PDA

View Full Version : Nokix Menu Generator??? Just Confused

-=PBCNX=-
19-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Just Confused, I Saw a menu generator software for nokix in the archive. I thought nokix creates the menu's while patching... if this menu generator is necessary, how can i add the menu settings into my flash?

yak
20-06-2005, 10:18 AM
If you want to edit your menu (or add something to it) dump it from clean flash file using Dumper tab in NokiX and dump_menu.nrx script. Edit it by hand and put it back into flash by adding write_main_menu.nrx script to your Project (give the edited menu file as parameter). Menu generators were used in first versions of NokiX where editing of this menu file was complicated. Now adding a patch, lets say Plotter, is very easy. Simply find a suitable place for it in the dumped menu file and add @item def=plotter line there. Other patches you can add in simmilar way, double-click a script in your Project to read more about what it does and what should be used as def= (definition) parameter in menu. Sorry for no new lines, my ENTER key doesn't work.

-=PBCNX=-
21-06-2005, 02:36 PM
If you want to edit your menu (or add something to it) dump it from clean flash file using Dumper tab in NokiX and dump_menu.nrx script. Edit it by hand and put it back into flash by adding write_main_menu.nrx script to your Project (give the edited menu file as parameter). Menu generators were used in first versions of NokiX where editing of this menu file was complicated. Now adding a patch, lets say Plotter, is very easy. Simply find a suitable place for it in the dumped menu file and add @item def=plotter line there. Other patches you can add in simmilar way, double-click a script in your Project to read more about what it does and what should be used as def= (definition) parameter in menu. Sorry for no new lines, my ENTER key doesn't work.

So yak you mean this menu generator is not necessary and nokix generates the menu by itself? because i'm stuck using genolite and i found out this great nokix prog. its much more easy to use than geno. thanks for a great program.

joci2000
21-06-2005, 02:42 PM
So yak you mean this menu generator is not necessary and nokix generates the menu by itself? because i'm stuck using genolite and i found out this great nokix prog. its much more easy to use than geno. thanks for a great program.

Hi

yes you only have to execute the dump_menu.nrx on dumper mode, and it will make your current menu what you have to save to any txt. after that you can edit this file, so you can add new things ;)

-=PBCNX=-
21-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi

yes you only have to execute the dump_menu.nrx on dumper mode, and it will make your current menu what you have to save to any txt. after that you can edit this file, so you can add new things ;)

sorry but i cant understand how to do this. may i ask if someone could explain me step-by-step. thanks anyway. i'm just a little bit new on nokix.

joci2000
21-06-2005, 04:05 PM
sorry but i cant understand how to do this. may i ask if someone could explain me step-by-step. thanks anyway. i'm just a little bit new on nokix.

so first open the program
2. open your flash file to input flash
3. go to dumper mode (press dumper button)
4. press use input flash.
5. browse the dump_menu.nrx to script
6. press execute script button
7. save your menu

bye

-=PBCNX=-
21-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks man. thanks yak!