PDA

View Full Version : 3315 - no signal

coylum
12-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I have "inherited" a Nokia 3315 which was water "damaged" but said to be still working although it dropped out sometimes! I have carried out Chunkhead's tried and tested guide to water damage. Problem is that I now get no signal strength. Could this be due to inadequate drying? or perhaps faulty reassembly ? Any clues or pointers would be appreciated.....

tolerance
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I have "inherited" a Nokia 3315 which was water "damaged" but said to be still working although it dropped out sometimes! I have carried out Chunkhead's tried and tested guide to water damage. Problem is that I now get no signal strength. Could this be due to inadequate drying? or perhaps faulty reassembly ? Any clues or pointers would be appreciated.....
a unit water damaged must not only be cleaned. you should also reheat some bga ic's. it may have corrosions build onto them you should apply some flux and reheat at least 3xandalso the ant sw and rf which are most probably damaged you should reheat and cool down before testing and repeating
each steps.

coylum
13-07-2005, 05:30 AM
I decided to put the "cleaned" circuit board and the antenna panel in a warm fan forced oven set at 45 degrees for about 2 hours to ensure that all traces of moisture had been driven off. On reassembly everything appears to be working well. I suspect the major problem may have been water sandwiched behind the antenna ??

hummy
29-11-2005, 04:14 AM
if the signal strenght is low, change the ant sw. if it gets signal but it fluctuates, check the +ve connection from batt to PA, if ok change PA. if it persist, change hagar.