View Full Version : HELP! Only 1 attempt left
madgrrl100
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Being cocky I thought I could follow the forum information and obtain the correct unlocking code for my phone.
Unfortunately I've tried 4 times now with no luck. The message I get is "code error". Can someone tell me where I have gone wrong? Here's what I have done:
1. Gone to calculator link from this site.
2. Entered IMEI number, Selected UK o2, Asic 6 and Nokia 6230
3. Taken Sim out and turned on phone, entered codes 1, 2, and 7 all with the "code error" message
4. Tried entering a code with the sim in and received "code error".
I have a 6230 v 03.15, dated 17.03.04. This is my last attempt and I'm desperate to get it right.
EdgeCrusher
05-07-2005, 03:54 AM
which gen are you using?
since you have march 04 firmware, I think the settings should be set manually to the following:
go to options and set the calc to expert mode (assuming you are using the standalone version of the nokiafree calc. If you're not, download it from the unlock codes section).
set the cal to expert mode
enter manually the following settings:
phone: Nokia DCT4
network code: select it from the dropdown menu
asic: 6
GEN: Original
I think those settings should work. As this is your last try, be sure to find a local small repair shop, which in case this does not work will unlock the phone by cable for a small charge.
Please, post results!
Best regards
Edge
EdgeCrusher
05-07-2005, 11:20 PM
When you generate a list of codes and you use code 1 and says "code error" then more than likely other codes within the same calculated list will say "code error"
Not necessarily Mr. subway999, it depends on which lock was used. At least, that says my experience. If only lock seven was used, all the other codes would gave me code error, no matter what the theory says (which, I agree with you, says what you say).
Best regards
Edge
Edit: Mr. subway999, though did not mention the name, said that the code was given to him by another member through a PM.
EdgeCrusher
07-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Yes Mr. subway999, I did not said anything about which code to use, nor did you on your previous post on this thread. You said that usually if a certain code from a set gave error, all the codes on that set are probably wrong.
I answered that, in my experience, that does not always happen.
But I didn't understand why you said "LOCAL experience". I wasn't questioning your vast local experience. In fact, I didn't mention anything about anything else than the note about the set code. Please, do not take things personally, nor be so flamboyant. It's not a competition about who knows more, it's a community where everybody shares their knowledge.
Best regards
Edge
Hi, the phone might already be unlocked, have you tried a different sim card?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.