PDA

View Full Version : 6230 keypay problem, please help!!!!

engltayl
28-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I have a nokia 6230 which i dropped in a pint glass full of beer! i cleaned it out and all seemed fine except some of my keys now dont work. They all work except 2, 5, 8, and 0. Ive replaced the internal keypad but it still doesnt work. Any advice? or do i need a new phone?

Cheers for any help!!!

Lee

sergo_zmeia
29-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Go here:http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61917#post61917
U may need to register.../look in post No.1/..get service manual..and find the chip which controls the key board..U need to reheat it.../its a small glass thing/...
Good luck!
sergo_zmeia

engltayl
04-07-2005, 07:11 PM
how do yuo reheat it? i am a novice. or is it beyond a novice. Ive taken it to a independant repair shop and they say its the board gone and they cant do anything.
If all else fails will a nokia service centre be able to fix this problem

cheers for your help

tolerance
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I have a nokia 6230 which i dropped in a pint glass full of beer! i cleaned it out and all seemed fine except some of my keys now dont work. They all work except 2, 5, 8, and 0. Ive replaced the internal keypad but it still doesnt work. Any advice? or do i need a new phone?

Cheers for any help!!!

Lee
you should check first if that numbers are on the same group together coz if that so, you should trace the line of that group. i dont have any idea if you are a technician or what but these may give you idea. keys of cellphone are group by 5's or 4's and are connected to a transistor or directly to cpu if the trace of line is found defective under the cpu then i think you should replace your unit but if not you could modify your lines using a magnet wire as thin as possible. i hope that you are near my shop to help you more even with that cpu. but for now you should try to clean it again with a contact cleaner and an eraser. yes an eraser of a pencil together with your keypad membrane. but probably a broken line is the cause of the problem

THE FOX
09-07-2005, 06:04 PM
OPEN THE FONE.
clean the key-pads on the board and the silver pads with iso,
and a toothbrush.
if the board is tarnished you can use a little braso (metal polish)
on a cotton bud to clean it. then clean again with iso.
if you cant get iso, use a hospital alcohol swab.
it contains iso...
;) ;) ;)