PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of Sim number ?

18-10-2002, 07:43 PM
Hi everybody. I am wondering . Is there any website or resource about Sim card number. I mean What is the meaning of the number on the sim card . 15 digits.....what carrier, country, area, ....please help me

nonu_don
19-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Sim Number:
it is basically the no. by which a network provider distinguish between cards. ie it is just for the management purpose of the network provider and nothing to do with the working of phone and sim card.

in the network provider (np) database these sim no. relate to different imsi and ki numbers. that is they dont directly write the imsi and ki values on the sim, but keep a number on it ( sim no. ) which in there database is related to imsi and ki.

20-10-2002, 05:32 PM
I mean if I give you a sim card number....can you tell me what is carrier, area, .... that sim card will work....because I have some T-mobil sim card but that only work on some area but I don't know where I only know that will not work everywhere .
When i insert sim card into the phone that will work but when my friend activate it , will not work on his area , He had same carrier

nonu_don
20-10-2002, 06:37 PM
either my english understanding is weak or you have poor english writing.. please try askin this question once more...

:-))

21-10-2002, 02:12 PM
My English is poor ....... Someone told me , the reading of the sim card (number) can tell me the information about carrier (T-mobile, cingular, AT&T), country (USA, ...), area (LA, Newyork, Texas...),
I would like to know how that works. There are 20 digits on the sim card. Which one is contry code , which one is area code, and which one is country code.....
Thank you in advance

nase ck
22-10-2002, 11:11 AM
@newbie....maybe after u scan with dejan sim scan u will got the IMSI containing 18 digit of numbers. e.g 08590210.....an so on. ok. so if u wan to know the net provider just look at 8th place of
digit example 0120(read from backward) this for AIS in Thailand). for thailand the country code is 520 and network code is 01 if for malaysia maybe 08592091 or 31 or 21. networt code for malaysia 502. provider code 13 for tm touch. 12 for maxis and 19 for celcom. maybe this could help u...tq

ps;/please correct me if i wrong:D :D

22-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Can we do it without Dejan scan....? this is what I think ....
For example: Sim card number 89310 27010 20154 xxxxx
89=? (I don't know), 310= country code (USA), 27=powertel (carrier), 010=area (this one I need to know, I need the list for this), the rest of it will be sim number..
Correct me if i am wrong.
But sometime sim # 15001 12062 XXXXXX . ?????

salias
23-10-2002, 02:41 AM
Hi,

i am not sure this note will help.......

What is an IMEI number?
An "International Mobile Equipment Identity" is a unique number which shall be allocated to each individual mobile station (MS) equipment in the GSM system and shall be unconditionally implemented by the MS manufacturer.
The GSM IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) numbering system is a 15 digit unqiue code that is used to identify the GSM phone to a GSM network.
When a phone is switched on, this unqiue IMEI number is transmitted and checked against a database of blacklisted or greylisted phones in the network's EIR (Equipment ID Register). This EIR determines whether the phone can log onto the network to make and receive calls.
How to display a phone's IMEI number: Type *#06# on the keypad. This code works on most phones.
What effect does a listing of an IMEI number with an EIR have?
If the EIR and IMEI numbers match, the networks can do a number of things. They can for example greylist or blacklist a phone:
Greylisting will allow the phone to be used, but it can be tracked to see who has it (via the SIM info). Blacklisting bars the phone from being used on any network where there is an EIR match.
. TTTTTT FF SSSSSS C
IMEI= TAC + FAC + SNR + CD
IMEI Example: 490154100837810
This number consists of following parts:
TTTTTT = 490154
Type Approval Code (TAC). The six digit number. The first two digits is the code for the country approval.
FF = 10
Final Assembly Code (FAC) - Manufacturer code
01 or 02 = AEG, 07 or 40 = Motorola, 10 or 20 = Nokia, 30 = Ericsson, 40 or 41 or 44= Siemens, 47 = Option International, 50 = Bosch, 51 = Sony, 51 = Siemens, 51 = Ericsson, 60 = Alcatel, 70 = Sagem, 75 = Dancall, 80 = Philips, 85 = Panasonic
SSSSSS = 083781
Phone Serial Number (SNR) - Six digit serial number
P = 0
Check digit (CD) - On older phones "0"
The IMEI (14 digits) is complemented by a check digit. The check digit is not part of the digits transmitted at IMEI check occasions, as described below. The Check Digit shall avoid manual transmission errors, e.g. when customers register stolen MEs at the operators customer care desk. The Check Digit is defined according to the Luhn formula.
Computation of CD from the IMEI proceeds as follows:
· Step 1: Double the values of the odd labelled digits D1, D3, D5 ... D13 of the IMEI.
· Step 2: Add together the individual digits of all the seven numbers obtained in Step 1, and then add this sum to the sum of all the even labelled digits D2, D4, D6 ... D14 of the IMEI.
· Step 3: If the number obtained in Step 2 ends in 0, then set CD to be 0. If the number obtained in Step 2 does not end in 0, then set CD to be that number subtracted from the next higher number which does end in 0.

23-10-2002, 01:49 PM
I need some kind of information like that one but for Sim card....
That is for IMEI....Thanks salias

brakk_
25-10-2002, 02:08 AM
@newbie
i'll receive old contracts who have numerous of informations, i hope this will help me to 'extract' relation between all of them by comparaison (eg: default PIN is present.. maybe find a way to find puk etc...if sp don't use pseudo random generator to make them)
i can't post them due to all personnal info stored on them, but let me know if u are interesting searching 'algos' or all other good stuffs we'll able to extract

brakk_
25-10-2002, 02:11 AM
@salias
thanks man ;)
i enjoy all info who let me see how 'all of this' can work (particullary relations between keys/numbers given, like i said on precedent post)