PDA

View Full Version : Nokix Script Bug Report

-=PBCNX=-
23-06-2005, 03:41 PM
yak, i saw a bug in one of your scripts. version.nrx. when added, rolis doesn't accept the flash file.

nEMO
23-06-2005, 05:11 PM
version.nrx is not Yak's script !!

joci2000
23-06-2005, 05:17 PM
yak, i saw a bug in one of your scripts. version.nrx. when added, rolis doesn't accept the flash file.

Hi,

well i must say that this script is a third party script which means that it is written not by Yak.

I wrote this patch to change the version information of your flash. You should apply this patch at the end of your project, to work correctly with the other scripts. You have to use file as a parameter in NokiX

And what is your rolis flasher prog version? I use rolis 4.77 on xp with userport driver and working fine for me. It just warn me that the version number not correct, but it can flash the phone.

-=PBCNX=-
23-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi,

well i must say that this script is a third party script which means that it is written not by Yak.

I wrote this patch to change the version information of your flash. You should apply this patch at the end of your project, to work correctly with the other scripts. You have to use file as a parameter in NokiX

And what is your rolis flasher prog version? I use rolis 4.77 on xp with userport driver and working fine for me. It just warn me that the version number not correct, but it can flash the phone.

i use rolis 4.78 and 4.79 w/out userport. just changed it into compatibility mode. it says that "this are not nokia flash image or it are not compatible"

joci2000
23-06-2005, 06:38 PM
i use rolis 4.78 and 4.79 w/out userport. just changed it into compatibility mode. it says that "this are not nokia flash image or it are not compatible"

hmm it seems very interesting because I 've just trűied with 4.78 with compatible mode and it say nothing for my modded flash. simply flashed the phone. Try to install userport.

-=PBCNX=-
23-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Still The same Thing Happens. So Sad.

joci2000
23-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Still The same Thing Happens. So Sad.

could you give this wrong flash file?

mestrini
25-06-2005, 12:48 AM
To avoid damaging phones, Rolis wrote the flasher in a way that it reads some common info present in nokia flash files and if recognized, allows to upload it to the phone.
Now, that is for novice users... ;)
Some advanced users may know what are doing and may need to flash some pieces of flash (not complete file) or modded files and for those there's the "red circle" button that allows to load any binary file and flash it to the phone :-o The only restriction here is that file size must be divisible by 64k bytes and that's why some 7110 virgin eeproms show that error when used, because someone forgot to crop it correctly :razz:

So all you have to do is be sure that the file has the correct size, checksums are either killed or correct and that the start address is 200000

cheers

PS:
This info is nothing new and available in the forum..... :eek:

n0tpr64
28-06-2005, 03:57 AM
I think there is another bug in version.nrx:

When you patched it on a 5110, no signal occurs and the operator logo is all black.

joci2000
28-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I think there is another bug in version.nrx:

When you patched it on a 5110, no signal occurs and the operator logo is all black.

hmm it is interesting... if you have a lot of problem with this script simply do not use it