PDA

View Full Version : 6630 & 256 mb MMC instalation problems ...

Grumbit
27-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi all !

I bought a Kingston 256Mb Dual-Voltage MMC for my 6630,
It works fine to make pictures and record video and audio but when I try to install for instance Agilemessenger.sis with Nokia PCsuite the file gets passed to the phone fine but when I want to finish the installation on the phone the installer says "unable to read file"

I allready have set the app manager to accept installs and not to check certificates online...
Allso the card has been formatted with the phone mem. tool.

Does annyone know how this can be ?
I really donīt know what I am doing wrong...

Greetz & adv. tnx,
Grumbit
Amsterdam, Netherlands

tzeonn
06-07-2005, 08:53 AM
maybe the file is corrupted? try getting another version?

leespud
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
try see if the same problm happends with the generic 64/32mb(which ever one you got) you got with the handset

Grumbit
06-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I have the same problem with all .sis and .jar installers when trying to install on the 256Mb card but not when I do it on the 32Mb original that came with the phone...

I took the 256Mb card to a good PC store nearby and asked them to format the 256Mb card...
They couldnt read or format it with their dual voltage compatible cardreaders ????
But they where able to read the 32Mb card without any problems...

Strangely I have discovered that I can copy songs over BT to my phoneMem and then internally copy them 1 by 1 to the memorycard...
This is far from Ideal I can tell you and max file size is limited by free phone memory...

Card still works fine fo recording audio video or making pictures though...

Weird or not ?

Greetz,
Peter Lunk

aGriPiNo
08-07-2005, 01:37 PM
that's reeeaaaly weird.. i was just to buy a kingstom card just like your but, now i don't know if i should...maybe i'll just buy another brand..ironic is the fact that i will buy kingston because their good quality on all sort of memory... :???:
is there anyone with one of these cards to say something?

aGriPiNo

Grumbit
09-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Weir weirder weirdest !!!

I now am completely convinced that there is a software fault with the 6630 and formatting /readin DV MMC cards !!!

I formatted my 256Mb DV MMC card in my old N3650 and put it back in my 6630 and all works like a charm !!

Installing recording vids etc all works !!!

Strange huh !

Greetz,
Peter Lunk

leespud
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
dunno if it helps but i formatted my 256mb DV card in my pc card reader(much faster) maybe this why i not experience any problems

Grumbit
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
dunno if it helps but i formatted my 256mb DV card in my pc card reader(much faster) maybe this why i not experience any problems

fast format did not work for me with the pc reader
neither did slow ???

formatting it with 3650 works fine !

this is why i beleive there must be something wrong with the formatting procedure of the 6630

greetz,
Grumbit