PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6680 Line 2

bullerd
05-07-2005, 08:34 PM
I have just had my Orange Nokia 6680 reflashed with the proper Orange firmware but I have lost line 2 functionality. Holding the # key changes from silent to general profile! and If you cal the phone on line 2 it is unavailable.

Anyone have a 6680 with standard nokia firmware and the same problem?

For some reason I only have firmware v 2.04.15 - may be the newer f/w will sort this???

Ooops I meant reflashed with proper Nokia firmware (cos I wanted to get rid of that Orange crap!)

mromer
09-07-2005, 01:39 PM
even the newer version V 3.04.11 ahs has the same thing. pressing the # key changes from silent to general n vice versa

Musicb0ffin
10-07-2005, 09:16 AM
pressing the # key changes from silent to general n vice versa

Does it? It doesn't on my 6680...

cprafferty
10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Its a simple question of product profile files.

When I installed the nokia flash pack for the 6680 (RM-36) a number of pp files are installed as well.

The one that allows line 2 is call RM36_FIRMWARE-VERSION-HERE_als.pp (in my case RM36_3.050435_als.pp)

Or if your not using 3G RM36_FIRMWARE-VERSION-HERE_als_GsmOnly.pp (again in my case RM36_3.050435_als_GsmOnly.pp)

The als part stands for allow second line.

Of course to use these files you will need something like a griffin box.

Hope this helps some people.

bullerd
10-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Its a simple question of product profile files.

When I installed the nokia flash pack for the 6680 (RM-36) a number of pp files are installed as well.

The one that allows line 2 is call RM36_FIRMWARE-VERSION-HERE_als.pp (in my case RM36_3.050435_als.pp)

Or if your not using 3G RM36_FIRMWARE-VERSION-HERE_als_GsmOnly.pp (again in my case RM36_3.050435_als_GsmOnly.pp)

The als part stands for allow second line.

Of course to use these files you will need something like a griffin box.

Hope this helps some people.

Ok, I showed this to my Nokia man and he appeared to be a bit thrown by it all!!! Anyway it would help if I could go bgack armed with the complete info then I can tell him what he needs to do!! So a couple of Qs. This PP file - is this the 1 and only file the phone is flashed with and therefore a case of flashing the phone the the als version of the software? Or is it a file that is selected as part of a number of files used for the relash? Is it possible to add the als file after reflash or is it integral part of reflash? And finally, is this als file gonna be the thing that every Nokia service centre should have readily available or can easliy downland from Nokia?
Thanks.

cprafferty
13-07-2005, 11:28 AM
The ALS file is a completely different file from the flash file & can be applyed after the flash.

But it can also be applyed while flashing as well if you so desire with a griffin box.

Confused?

mk_kannan
27-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi,
I have v3.04.37
01-06-05,RM-36. I check with Nokia care, they said if u hold the # key it will change the profile. They change it in all 3G mobile. Later they are going to change the same in all GSM tool.

Kannan M

bullerd
27-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I have v3.04.37
01-06-05,RM-36. I check with Nokia care, they said if u hold the # key it will change the profile. They change it in all 3G mobile. Later they are going to change the same in all GSM tool.

Kannan M

do you mean thay have changed all 3g Nokias to not have Line 2 and that they will be stopping all GSM Nokia from having Line 2. Thanks :???: :-D

mk_kannan
02-08-2005, 01:15 PM
do you mean thay have changed all 3g Nokias to not have Line 2 and that they will be stopping all GSM Nokia from having Line 2. Thanks :???: :-D

No, They are not remove Line2. Its available. Just they remove the shortcut to change the line2 while hold the # key. If you want to use line2 you can change it from settings.

Kannan M

beanitos
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Maybe this will help:

After having my 6680 replaced by Orange (who I work for btw), i was no longer able to switch lines by holding the # key. After fishing around I round the following fix which worked for me:

go to Tools/Settings/Network Settings... and change Network mode from 'Dual mode' to 'GSM'.
The phone will restart, when it restarts you should then be able to switch lines using # (i can now).
However GSM mode removes the 3G functionality, so if you go back to the same menu option and revert back to 'Dual Mode' you should still be able to switch lines.

This has worked for me although I only did it about 10 mins ago!

Apparently the Orange 3G network doesn't support 3G so your handset does not know it should allow line switching. But changing to GSM it rechecks the SIM and recognises 2 lines.
I have a feeling I may have to do this on a regular basis everytime my line 2 disappears!

Cheers
Beanitos

beanitos
03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
"Apparently the Orange 3G network doesn't support 3G"

should read

"apparently the orange 3G network doesn't support line 2".

BTW im still using the Orange firmware as I was advised getting the Original nokia firmware would remove line 2 functionality

Cheers

mk_kannan
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
"Apparently the Orange 3G network doesn't support 3G"

should read

"apparently the orange 3G network doesn't support line 2".

BTW im still using the Orange firmware as I was advised getting the Original nokia firmware would remove line 2 functionality

Cheers

Hi i did all the things you told. But still if i hold the # key it will change the profile only(both cases like DUAL Mode and GSM). I am having generice Nokia firmware. Its not from any service provider. In India we can purchase any handset without service provider contract.

Kannan M

bullerd
08-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I have just realised 1 impoertant point! When I got my Orange 6680 reflashed, they blew it up so acutally replaced it with a new Nokia branded 6680. I have been told that if you acutally reflash a Orange 6680 with Nokia firmware it should keep the line 2 functionality. Could someone who has had their Orange 6680 reflashed with generic Nokia firmware tell me if they still have line 2 functionality
Thanks

madness.pro
19-12-2005, 09:49 AM
mine says "outgoing phone line"