PDA

View Full Version : what can i use to play mp4 on my nokia 6680 ?

BM_mcfc
12-07-2005, 11:29 PM
hiya guys.
ive got a nokia 6680 and i cant play mp4 files on it.i get a message saying...unable to pvplayer was unable to open this file.i know the files play on other things but not on my phone.is there any software i can install on my phone to play these?

BM

p.s. i got the link from another forum and if im allowed to post the link i will.

marklloydbinar
14-07-2005, 01:00 AM
hiya guys.
ive got a nokia 6680 and i cant play mp4 files on it.i get a message saying...unable to pvplayer was unable to open this file.i know the files play on other things but not on my phone.is there any software i can install on my phone to play these?

BM

p.s. i got the link from another forum and if im allowed to post the link i will.

did you try opening it using the default real player - it can play real media and mp4.

BM_mcfc
18-07-2005, 07:38 PM
hiya.
yes i tried opening it with real player and it says..unable to open file.
ive tried opening the files with nokia data suite software and it opens great but not on my phone.

any ideas?

BM

marklloydbinar
18-07-2005, 11:43 PM
hiya.
yes i tried opening it with real player and it says..unable to open file.
ive tried opening the files with nokia data suite software and it opens great but not on my phone.

any ideas?

BM

I think your MP4 is high on quality, i mean that the one converted the movie to Mp4 (MpegtoMp4 for example) used a high quality bitrate, audio quality, freq, etc, so the default real player cant play the file bec. of that. You may also encountered this (not opening) if you convert a high quality 3gp files, the nokia phone also cant play this, but nokia says that it can play mp4/3gp but not all i think.

And to be satisfied on this i converted two video on 3gp format, one is on low quality and the other is on high quality output, guess what, the high quality cant play and my phone says unable to open, but the low quality 3gp i converted, it plays perfectly... I think this is same as Mp4. Good day!

marklloydbinar
18-07-2005, 11:46 PM
And lastly mate,

Open it to Nokia Converter then convert it to 3gp format, the nokia converter give the right quality output to be able to play on phone.. Good day!.

BM_mcfc
22-07-2005, 11:35 PM
i shall give it a go matey.....

thanks mark its much appreciated mate.

regards

BM

jadelois
25-07-2005, 10:12 AM
I had the same problem with mine, do you have i tunes? if so convert the songs to mp3 (edit---preferences--importing---mp3) then right click the song to convert and click convert to mp3. The pc suite definately detects these!