000.

Hope this helps