PDA

View Full Version : which fone?

celfone_freak
10-07-2005, 05:34 PM
there seemed to be a lot of mobile phones around, capable of almost everything you need! nokia seems to make a phone every other day! anyway, i want to change my phone, 6630. I'm a bit confused right now w/c one to get, i have a lot of choices but then new cp keeps on coming... well, can you guys help me? here are some of my feature lists which i want on my phone:

Symbian (series 60)
262k screen
Mp3 player (mono or stereo it would be ok--- most new series 60 phones have one right or you could just install...)
camera in front or ability to take self pics (i'm kinda vain! haha!)
fm radio (but its not an issue but it would be fine to have one)
great camera with flash (1 or 2mp doesnt rili matter as long as it has flash)
fast processor like my 6630
NOT SO EXPENSIVE!!! hahaha!

what else... i dunno, infra? but that would just be a bonus, i'm fine wether it has one or none. size? hmmm, i don't really care. Design? i'm fine with nokias design but it would be great if it was like samsung's. battery life? hmmm... so-so. anyway, i'm quite fine with my 6630, it's just that, it has little flaws that made me want to change it. first was, i find the screen very beautiful, it's bright and all that til i saw my sis 3230! compared to it, the colors are so washed out! the 3230s is more vibrant and brighter! next, the cam! it's like the 3650s! even when in night mode, it just doesnt seem to capture decent pics in dim light unlike the 3230 w/c really adjust accdg. to its surroundings. 3rd is the built in mp3 player. well, its fine though i know i can install ultramp3 or other 3rd party apps. its just that when im using it with a headset, i can't seem to change the song (as in next) using the button in the headset you use when answering or ending calls, unlike in 3230. I know! you'll say i should just get the 3230 but its slow, and the realplayer is not in full screen and it looks like a tennis racket to me! (sorry for all 3230 users. just my opinion.) i have other choices like the 6260 but its a step down, or may be 2-3 steps down compared to my 6630. but it can take self pics ryt? but its really buggy.. the 6680 is capable device but i don't know if i should get it since many similar phones are coming and i have no idea what set of features or what its really like or is it a worthy replacement for my phone... there is the k750i and d500 but not symbian and no selfpics. the samsung p730 is ok with me even if its not symbian but it lacks connectivity! even infrared wud be great but it doesnt have! aghh! i'm reall confused!!! guys help me please!!!

H@Zardous P@in
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
i'd recommand u a 6680, or maybe u can wait fro the N series to be out, all these phones are really interesting!!

marklloydbinar
11-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Same here, For me, Ill go for the N series.

celfone_freak
12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
another problem... my 6630 keeps on restarting by itsel. i don't know why, i tried to reformat it with *#7370# but that doesnt seem to solve the prob. maybe its with the memory card i'm using? 256mb popcom. (philippine brand i suppose...)

marklloydbinar
16-07-2005, 02:51 AM
another problem... my 6630 keeps on restarting by itsel. i don't know why, i tried to reformat it with *#7370# but that doesnt seem to solve the prob. maybe its with the memory card i'm using? 256mb popcom. (philippine brand i suppose...)

Try to remove your mmc, and see if the problem still encountered, and if so, the mmc is ok, and if not, i think your phone need to be reflash...