PDA

View Full Version : nokia 8210 reception fault

hetixo
24-06-2005, 01:24 PM
hi

could anyone give me any better advice than the guy at the mobile phone shop did about this problem when he said 'it's an old phone, they go like that.'

it is an old phone - about 5 years - but i love it and i don't want to upgrade and refuse to believe it can't be fixed. I've put a new battery in it but it has this weird thing when the reception bars are at maximum and then if i start testing or pressing any of the buttons the recption completely goes and it comes and goes like that all the time.

Anyone any ideas? If so, can you keep it simple without too many abbreviations as i'm a bit of a technophobe...

cheers :???:

CLEBO
01-07-2005, 10:11 PM
hi

could anyone give me any better advice than the guy at the mobile phone shop did about this problem when he said 'it's an old phone, they go like that.'

it is an old phone - about 5 years - but i love it and i don't want to upgrade and refuse to believe it can't be fixed. I've put a new battery in it but it has this weird thing when the reception bars are at maximum and then if i start testing or pressing any of the buttons the recption completely goes and it comes and goes like that all the time.

Anyone any ideas? If so, can you keep it simple without too many abbreviations as i'm a bit of a technophobe...

cheers :???:
you are goin to hav to replace the power amplfier on the mobile. ;-) take it to someone that can do it for you,this would sort out you problem,if you have dropped your fone then it mite be you antena switch you mite have to replace it as well.
:-D

icecoldbaby.
01-07-2005, 11:46 PM
you are goin to hav to replace the power amplfier on the mobile. ;-) take it to someone that can do it for you,this would sort out you problem,if you have dropped your fone then it mite be you antena switch you mite have to replace it as well.
:-D

or you may need to do a re-flow on a few bits, with a heat gun

hetixo
02-07-2005, 03:43 PM
thank you all.